Now I know first-hand why Axl hates the media

The Catcher

So, I met Axl outside of my hotel after the Oslo show (big moment) and the thing was caught on film by somebody and found its way to some tabloid rag and it was brought to my attention that the video was put on their web page. I called the rag and told them I was in the video they had put online, and they used the oppertunity to ask about my meeting with Axl and that they'd like to do a small article about it. I immidiately was sceptical because I know how the media treats Axl but I thought "I'm sure Axl won't mind some fan talking nice things about him in the media and getting him some positive media attention for a change. So I told them how we met and how cool Axl was, and guess what the guy asked me? "So, I know a lot of people think that Axl is washed-up, what's your thoughts on that?". When I told him I thought the show was great and that Axl was in better form than ever he moved on to the next question. "So you met him at 3 in the morning, was he sober? I guess he came from a bar or something?" I was like WTF, no, he was real cool and sober too. Then the guy was like "Ok, so you don't have the impression that he is washed-up?". I said no. Alright, the guy told me, "can you email me some pictures?". I said yeah but I know how the media treats Axl Rose, I don't want to be associated with that. The guy was like "haha, ok, talk to you later." Didn't hear anything more from them and they didn't print the storyt (thank god). Can you believe this shit?? Now I know exactly what Axl has been putting up with all these years! It's so sickening that I'm beyond words. If it's about Axl and it's not negative, it's clearly not worth printing. Biased fucks! FUCK THE MEDIA!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

They expect him to be that total trainwreck.

When he is not, they don't talk about it, they don't care because it does not sell. "Omg Axl Rose being normal, who the fuck cares, right ?"

If there's a reunion, he will immediately be "the Axl Rose we used to know", he will immediately get his vocal ability back, new material will automatically be the best thing ever, and Chinese Democracy probably will be "a cool solo album after all"...

I can see why he doesn't want anything to do with them too. Unfortunately, it does not do wonders for his new band.

So, I met Axl outside of my hotel after the Oslo show (big moment) and the thing was caught on film by somebody and found its way to some tabloid rag and it was brought to my attention that the video was put on their web page. I called the rag and told them I was in the video they had put online, and they used the oppertunity to ask about my meeting with Axl and that they'd like to do a small article about it. I immidiately was sceptical because I know how the media treats Axl but I thought "I'm sure Axl won't mind some fan talking nice things about him in the media and getting him some positive media attention for a change. So I told them how we met and how cool Axl was, and guess what the guy asked me? "So, I know a lot of people think that Axl is washed-up, what's your thoughts on that?". When I told him I thought the show was great and that Axl was in better form than ever he moved on to the next question. "So you met him at 3 in the morning, was he sober? I guess he came from a bar or something?" I was like WTF, no, he was real cool and sober too. Then the guy was like "Ok, so you don't have the impression that he is washed-up?". I said no. Alright, the guy told me, "can you email me some pictures?". I said yeah but I know how the media treats Axl Rose, I don't want to be associated with that. The guy was like "haha, ok, talk to you later." Didn't hear anything more from them and they didn't print the storyt (thank god). Can you believe this shit?? Now I know exactly what Axl has been putting up with all these years! It's so sickening that I'm beyond words. If it's about Axl and it's not negative, it's clearly not worth printing. Biased fucks! FUCK THE MEDIA!

they didnt print the story because it wasnt entertaining enough for the average music fan.

hearing that Axl Rose can still sing like the 90s, play the hits, and songs from his new album isnt entertaining.

they'd rather hear he is fat, drunk, cant sing etc.

the truth isnt entertaining enough so they didnt print it.

Yeah. Sure it can be fun to have your face in the media for a change but not at any cost. The words "Ask yourself why I should choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame" came to mind. One of the things I've always admired the most about Axl is his integrity, so I'll never sell my soul and talk shit about him just to have my face in some tabloid rag. Fuck that.

Umm .. I don't mean this as a diss (and it's not necessarily a precise representation of how I feel) but what did he say that you felt was so wrong? I think it's fair to say that the general public does consider Axl "washed up". He was once the frontman of one of the biggest rock bands of all time - who released some of the best rock albums that were ever written. Since that time, he's lost every single original member, now employees a group of guys who most never heard of, and he's been touring behind the SAME ALBUM for the past decade - an album that most would have missed had they blinked.

As far as the drunk questions: Axl has looked pretty blitzed in many of the pics that have been posted from this current tour. So, I ask you again ... what exactly was unfair about this journalist's questions?

Umm .. I don't mean this as a diss (and it's not necessarily a precise representation of how I feel) but what did he say that you felt was so wrong? I think it's fair to say that the general public does consider Axl "washed up". He was once the frontman of one of the biggest rock bands of all time - who released some of the best rock albums that were ever written. Since that time, he's lost every single original member, now employees a group of guys who most never heard of, and he's been touring behind the SAME ALBUM for the past decade - an album that most would have missed had they blinked.

As far as the drunk questions: Axl has looked pretty blitzed in many of the pics that have been posted from this current tour. So, I ask you again ... what exactly was unfair about this journalist's questions?

Yeah but then how do you explain that Axl gets that treatment while Slash does not ?

I mean Slash still is a rock icon but what did he do since the demise of GnR ?

Snakepit failed, Contraband sold more or less the same amount of copies as Chinese, Libertad was an uber turd and bombed ( even though it was a "supergroup" ), VR hasn't been able to find itself a leader for the last two years, and his solo album isn't exactly memorable either, none of the songs he wrote outside of classic GnR will be reminded, exactly like Axl's.

Axl still tours the world and manages to sometime sell out venues with capacities of 15 000 people. Slash does not.

Yet, he does not receive this kind of treatment, ever.

See how this is somewhat unfair ?

I doubt this has to do only with the Chinese Democracy debacle...One is clearly more popular than the other no matter what he does.

Yeah but then how do you explain that Axl gets that treatment while Slash does not ?

Snakepit failed, Contraband sold more or less the same amount of copies as Chinese, Libertad was an uber turd and bombed ( even though it was a "supergroup" ), VR hasn't been able to find itself a leader for the last two years, and his solo album isn't exactly memorable either, none of the songs he wrote outside of classic GnR will be reminded, exactly like Axl's.

Axl still tours the world and manages to sometime sell out venues with capacities of 15 000 people. Slash does not.

I doubt this has to do only with the Chinese Democracy debacle...One is clearly more popular than the other no matter what he does.

Such is life. It's not always fair. But it's not the media's fault that Axl comes across as dick. Look at some of the stuff he said during the internet chats. It was like a 13 year old throwing a tantrum.

I have never met a "journalist" who wasn't depending on his editor or someone else above - and even these guys depend on those who book ads. So they just print what they have to print as truth usually is a lot less exciting than the bullshit they have to come up with to make a living. Signing an autograph here and having your picture taken sure is a lot less annoying than talking to journalists, answering the same question 300 times a day just see it being twisted out of context over and over. Axl keeping it real and being approchable that seems to work for him so let's just hope he keeps that going.

They should have talked about Slash. That's what winners do.

TRY 21,000 in Toronto Canada lol.

Yeah and bottom line...Slash tells people exactly what they want to hear and looks for attention, Axl doesn't. Another reason why the media will take slashs side over Axl.

And thats 13 year old analogy is innacurate...sorry buit maybe I'm alone on this, but when I was 13, I didn't call people I didn't like a cunt. Axl had a lot of built up aggression over the years that he never spoke out on publicly and it spilled out thas all

Edited by AxlRose14

That, and the fact that the media wasn't too kind to him before the original line-up split anyways, whenever the hell exactly that was..91 when izzy left? 96 when slash left?

Anyways, point being now the media will be more negative. Negative gossip always creates more news, case and point perez hilton. That homo just has a blog to bitch and moan about celebs just for the sake of getting attention. He's actually worse to a lot more celebrities than axl. But point being, his blog gets so many visits just because, people need to bitch about something so if they're bored, why not celebrities?

Plus the media won't get off the bullshit reunion rumors. Clearly if he was interested in it, he would have done it by now. Axl Rose could give a hot fuck at the moment, which is fine. The band now kicks ass. In the immortal words of Tupac Shakur "I'd love to go back to when we were kids, but things change, and hey that's the way it is".

Edited by AxlRose14

TRY 21,000 in Toronto Canada lol.

Yeah and bottom line...Slash tells people exactly what they want to hear and looks for attention, Axl doesn't. Another reason why the media will take slashs side over Axl.

And thats 13 year old analogy is innacurate...sorry buit maybe I'm alone on this, but when I was 13, I didn't call people I didn't like a cunt. Axl had a lot of built up aggression over the years that he never spoke out on publicly and it spilled out thas all

No matter the age I attached to it, it was immature. Whose fault is it that he had this pent up rage? Slash's? The media? Axl is the only one to blame for Axl not speaking out before his childish rant.

I have to say, tabloids are always negative because they're always looking for a controversy or something "shocking" that will push copies - even if it's not true. You don't think Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie get sick of the constant "BREAK-UP!" headlines? Yet they still do interviews with respectable magazines like Rolling Stone and don't get the same shit. RS has stood by Axl for years and even sided with him when he attacked Slash on the forums. I don't see the logical jump from a local shitty tabloid to major publications that would be more than happy to deliver people a unique and honest perspective. (And trust me, for a mag like RS, it'd be much more of an advantage for them to do a huge interview with Axl and reveal that he is different from the public's perception rather than just give the same lazy he's-an-asshole cop-out.)

Edited by Estranged Reality

That's not even that bad. You've never seen the media swarm when a major event happens, and it becomes a small army of satellite dishes, vans, and reporters. When it's a tragedy, they're more ghoulish than a Rob Zombie movie.

Ask a celeb what their favorite scene in "Godfather" is, and it's usually when James Caan comes out and breaks the camera, then throws money on the ground.

I can tell you living in SoCal and NY over the years it was like every other week, depending on who it was, and if I happened to be in the area. Sometimes you'd see a reporter getting coffee at the local Starbucks or gas station and just start screwing with them... "oh wow, I am such a huuuuuge fan!". I actually like the consumer reporters because they usually go after corrupt business owners, but female reporters veer towards the very arrogant, and such a$$ kissers if you're semi-famous. Very few nice ones...

Axl seems very tolerant of the media and just keeps the shades on and says as little as possible. Something like Fashion Week is par for the course to behave himself. Most of the time.

If Sean Penn can still be provoked into kicking ass, Axl still has the fire in him when he gets pissed off.

I have gotten a few emails from various places asking about Axl or the band, I always reply the same way "FUCK OFF!" I would never discuss anything to do with anything about guns with anyone in the media or any kind

I have gotten a few emails from various places asking about Axl or the band, I always reply the same way "FUCK OFF!" I would never discuss anything to do with anything about guns with anyone in the media or any kind

Oh my God.

I guess this philosphy of yours started sometime this year? Oh, I don't know, maybe right around the time you were bought out with the Canada party passes? A few years back, I recall you photoshopping and posting fake documents on the open forum, threatening to leak unreleased material, and claimed bogus release dates on several occassions.

And for the record, I don't believe ANY legitimate publication EVER contacted YOU for information on Axl or his band. Keep up the act though. It's funny.

Edited by Mad Hatter

Oh my God.

I guess this philosphy of yours started sometime this year? Oh, I don't know, maybe right around the time you were bought out with the Canada party passes? A few years back, I recall you photoshopping and posting fake documents on the open forum, threatening to leak unreleased material, and claimed bogus release dates on several occassions.

And for the record, I don't believe ANY legitimate publication EVER contacted YOU for information on Axl or his band. Keep up the act though. It's funny.

cupcake much?

Two posts, one with the purpose of dissing Axl and one dissing a fan. Go outside and play.