Classic Rock Magazine Sweden Rock GNR Show Review

Naupis

probably not

definitively yes man! what are you on?

I mean...what?

name one song written by Slash after his departure from GNR which, could at least, come close to a rock song, that you'll remember, let's say, over 10 years from now?

my point is, that since he left GNR, musically he became irrelevant. he was great IN GNR!

just think of the fact that media named Velvet Revolver "super group" and an adjective to compensate "lala music", to claim attention from public!

most of Slash fans are "captivated" by the "racist burden". meaning that the "white trash" is guilty from the start on, just because he is a white male from USA, and the "black man" is the victim, just because he is black. notice - I'm full aware of the reactions this statement will raise! but, please, please, remember that since you are a "anglo-american" person it's more likely you can not escape the paradigm you are in!

none of his fans argument has proven that the music he's doing is so good that they don't need to listen to GNR songs, and that he is so relevant as for "gnr style" that they don't need to go to GNR sites to claim some attention for their idol, and for them selfs!

"staying close to his roots"? is so typical to show how retrograde and conservative is the "anglo-american world", for the first - they still have queens and kings, like in medieval times! and for the last - they still believe that their government is "democratic elected" just from 2 parties?! for me, "Chinese Democracy" is a aphorism for democracy in general, not just for Chinese one!

I know that is not what Axl had in mind, and that he fells that he's living in a democracy far better then the one of China, but that's just the impression one has living in "american dream". why isn't it called "american reality"?

peace n' out!

At least Slash has stayed close to his roots, when it comes to sound :thumbsup:

Axl makes much better music though.

Take a listen to the new Slash & Friends album. It really rocks, for real :thumbsup:

Take a listen to the new Slash & Friends album. It really rocks, for real :thumbsup:

Already listened to it. CD's a good deal better.

The Slash & Friends album has good vibes, atleast on most of the tracks. Sure not all (the tracks) are great.

Chinese Democracy sounds Frankenstein, disjointed, and hard on the ears. Sure, there's some good guitar work on the album.

CD is hard on the ears for sure. Ron's guitar in Catcher is pure agony. It sounds like cat dying or something.

I love that solo. Very energetic and emotional. If you don't like Bumble's tone and style, I can understand why you'll probably prefer May's solo.

Edited by Rovim

Already listened to it. CD's a good deal better.

The Slash & Friends album has good vibes, atleast on most of the tracks. Sure not all (the tracks) are great.

Chinese Democracy sounds Frankenstein, disjointed, and hard on the ears. Sure, there's some good guitar work on the album.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/gunsnroses/chinesedemocracy

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/slash/slash

What's that star? I couldn't hear you over the sound of Slash being even more critically panned than Chinese Democracy.