IRS Studios? anyone know?

axlstud

not to sure how to make the link click-able, but does anyone know anything about this? was this a rehearsal or something?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2009/irs-studios-los-angeles-ca-3bd75010.html

so I contacted the guy that posted this setlist, and his reply to me was that his "friend," Baz, was invited to this rehearsal, and Baz wrote down this setlist for him....not that I believe Baz is his friend, but it does sound like a pretty likely rehearsal setlist...all of those songs have been played on this tour so far...with the exception of the obvious

Edited by axlstud

not to sure how to make the link click-able, but does anyone know anything about this? was this a rehearsal or something?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2009/irs-studios-los-angeles-ca-3bd75010.html

Chinese Democracy Play Video

It's So Easy Play Video

Mr. Brownstone Play Video

Sorry Play Video

Catcher in the Rye Play Video

Shotgun Blues Play Video

Live And Let Die (Paul McCartney cover) Play Video

Double Talkin' Jive Play Video

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo Play Video

Better Play Video

I.R.S. Play Video

Rocket Queen Play Video

My Michelle Play Video

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo Play Video

Sweet Child O' Mine Play Video

Don't Cry Play Video

Anything Goes Play Video

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo Play Video

Street Of Dreams Play Video

This I Love Play Video

You're Crazy Play Video

Axl Rose Piano Solo Play Video

November Rain Play Video

Estranged Play Video

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) Play Video

Nightrain Play Video

Encore:

Welcome To The Jungle Play Video

Shackler's Revenge Play Video

There Was A Time Play Video

Frank Ferrer Drum Solo Play Video

We Will Rock You (Queen cover) Play Video

Out Ta Get Me Play Video

Madagascar Play Video

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo Play Video

Prostitute Play Video

Scraped Play Video

Patience Play Video

Paradise City Play Video

That doesn't look legitimate. I wouldn't spend another minute thinking its real.

hmmm... no riad, and all realistic UYI songs that could be played by the new band. no coma, or izzy or duff songs.

thats about all i got for evidence that this was the rehearsed songs at LA. DJ said they practiced about 40 songs, we know they rehearsed in LA.

i bet its some guy who works for GNR, who put this up, that was at the rehearsals. or told a friend the rehearsed songs and the friend put it up.then again who knows?

You don't do an "encore" at a rehearsal.

No, but you plan what songs end the main set, what songs are in the encore, etc.

True but WTTJ hasn't ever featured in the encore and always at the beginning of the set so it doesn't really add up.

Anyway, if true it'd be awesome to hear DTJ at some point :rock1:

Edited by Guest

Seems unlikely to me, I don't think there's particularly a lot of demand to play 'Shotgun blues', 'Double Talkin' Jive' and 'anything goes' especially over something like 'You're crazy' which was actually played at an acoustic show. I think it's nonsense, even the story tries too hard to justify itself. Fairly safe to say this is not true.

Edited by steveysham

They played Estranged in the soundcheck of Brasilia. It's not a secret that they could play it. We just don't know when and if it will happen.

Do we have any evidence of this other than hearsay?

They played Estranged in the soundcheck of Brasilia. It's not a secret that they could play it. We just don't know when and if it will happen.

Do we have any evidence of this other than hearsay?

No, but there was more than one hearsay. And bbf played a snippet in Japan. So, I think the probability is high.

Edited by marlon_brando15

You don't do an "encore" at a rehearsal.

No, but you plan what songs end the main set, what songs are in the encore, etc.

True but WTTJ hasn't ever featured in the encore and always at the beginning of the set so it doesn't really add up.

Anyway, if true it'd be awesome to hear DTJ at some point :rock1:

sometimes during the UYI tour they played WTTJ towards the end of their setlist

Then again IRS studios? sounds like BS. that and the encore with WTTJ.

but the rest songs legit.

IRS studios is real. Rehearsals aren't always done in the order of the actual setlist. I remember the report on VH's reunion rehearsals, the songs were all there, but the order was completely different.