The Petition for GNR to play ESTRANGED live in 2010 is up!

Subtle Signs

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL@#14!

I see we have a prankster for sig #8.

I see we have a prankster for sig #1

Funny,Brosef. I am sure there is a way for me to remove sigs since I started the petition

Oh good...so that means you can your rectify your first entry that implies that "Eric from mygnr" started this petition?

Just watch the Tokyo '92 DVD,

Why? Estranged on the Tokyo DVD is easily one of the worst performances by any GN'R lineup, ever. And in general, the song just can't match up to the studio version when it was played live, there's just too much magic on the studio recording. Don't get me wrong, I'm most definitely curious to see the new band take a stab at it, both to see how it compares to older live versions, and it would really show how great Axl is now. And I would go apeshit if I was at a show and they played it. However, if it were played live, shit would go down on here like it never has before, with people bitching about how it doesn't compare to the original. I'm talking bitching of biblical proportions.

eh? I love that performance.

NOW My signature was aproved.

What? Approved? By who? I started the petition and I didn't approve any sigs. I think it just lets you sign automatically. I don't even know how to delete comments on there. I don't think I would other than the ones that say fuck Axl,etc.

Well, mine was supposed to be number 9.

I went back to check cause you said "Lol at 14" wanted to see why, and mine wasn't number nine. Or any other number for that matter. Signed again, then it came out number 22.

Maybe they had some problems over there, I don't know :shrugs:

LOL@#14!

I see we have a prankster for sig #8.

I see we have a prankster for sig #1

Funny,Brosef. I am sure there is a way for me to remove sigs since I started the petition

Oh good...so that means you can your rectify your first entry that implies that "Eric from mygnr" started this petition?

I meant the ones that say F-Axl. I love Slash,etc.

I meant the one that makes it look like "Eric form mygnr" started this.

There's only one guitarist on the planet that can perform such a song, and that's Slash :thumbsup:

Estranged ain't ever gonna happen ;)

As far as I know Slash never wanted to play that song, and there even had to be a body double in the music video.

Besides, Slash is not a big fan of wah-wah. Estranged is a pretty simple song and DJ can do wah no problem.

Bring it on.

There's so many things wrong with this post, I'm not going to even begin going into detail

but I will say Estranged is easily the hardest songs ever to put on live out of GNR's catalog, there's many key changes and precise instrumental timings and intimate emotions that have to be reached in order for that song to be pulled off... & it's freakin long. Slash said so himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IkD8DOyOj4

And that is why it will NOT be played live. Unfortunately