How realistic is the possibility of a new album this year?

gavgnr

So there's clearly some rumours floating amongst the gnr forums about the possibility of a new gnr album this year.

May I suggest we begin to get some serious discussion about the realistic possibility of this happening, and hopefully invite some real answers from certain members who occasionally frequent this board to shed some light on this.

Edited by gavgnr

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop this now!

I understand what you mean, and that's why I began this thread.

We need a definite yes or no to this question to end the speculation if necessary....and this thread will hopefully invite such an answer

Edited by gavgnr

I am of the opinion that there probably is an album virtually completed and ready to go, however I think there is also a lot of red tape and legal issues when it comes to Guns releasing material and finding the best ways of making it profitable. I mean when 12million plus has been sunk into a record you dont just release it like any other album.So to answer your question not anytime soon

People want it to happen.

But many of us, who remember the long wait and how stuff looked. Know better than to raise false hopes.

There are lots of new albums coming out this year. But none of them will be by Axls new band.

seriously.

Axl made it his business to strangle the idea of there being a lot of music ready to go. He spesifically said there isn't as much material as a certain someone thinks there is(reference to Baz and 3 albums worth of material)

People just want to ignore this and everything else. Because they are so eager to hear what Axl n co have recorded.

Im not here trying to say that im not interested in hearing what there is. I'm just here to.. be a little reasonable.

After the touring has died down, give the current lineup a good 8 months go at it and we will have a new album in the horizon.

So an optimistic two years for a new album is what I'm saying.

2012 spring at the earliest.

all we need is just a little patience.(AGAIN! :D )

tha band will tour CD for now, there won't be a new record this year

they don't come out and say "there won't be another album this year" probably because that would generate negativity instead of the positive thing that is that they are out and touring this album

I have a theory which at this moment points that the next record will be released after another south american tour, that's just me

I don't see it happening. People taking the word of some poster on here called Kush, who started posting this stuff the minute he joined a few weeks ago is pretty laughable to me. I think the dude's been smoking too much Kush & dreamed the whole thing up, lol. But, that's just me.....

Where the hell did these rumors originate? Here on this board?

I can't remember any bandmember or officials saying anything about a new release this year?

Don't get me wrong, i would love for it to happen, but these rumors seem to be sourceless and hollow.

they don't come out and say "there won't be another album this year" probably because that would generate negativity instead of the positive thing that is that they are out and touring this album

Disclaimer: I don't have any inside information.

But maybe they don't come out and say "there won't be another album this year" because that is exactly what they are trying to do - put out Part Deux this November.

What do you think they hired Doc for?

So there's clearly some rumours floating amongst the gnr forums about the possibility of a new gnr album this year.

May I suggest we begin to get some serious discussion about the realistic possibility of this happening, and hopefully invite some real answers from certain members who occasionally frequent this board to shed some light on this.

The boards have whipped themselves into a frenzy and are clearly deluding themselves. There isn't shit coming this year.