I just want to go burn down a village when I listen to Sorry

ITW 2012

I just want to go burn down a village when I listen to Sorry. It's like Nero playing the fiddle as Rome burned. Tarantino needs to make an end of the world type movie and use this song when the nukes hit.

Edited by ITW 2012

it kind of reminds me of watchman, where dr. manhattan says something along the lines of "youll look to me to save you, and ill say no"

its like he had the power to save the world but refused and rather watched it burn.

i always felt the song CD should have been track 10-12ish, CD with the apocalyptic outro followed by sorry would be fucking mean.

it would be a great song for highway suicide

it kind of reminds me of watchman, where dr. manhattan says something along the lines of "youll look to me to save you, and ill say no"

He didn't say that. Dr. Manhattan said: "Why would I save a world I no longer have any stake in?"

Rorschach said what you quoted in the beginning (novel and movie), but I still know what you meant. :)

I just want to go burn down a village when I listen to Sorry. It's like Nero playing the fiddle as Rome burned. Tarantino needs to make an end of the world type movie and use this song when the nukes hit.

All good and swell. Modern historians have concluded that Nero most probably did not play the fiddle while Rome was burning. More rather, he was trying to help people, inviting regular folk to take shelter in his private gardens.

Maybe theres an analogy there to be found, if you think of Axl and his one man fire department episode. When he was trying to extinguish that one bushfire all by himself.

All good and swell. Modern historians have concluded that Nero most probably did not play the fiddle while Rome was burning. More rather, he was trying to help people, inviting regular folk to take shelter in his private gardens.

Maybe theres an analogy there to be found, if you think of Axl and his one man fire department episode. When he was trying to extinguish that one bushfire all by himself.

For the sake of this thread lets just go with the fiddle version.

It actually would have been the perfect song to end Fight Club with. Axl's channeling his inner Tyler Durden on this song.

Edited by ITW 2012

For the sake of this thread lets just go with the fiddle version.

It actually would have been the perfect song to end Fight Club with. Axl's channeling his inner Tyler Durden on this song.

Funny thing is, Sorry just might have excisted those odd 10 years ago when Fight Club was made!

Atleast the Slash diss, if you want to see the song that way, was a bit more relevant back then.

Now you got me thinking of how long ago it was when that movie came out. I love Fight Club to bits(*who doesn't?). Time just goes by so fast. :P

You're right, Quentin Tarantino should definitely use Sorry at the end of one of his films. He's one of my favorite directors. It would be epic.

And I'm not sure if I can imagine it in Fight Club. I haven't seen it since last summer so hopefully I can watch it again soon and see how it would fit. It's one of my all-time favorite movies.

Not only that, but the fiddle hadn't even been invented when Nero was around :)

If anything, he'd be playing a lyre.

Tarentino would be an excellent choice for this type of movie, any particular village/town you have in mind for your pyromania?

I wanna see Shacklers done as an anime video about a high school kid getting bullied to the point of no return and then doing a full on school shooting decked out like the Columbine kids. Whenever I hear that song that's the picture my mind paints. Either that, or something similar.

Tarentino would be an excellent choice for this type of movie, any particular village/town you have in mind for your pyromania?

I meant it figuratively.

It's more like the Dark Knight when Michael Caine talks about the Joker being the type of guy who just wants to watch the world burn.

No, it's more like, when Woody Harrelson says "You're a firey little spit-fuck"

Shackler's and Sorry both sound like they were done around the same time. Axl's voice sounds like it did on the 06/07 tours on those as opposed to most of the rest of the album. Bach was talking alot about Sorry around 2006, too. Completely off topic, but the vocal opening of Scraped sounds like it was done years apart. The vocal chorus sounds like it was done in 2002, but Axl's solo voice over that sounds like 2006 era stuff.

I've thought Prostitute would make an excellent ending of a movie type song, either in credits or the final few minutes of an action scene. Really, most of the songs off CD seem like they'd fit very well in films. Could be just from being such a big fan, but everything seems to work great for films or trailers. The visuals I get from Prostitute were of Axl on top of a sky scraper, looking over a major city, with the extended ending having shots of families having dinner, praying, having a smoke. And no images in particular for Shackler or Better, but I see the color metallic blue when I listen to them. I so wish we could get videos for the album. I think they could rival the UYI videos.