Baz is full of shit.

Angelo666

"There's this one song called ‘Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean, I cannot get it out of my head."

"One of my favorite songs is this song called 'The General', which is so... it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals."

So the only adjectives in Baz's vocabulary must be SLOW and GRINDING cause that's the only words he seems to be able to use. We've all heard SORRY by now......was it as FUCKING MEAN as Baz said it was? I don't think so....

So what about the GENERAL? Is it really a follow up to the single greatest GNR song that ever was, ESTRANGED?

(if you don't think Estranged is the best GNR song that ever was, I WILL fight you....and I WILL bite out your larynx cause truth is on my side.....in other words.....FUCK YOU if you can't handle Estranged.....you do not exist.)

Anyway....back to the topic at hand........we got Sorry and it was NOT "fucking mean".......it was slightly agitated at best. Do you think we'll ever get The General??? And if so...will it be "heavy" or just some pussy shit....cause who can really trust Baz at this point anyway???

"There's this one song called ‘Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean, I cannot get it out of my head."

"One of my favorite songs is this song called 'The General', which is so... it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals."

So the only adjectives in Baz's vocabulary must be SLOW and GRINDING cause that's the only words he seems to be able to use. We've all heard SORRY by now......was it as FUCKING MEAN as Baz said it was? I don't think so....

So what about the GENERAL? Is it really a follow up to the single greatest GNR song that ever was, ESTRANGED?

(if you don't think Estranged is the best GNR song that ever was, I WILL fight you....and I WILL bite out your larynx cause truth is on my side.....in other words.....FUCK YOU if you can't handle Estranged.....you do not exist.)

Anyway....back to the topic at hand........we got Sorry and it was NOT "fucking mean".......it was slightly agitated at best. Do you think we'll ever get The General??? And if so...will it be "heavy" or just some pussy shit....cause who can really trust Baz at this point anyway???

Mean is an opinion. He calls ''the beat'' mean.

Get over it.

hey mendosa,

fuck yourself.

no....for real.....fuck yourself!!

if you don't have have shit to add to a REAL THREAD that is discussing Axl's music and vision, then do us all a favor and play with your little baby penis alone quietly in the corner while the grown-ups discuss REAL things.....like what songs we may or may not hear in the future.

In the meantime, I'll be right here if you need anything....especially if you need special care of your momma's big old flabby tit. I think we can handle that! :)

hey mendosa,

fuck yourself.

no....for real.....fuck yourself!!

if you don't have have shit to add to a REAL THREAD that is discussing Axl's music and vision, then do us all a favor and play with your little baby penis alone quietly in the corner while the grown-ups discuss REAL things.....like what songs we may or may not hear in the future.

In the meantime, I'll be right here if you need anything....especially if you need special care of your momma's big old flabby tit. I think we can handle that! :)

frustrated much? i thought we learned not to believe anyone when it comes to gn'r

"There's this one song called 'Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean, I cannot get it out of my head."

i disagree sorry is a doom metal song to me it hardcore

"There's this one song called Sorry' that's almost like doom metal with Axl singing really clean over this grinding, slow beat that is fucking mean, I cannot get it out of my head."

He knows and heard more than anybody on this board.

He stated his opinion of Sorry and The General. I agree with him on Sorry, Axl sings clean over a slow mean beat.

Will we get the General? I dont know, but the person who is "full of shit" has already heard it!

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

He was right on about Sorry. Anyway you look at it, that's a pretty good description of the song.

Although I don't know about The General. We have 16 seconds of this song, and it's not quite fitting his description, at least from what I would assume is the chorus.

Definitely not straight-up Doom Metal, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLkL8DTHeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSe42_jzNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0t_RjO_0qY&feature=related

I had this argument with someone before who tried to argue that "Sorry" was a doom metal song, and it really isn't. It's slower and heavier compared to most Guns songs, but doesn't have all that much in common with the above bands.

I warn you though, I pull hair...

Who knows what Baz has heard. He's been friends for Axl for a long time, and he's likely to have heard very different versions of the same songs. He might not be describing what we've actually heard.

That must be the explanation, or he was so excited that he overhyped the song, because while sort of correct, his details on Sorry really doesn't compare too well to the song.