When Can We Expect New Songs Live?

fakesmile

When do you guys think Gn'R will start playing songs from the Chinese Democracy follow-up album? Back in 2001 they gave us a preview of Rihad & The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues. Will the US leg of this current tour be the time to give us a preview of new tracks? What do you guys think?

:)

When do you guys think Gn'R will start playing songs from the Chinese Democracy follow-up album? Back in 2001 they gave us a preview of Rihad & The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues. Will the US leg of this current tour be the time to give us a preview of new tracks? What do you guys think?

doubt it

Doubt it. Playing a new song on this tour just wouldn't be a good move I don't think. There's a few reasons I can think of. Firstly, if they did play a new song this place would go into a hissy fit about Chinese Democracy II, and it's not a fair representation of the song.

Take Prostitute or Catcher, both good songs in my view, but weren't particularly good at all the first times they were played live (at least as far as memory serves).

If they wanted to spice up this tour, they've got There Was A Time, Catcher, Scraped, Riad and Prostitute to use. Not to even mention the long list of Illusion songs that ain't been played. I just don't think it'd make any sense to do it. We only hear Better and IRS last time because they were leaked.

Best move for the band if they wanted to put out a new song on a whim would be to either release it as a single or put it up as a free download, proper studio version.

Doubt it. Playing a new song on this tour just wouldn't be a good move I don't think. There's a few reasons I can think of. Firstly, if they did play a new song this place would go into a hissy fit about Chinese Democracy II, and it's not a fair representation of the song.

Take Prostitute or Catcher, both good songs in my view, but weren't particularly good at all the first times they were played live (at least as far as memory serves).

If they wanted to spice up this tour, they've got There Was A Time, Catcher, Scraped, Riad and Prostitute to use. Not to even mention the long list of Illusion songs that ain't been played. I just don't think it'd make any sense to do it. We only hear Better and IRS last time because they were leaked.

Best move for the band if they wanted to put out a new song on a whim would be to either release it as a single or put it up as a free download, proper studio version.

This.

They need to write songs as a bad, they cant play songs from the BH/Finck era of the band they will still just be cover songs.

They need to all go into the studio and pen new songs they all wrote together.

The other Cd songs should just be released as a box set or something

Catcher has been great live. I don't know what you're smoking.

/thread

/thread

Wise words.

R.

They need to write songs as a bad, they cant play songs from the BH/Finck era of the band they will still just be cover songs.

They need to all go into the studio and pen new songs they all wrote together.

The other Cd songs should just be released as a box set or something

The outside world sees this band as being Axl. It really doesn't matter if they record new songs together or release previously recorded stuff. They just need to put out more good tunes and actually promote them.

Catcher has been great live. I don't know what you're smoking.

What YOU are smoking ??

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Next tour will take place in 2014. Expect two or three new songs that tour.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

i hope he doesnt play anything new till CDII drops.

but i do want to hear that reworked silkworms. im not sure how they can make that any more awesome but i have faith.

fingers crossed bucket solo.

I know you love the bucket but I seriously hope for the future of this band that the people in it now are the ones who make the next record. Just my thoughts, DJ will bring alot to the table I believe

i hope he doesnt play anything new till CDII drops.

but i do want to hear that reworked silkworms. im not sure how they can make that any more awesome but i have faith.

fingers crossed bucket solo.

I know you love the bucket but I seriously hope for the future of this band that the people in it now are the ones who make the next record. Just my thoughts, DJ will bring alot to the table I believe

Unless it's released as a bonus track, then I agree.