New York City "Surprise Gig" Review

Kaneda

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you guys might like to know that Axl might be staying in NYC for a few weeks according to what Eddie Trunk has heard.

http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/418725/pid/401816

Maybe Eddie will do an interview with him.

Hi Beta!

pics are here (only three of them works -for me):

http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?pn=1&&pk=view&cd=PHOTO&cdid=418763&pid=400032&imid=2284&

Thought you guys might like to know that Axl might be staying in NYC for a few weeks according to what Eddie Trunk has heard.

Hi Beta!

http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?pn=1&&pk=view&cd=PHOTO&cdid=418763&pid=400032&imid=2284&

same 4 me.

Hi Beta!

same 4 me.

:shrugs: maybe someone who can see all of them , could upload them here..or we have to wait if it´ll be fixed or not..

thanks for the comments Justin, you are right on. It's amazing that some people think that being jealous somehow gives them power.

the fact the Axl and the rest of GNR are getting closer to fans is great. Of course all the fans want to meet Axl, but it seems like the ones who do are the ones that can relate to them on a normal level. A few on this forum have legitimate connections and have have met the band members.......not becuase they are die-hard fanatical gunners, but becuase they have forged relationship with others over time. NOT in just the good times, but in all times.

Congrats on your rare opportunity. Mine is coming. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but sometime. And as for Eric.............none of us would be here on this forum......if his "hobby" didn't actually serve a purpose. I've met Eric and he is first rate. Just a normal guy with a "hobby" he loves.

Yes.....I put "hobby" in quotes............running this place could easily consume more hours than most of us work.

well said my friend, well said. I'm not friends with the band because I want to go run and chase them around on tour, hoping for a backstage hookup. I'm friends with these guys because they are great people, doing something incredibly amazing with their lives. I love being around interesting people, and i'd say playing in Guns is probably one of the most interesting lives a man can lead...

Wow. That was one of the lamest posts ive ever read.

OMG - what;s wrong with all you jealous losers. This guy went to an amazing show and reported on it, trying to equate this to talking about a private invite to someone's house? Seriously.

New here, but who the F cares about this Madison loser - I'm glad Axl told her off, laughing my ass off on how he did it as well. Maybe shit-hawk can come carry her away.

Half of you are pathetic dweebs who would be stuttering idiots if you ever came within 2 feet of Axl. They are throwing private shows for exclusive people in NYC...and that's somehow news to you? Get a clue you pathetic losers and let those on the inside enjoy.

Great posts and great concert. Rock on Axl.

Madison find a hole and burry yourself

OMG - what;s wrong with all you jealous losers. This guy went to an amazing show and reported on it, trying to equate this to talking about a private invite to someone's house? Seriously.

New here, but who the F cares about this Madison loser - I'm glad Axl told her off, laughing my ass off on how he did it as well. Maybe shit-hawk can come carry her away.

Half of you are pathetic dweebs who would be stuttering idiots if you ever came within 2 feet of Axl. They are throwing private shows for exclusive people in NYC...and that's somehow news to you? Get a clue you pathetic losers and let those on the inside enjoy.

Not a great way to start off your time here.

Not a great way to start off your time here.

A Spade's a spade

i don't see change. obama makes change.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

don't laugh. obama makes change. what change does axl make? look at the facts:

1. chinese democracy didn't debut #1. failing to live up to the illusions

2. axl did no promotion months in advance of the record

3. axl let robin finck leave guns n roses just as the record was finally coming out

4. axl releases the wrong single as first single. as result, the single flopped badly. it's no 'you could be mine' smash single

5. after record comes out, axl still does no promotion. result, the record falls backward into an abyss off the billboard charts

6. gnr doesn't do the mtv vma

7. gnr doesn't do ama

8. gnr doesn't rock n roll hall of fame concerts

9. gnr doesn't do the grammys

10. axl doesn't greenlight a new interview on tv on mtv with kurt loder

11. axl gives no reason why he let robin walk away

12. still no new gnr music video on mtv or fuse or the internet for the fans to enjoy

13. no gnr live show since 2002 put on official dvd for the fans

this and more is the facts. axl doesn't make change. but axl rapes madison. fights reporters at airports in Los Angeles. LA is the place gnr became the best. gnr didn't become the best in tokyo or korea or even canada. yeah. axl takes lots of pictures. does surprise gigs. but this isn't change. it's not change. i feel like 2010 is no different than 2002. i say that because without any of the things listed above changing, feels like the chinese democracy record still isn't out. i feel like im still waiting for it. that's because axl doesn't change

You realize some of what you posted is borderline insanity?

I'm pretty sure Axl doesn't have control over who plays the grammys, AMA, VMAs etc. Nor can he stop Robin from going back to NIN for their "final" tour. I mean I dunno the story but what - if Robin really wanted to go, you expect Axl to chain him to his mic stand? Besides which, DJ has been rocking.

On top of that, what's up with not the best in Tokyo or Canada? Canadian newspapers were lauding the band, they got great reviews, huge shows in Montreal and Toronto, bringing out Canadian opening acts and guests, everyone I spoke to at those shows had a great time, lots of good will towards the band here... so what's your point? Oh, and they were listed as #2 on Billboard's hot tours thingy and that didn't even count the Toronto gig, or several of the others.

I mean really... short of a hit single this late in the game, CD isn't going roaring up the charts. Do you care? What are sales to you? It moved several million copies worldwide I believe, which in this day and age is nothing to sneeze at, and you're what... waiting for it to go 18X platinum in the US like AFD? Not happening, it's a different world, different market, different lineup, and frankly - I love the CD. I have the songs, I've been lucky enough to see all but two of them played live over the years, I've been to six shows (two this year), and 2010 has been a great way to cap off CD.

So what change really do we need? Let the band tour and do their thing. If you want change, get a job selling depends.

axl owns the gnr name. he's the boss. of course he has control. look what he said to madison. if he wasn't in control, do you think any of the 2 current gnr managers would let him say this kind of thing to a gnr fan? axl has the power. he decides what to do. sebastian bach said 'axl does things his way.' but axl isn't doing it the right way. you know, the corporate suits are right. axl needs to 'man up' about corporate business with the chinese democracy record. doing the 2008/2009 mtv vma would have helped sales a lot. maybe even would have had the record hit #1. but axl didn't pull the trigger. axl didn't call mtv or the grammys or ama or the rock n' roll hall of fame concerts. axl didn't want to do them. that's a lost opportunity for corporate business and the fans. lost opportunities. lost business opportunities. lost fan opportunities. sales is what it is all about. since the illusions hit #1 and made millions. sales is what matters with this record. expectations. fan expectations. based on the illusions. there was a line of people waiting to buy the illusions in 1991. there was no line anywhere for the new record. poor sales. poor fan turn out. no promotion. no promotion from axl. this is supposed to be gnr. the greatest rock band ever. not a band putting out their first record in the biz. gnr became the most dangerous band in Los Angeles. axl rose became rich and famous in LA. he didn't get this way first in canada. come on. you know that. Los Angeles made gnr better than the rolling stones. better than aerosmith. Los Angeles is the place gnr was born. i have the cd too. but i feel i don't have it. because, gnr isn't doing the things it did in the 90's to be the #1 rock band. axl is not doing it. dj ashba is kicking butt on this tour. but doing surprise gigs won't change anything. won't make change. im sad gnr isn't the same dangerous band it was in the 90's. the fans deserve change. the one who has the power to make change is axl. he's not changing

How do you know what he called and didn't call? Owning the name doesn't mean he chooses what awards shows to play. If they ask, if they want the band, if its fits the program... choosing singles also - the label has input.

You say you're sad GN'R isn't the same dangerous band it was in the 90s, but what the hell does that have to do with sales?

Poor fan turnout? I was at a packed Toronto show and I was impressed given they played 4 shows in the province, one 30 minutes away. Tokyo was packed. South America is selling out. Did every little town up here in Canada sell out? No, but GN'R played every gig regardless and gave it their all. I have news for you Metallica didn't sell out every show up here either. Or, if you're talking about people lining up to buy the CD - people don't do that anymore. Have you missed the decline of the music industry in the past 15 years???

So much negativity at such a positive time.

axl owns the gnr name. he's the boss. of course he has control.

You ACTUALLY believe AXL has control over who plays the VMAs, the AMAs, the Grammys, etc? Wow.....

Plus you think Axl could just say 'No Robin, you're staying' and it would just magically happen? Robin left to do NINs final tour, and most people are happy about it, because DJ kicks the shit out of finck

psst... Beta is back online again. lets try not to scare her off again.

I don´t think Beta gets scare off because our posts ... :thumbsup: She is stronger than that ... :lol:

DJ Ashba is an incredible addition to the band. Has that authentic soulful sound when he plays - much better than Fink - glad he is gone and DJ is in....

People don't line up to buy music anymore - there's been this little evolution since then called the internet and MP3s that has killed the need to buy hard albums. And who the F cares about that anyway?!?! The Grammy's lists Green Day as "ROCK" - what a joke that is! Slash makes a fool of himself playing with Jaime Fox, I don't know what's more sad seeing Slash so desperate that he doesn't even know he's become a characteror of his own self and allows himself to be exploited like a fool - or maybe it's him exploiting himself because he's got nothing else going for him. Everyone knows the worst GNR song is better than the best Velvet Revolver song - and there is no velvet revolver anymore.

Watching the Grammy's just exposes how pathetic the state of music is these days.....very little talent anymore....almost no one writes their own material...and everything is just synthesized to hell and these hacks get up there and lip sync flapping their arms up and down like chickens.

And in the midst of all of this....on a Thursday night in NYC...Axl Rose and GNR remind us once again that raw rock still exists...at it's purist form by true artists. I will take that anyday over some overblown awards show

The only negative comments on here are from jealous idiots who didn't have the oppotunity to attend and some KO'd never was Madison who is still trying to figure out which way is up after the beat down