Slipknot bassist found dead at Urbandale hotel

Black Sabbath

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100524/NEWS/100524023/-1/SHAWN_JOHNSON/Police-Slipknot-bassist-found-dead-at-Urbandale-hotel

Urbandale police are investigating the death of Slipknot's bass guitarist at a local hotel.

Paul Dedrick Gray, 38, of Johnston was found dead at approximately 10:50 a.m. today by an employee at TownePlace Suites, 8800 Northpark Drive, police said.

There was no evidence of foul play, police said, but the investigation is ongoing.

An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Toxicology tests will be done.

---

I'm not a fan of Slipknot, but this is a real shame... So many keep dying off. :(

Death always seems to happen in 3's. Peter Steele, Dio, and now Paul Gray. Damn.

The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold too. This fucking sucks. RIP :( He and his wife are apparently expecting their first child as well.

Edited by Conor

FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK!?!

Are you shitting me? this has to be a joke...... WHAT THE FUCK!?

Ive been a slipknot fan for years, and they aren't doing anything right now, so i haven't listed to them a lot recently, but fuck man....... FUCK.

well, at least i can say i got to see them before the band was over.....

Death always seems to happen in 3's. Peter Steele, Dio, and now Paul Gray. Damn.

The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold too. This fucking sucks. RIP :( He and his wife are apparently expecting their first child as well.

I didn't count the Rev because it was in 2009. But yeah, this really blows that all these metal guys are dropping like flies.

Was this guy an an important member of the band? Surely they can throw a mask on some other fella who can play the bass.

It's not about that... they've never had a line-up change since Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat and they were very close on a personal level, it's not like GNR where it's always managed to bounce back after personnel issues, it's one of the nine down if you know what I mean. It's really very sad.

Yeah Slipknot in this form had been together for 14 years and they were always very close on side projects and alike. I wonder if this will be the end of the road for them as they are on hiatus at the moment with Joey doing new Murderdolls stuff and Corey doing more Stone Sour