If an unheard new GN'R track leaked...

GNR 1991

If a new GN'R song was available to listen too I would probably download it because I wouldn't know if that new song would be released officially anytime soon. I would prefer it if the band played a new song live and gave their fans a free single to download before a new album was released.

I would love to think that I could manage myself to not listen to it..

and I did think I would until the forum crashed two days ago (or yesterday?) and I got really excited because I thought the reason for it to crash was a new song and heavy traffic =/

so I think I'd definitely download it, try not to listen to it for some days and eventually give in

I thought the exact same thing. I was pretty pumped.

same here B)

i'd download it but wouldn't listen, keep it as a fail safe in case it was made clear that no more nugnr stuff would be released- which given the titanic legal struggles seems possible, if unlikely!

that way you get the new car smell if its possible or a glimmer of what could have been if it aint :thumbsup:

Why the hell would anyone download it? Did you not learn your lesson last time? When I got CD, half the fucking album was anti-climatic. I want that "new car smell" to be there this time.

Is it worth waiting a decade for the new car smell?

Why the hell would anyone download it? Did you not learn your lesson last time? When I got CD, half the fucking album was anti-climatic. I want that "new car smell" to be there this time.

Is it worth waiting a decade for the new car smell?

Well, if it took 10 years, those 10 years are gonna come and go no matter what. Atleast at the end of those 10 years, I'll have something new, exciting and fresh to listen to for the first time like a kid on Christmas morning. You won't have that.

Edited by Nintari

I'm always 50/50 on this. Only with GNR though, the reason being because if something leaks you dont know how long (if ever) it will take to get an actual release. And once something does leak you have to be quick to get it..or else you end up having to PM somebody who has it and hope that they give you a link.

Now if we have a release date, and the albums are at the store just waiting to be brought out the the shelves and a song or the whole album leaks, then I will just wait and buy the album.

But back in the early 2000s when little leaks here and there were popping up...of course I would download them. Hell at that time we didnt even know if CD would be released.

I would download it, and regret it after wards. I just wouldn't be able to resist. I want to pretend like I wouldn't, but there's no way I couldn't. Unless the album is coming very soon, then I could probably hold off.

And i would be kicking myself because CD was ruined for me because of the leaks. I could never get the whole album experience from it.

I got my whole album experience from three songs: The 2006 leaks of Better, IRS, and There Was A Time. Those 3 songs alone were the soundtrack to my tour in Iraq. They had a very powerful effect on me. I don't listen to them really anymore because of that. A lot of memories are attached to those songs, so I only listen to them if I want to go back and feel that time.

Hell yeah I would download it! Any new song from GN'R is good for me, even a leak. I hope eventually they play a new song at a concert. To hear a brand new song by GN'R would be awesome.

I just hope we get a new album later this year or next year so we don't have to wait much longer for another album. CD is great, but one album in 15 years isn't enough.