Studio band, distinct from the tour band?

ManetsBR

Some GNR members, including Axl himself, confirmed that both Brian and Paul still work with Guns N' Roses. When Finck left, Axl said he was still part of the "GNR Family", he probably meant that he would still work with them.

The fact is that Fortus entered the band in 2002, and I thought CD would be full of him, but it isn't, instead we have a lot of Paul Tobias, who "left" in 2001.

In 2009 I asked Brian who would tour with the band on the upcoming tour, he said he hoped it's him, but he didn't know yet. Then I asked him again and he said "I'll be there playing the new songs and Frank will play the old songs".

I created this thread because I read this week at a forum some 90's magazine article where it said that Dizzy Reed was hanging out with a GNR Studio Drummer. I can't find it, but I know that I've never heard of that guy before.

What do you guys think? Is there a studio band, where Paul and Brian still work, and a tour band?

Axl said that Paul was kinda afraid of doing World tours, right? Well, he never said he was out did he? Same with Brian...

yeah....Sucks for Brain...

Frank has been doing a great job on this tour, I have no complaints at all...but Brain is and probably always will be my favourite drummer of all time.

As regards the OP, that probably has to do with the nature of Chinese Democracy, don't you think ?

Long delayed album written and recorded by the complete reinvention of what was once a very successful band under the direction of a ridiculously TOO perfectionist frontman ?

I don't think it was Axl's original plan to later replace Finck, Bucket, Tobias and Brain.

The current lineup, as good as it is, is but the direct aftermath of the other guys leaving.

If you like, the 2001-2002 lineup was Axl's primary vision. The current lineup is a consequence more than a choice ( even though Axl seems to enjoy it a lot ) I think.

Anyway, as long as he's surrounded by great musicians whom I care about, I'm fine with whatever ( aka Bumble don't leave ! ).

Brain has been out of the band since 2006, so that's nothing new to me

However, if the next record is released some day, it may include his work, as well as Bucket's and Robin's, but that's a different story

I'm pretty sure that Paul Huge hasn't left the band or the GNR-family (as it seems to be a better expression in these circumstances) he just decided in 2001 that he did not want to tour with GNR anymore...

He is too important for Axl to leave for good, I guess

Edited by DrDrei

No, that just means that Finck is still part of the Guns n Roses history, like how Slash or Buckethead is. I'd bet a good $100 that he's not affiliated with the band in any way now.

Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.

Maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

the problem with the studioband gnr is that it doesn't exist anymore.

the most influence on chidem are robin,bucket,brain,paul,axl,tommy, dizzy and chris

and I believe the most influence are to be from Paul and Tommy since they kept gnr alive...

I created this thread because I read this week at a forum some 90's magazine article where it said that Dizzy Reed was hanging out with a GNR Studio Drummer. I can't find it, but I know that I've never heard of that guy before.

you mean Josh Freese?

When Finck left, Axl said he was still part of the "GNR Family", he probably meant that he would still work with them.

No, he said

Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.

Robin was fired by azoff.. his contract ran out and he was let go thanks to azoff...

although Dj is a great player and share his emotions on stage.

I do miss the things Robin put into gnr. his uniqueness was very great. and I loved his style goth or jezus looking...

Brain say me in a message:

I'm out of the band... Thanks for the kind words!!!

-----------------------------

I wait that brain go back to guns n roses soon. :shrugs:

Sorry for my bad english.

No, he didn't. Proof ??

I can't believe you guys keep talking about this nonsense. These guys with 1 post don't know shit, are all fake accounts from members of this forum that don't have a life.

And nobody, NOBODY knows if Robin was fired by Azoff. This was a rumour from CD.com with ZERO CREDIBILITY.

Edited by marlon_brando15

When Finck left, Axl said he was still part of the "GNR Family", he probably meant that he would still work with them.

No, he said

Robin was fired by azoff.. his contract ran out and he was let go thanks to azoff...

although Dj is a great player and share his emotions on stage.

I do miss the things Robin put into gnr. his uniqueness was very great. and I loved his style goth or jezus looking...

bullshit, stop spreading this nonsense... it isn't true. If Robin still wanted to be part of GN'R, he would be, it's nothing to do with Azoff - this isn't the fucking Jonas Brothers.

Brain say me in a message:

I'm out of the band... Thanks for the kind words!!!

-----------------------------

I wait that brain go back to guns n roses soon. :shrugs:

Sorry for my bad english.

No, he didn't. Proof ??

I can't believe you guys keep talking about this nonsense. These guys with 1 post don't know shit, are all fake accounts from members of this forum that don't have a life.

And nobody, NOBODY knows if Robin was fired by Azoff. This was a rumour from CD.com with ZERO CREDIBILITY.

:rolleyes:

What ?!

Brain answer me a message for his personal web.

http://www.brainbeatz.com/Contact/Contact-the-Brain hello ? remember this <_<

screenshot ? ok.

personalmessage.jpg

IP Direction ? name ? anymore ?

:violin:

Repeat: sorry for my bad english. I'm from Peru :lol:

Edited by Patrick_RM

I just hope we get to hear the rest of the stuff from the CD sessions. And having DJ going over BH and Robin's parts would be fucking awful.

Just keep it as it is.

Agreed. It's not that I don't like D.J's style. I think he's very talented. I just feel Axl's original intent and vision was with Robin and Bucket as the guitar players for Chinese Democracy in mind, so going by Axl's own words that what we've got is only half of the double album, it will be a diservice to the concept without the major musical forces work on the second part of Chinese Democracy.

Bumblefoot and Frank only added parts that didn't take away from most of the experience. I hope Axl will continue to appreciate Bucket's and Robin's contributions to Guns studio work.

Edited by Rovim

I just hope we get to hear the rest of the stuff from the CD sessions. And having DJ going over BH and Robin's parts would be fucking awful.

Just keep it as it is.

Although I do agree, if they are going to move forward and use DJ in the studio, then at least record some new stuff.