myles kennedy sucks

gunnerjames

i have curiously been checking out some songs on the slash tour ( sorry if i'm in the wrong section) but icould not take it any more. every gnr song he tries to sing is like the sound of cat in heat. why slash would allow anyone to sing gnr songs is a capital crime.

only axl rose can sing gnr songs. also axl rose is the only singer that can sing anyone else's songs and better then the original. While it is true slash and axl made an incredible team, ie: collaboration of "estranged" it is time everyone moved on, for good. walk quietly but carry a big stick, too bad it is just a twig, sorry slash, myles kennedy is a big letdown, u fall short again.take the thorn out of axls paw, you will both be better off, although you both give as good as it gets you will never be a team again.

Myles Kennedy is great. You're a moron. Haha, Myles Kennedy is good enough for Led Zeppelin (he was offered the job of going on tour with them in place of Robert Plant) but he's not good enough for gunnerjames...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way would i say he sucks. He has a great voice, and great range...from the little I have seen of him.

I just don't think his tone and style of singing suits the GNR songs at all really. Sooooooooo maybe would say his voice sucks for GNR tunes, but he certainly is a good singer.

i have curiously been checking out some songs on the slash tour ( sorry if i'm in the wrong section) but icould not take it any more. every gnr song he tries to sing is like the sound of cat in heat. why slash would allow anyone to sing gnr songs is a capital crime.

only axl rose can sing gnr songs. also axl rose is the only singer that can sing anyone else's songs and better then the original. While it is true slash and axl made an incredible team, ie: collaboration of "estranged" it is time everyone moved on, for good. walk quietly but carry a big stick, too bad it is just a twig, sorry slash, myles kennedy is a big letdown, u fall short again.take the thorn out of axls paw, you will both be better off, although you both give as good as it gets you will never be a team again.

Myles Kennedy is great. You're a moron. Haha, Myles Kennedy is good enough for Led Zeppelin (he was offered the job of going on tour with them in place of Robert Plant) but he's not good enough for gunnerjames...

I guess he better go jump in front of a bus then :rofl-lol:

Robert Plant singing Nightrain would suck just as much as Myles does.

We should be happy for Slash because after being in the wilderness for a while (metaphorically) Slash has finally found a singer with whom he gets along with, wrote some good songs with, and can sing the shit out of a whole variety of different styles of music.

I could personally care less that he doesn't sound exactly like Axl, because no one does. He does however have more range than anyone Slash has worked with since Axl, and Slash does well with big voiced singers. The vocal Myles put down on Starlight is amazing, and Back from Cali he gives it that real bluesy kind of vibe that fits Slash's guitar tone perfectly. That is why Myles excites me, becuse they can make a truly killer album together. The fact he is talented enough to make the GNR songs enjoyable to listen to (while not carbon copies) is just gravy.

Just go read the youtube comment sections and newspaper reviews of the shows they're playing, the pairing has been a homerun so far. Myles has gotten Slash to step his game up, as he has not played this well since the Illusions, and there has not been this much positive buzz around Slash in a while. They are playing a killer set every night, and Slash just seems generally happier than we have probably ever seen him.

For Slash's sake I hope he can steal him away from Alter Bridge some how because while I liked VR with Scott, Myles is the first guy Slash has worked with since Axl I am genuinely excited about as far as the music they could potentially make because he has an iron lung and huge range, and it is so hard to find in rock singers now a days.

SUBCONSCIOUS FUCKIN' JEALOUSY

Nothing wrong with Myles Kennedy.. great singer, and he does the best GnR vocal covers I've ever heard.

Of course it's weird at first, because Axl has a very distinctive voice, but Myles sounds pretty good on songs like SCOM, Civil War and Rocket Queen.

not sure how this related to Guns N Roses news and discussion? This guy isn't in the band, never has been in the band, and is only loosely associated with a guy who quit 15 years ago. The cupcakes persist on keeping these topics going in the main section to disrupt this site, and its bullshit.

SUBCONSCIOUS FUCKIN' JEALOUSY

wha?

Seriously. Just because he got asked to join a completely unrelated band doesn't mean he's good at singing GNR songs.

Edited by bacardimayne

No, Page, JPJ and Bonzo Jr. were trying to start a new supergroup with some singer. They weren't gonna call it Led Zeppelin, but the media changed that.

He reminds me a bit of Jeff Buckley. Even looks a bit like him.

I think he actually does the GnR stuff much better than he does the VR stuff. Haven't heard him do a good rendition of Slither yet.

I do agree that he lacks a bit as a frontman. I like lead singers who have a 'love me or fuck off' attitude on stage. Myles kinda begs for the crowds love.

Edited by Dead Flower

Myles is great.

REALLY want him to front VR.

As other say, his SCOM, Rocket Queen and PC are awesome, Nightrain not so much and Civil War not at all.

I'd love to hear him do November rain, I think he'd be awesome on it. But that wouldnt go down well with Axl's side and Im only for keeping the peace.

Guest RonMexico82

It is easier for Axl to find a guitarist to play a GNR song well (DJ, Fortis, Ron) than it is for Slash to find a singer to do likewise.

I'd love to hear him do November rain, I think he'd be awesome on it. But that wouldnt go down well with Axl's side and Im only for keeping the peace.

To play November Rain they'd have to drag a piano around on tour just for that song. Very impractical.

I'd be interested in a pianoless Slyles November Rain though. Slash on the acoustic for the first half of the song and then switching to the Les Paul for the final solo.

I saw Slash a few days ago, and I was stuned... I thought that Myles will kill all GNR songs, but he dind't do that... Rocket Queen, Paradise City, Civil War and even Sweet Child were just great. In Nightrain he really sounded bad. But in the Velvet, Slash and Snakepit's ones, he really did a good job, altought he had exagerated in some parts... btw, he did his job.

Well, when I saw Slash at the Download Festival he was completely f***ing awsome!

This. I had been concerned by some youtube videos about him hitting the highest notes in GNR songs because it sounded a little weak but live that does not come across at all. Everyone seemed a little shocked how good he was.

I disagreed but I heard many people say the phrase 'even better than Axl' around me.

Come on.. Of course no one can ever sounds like Axl on gnr songs, and he's indeed the only one who's singing them the way we all love it.. But that doesn't men others can't sing them well. Myles is doing a great job.. People need to stop compare him to Axl, they're two different human beings. Whatever.. I don't wanna say more before I've actually seen Myles with Slash. Roll on July...

also axl rose is the only singer that can sing anyone else's songs and better then the original.

Are you serious? :lol: I'm with you that Axl is very good when it comes to covering, but he's not the only great singer out there.