Best Live Version of TIL

ProFeta

Was the first show in Taiwan the only one where TIL was played in a lower key? It was a half-step lower than the album version, but all the other versions I've heard were all the original key.

Was the first show in Taiwan the only one where TIL was played in a lower key? It was a half-step lower than the album version, but all the other versions I've heard were all the original key.

It was actually a full step lower than the album version.

We all know that this song in particular is very hard to perform specially because Axl's voice..

So in your opinion whats the best live version?? which show??

Peace \/

London, Canada... can't believe there isn't a video of it !!! =/

I attended both that show and Montreal and watched every bootleg from the shows before that and some after these shows... that one just completely fucking blew me away! more so than Montreal

Guest gunns5

Until Robin Finck shows up on stage, its always going to be classed as a cover song.

As with GNR/Slash songs, this will always be a GNR/Robin song all because of the guitar work.

you could say that about every song on chinese democracy, whats your point?

Until Robin Finck shows up on stage, its always going to be classed as a cover song.

By you and your pals...

I somehow don't believe most people who actually attend the shows care that much, let alone pay 100 bucks for what they consider to be a "cover band".

As with GNR/Slash songs, this will always be a GNR/Robin song all because of the guitar work.

you could say that about every song on chinese democracy, whats your point?

His point is probably that Fake GNR is just one big coverband. In a year, I'll bet the lineup will be differet too.

By you and your pals...

I somehow don't believe most people who actually attend the shows care that much, let alone pay 100 bucks for what they consider to be a "cover band".

Even if Finck plays the solo on the record, it's still Axl who is the songwriter. THIS is a song that belongs to the band and should not be considered as a cover song long as Axl is in the band. If someone wants to bash the band for being a cover band pick another song.

All you all daft?! Toronto is vastly better than ALL the versions posted so far here, especially the Russian ones where he sounds good but slightly strained and coarse. In Toronto he sings cleanly and with perfect control, much more like on the record. And what's more it's a superb bootleg and not shitty youtube clips.