New Alternate Artwork Pictures

Conor

That's fucking AWESOME!!

This one is even better than the other "alternate" version...

EDIT: Supposedly these are fakes. Not sure how, but I heard on another forum that the artist responsible for the dancing skeletons confirmed he/she gave Axl two paintings(Doggie and The Lizard Part of My Brain), not three. The dancing Skeletons painting was made in 2010. Not sure what to make of this.

http://sandrayagi.blogspot.com/2010/04/twin-6.html

Hmm... Could've been for the re-release that never happened?

Edited by RickRoses

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAKE

The artwork on this page is bogus -- a hoax.

I know the artist Sandy Yagi who did the dancing skeletons on this page (SORRY), and she has confirmed that Axl only used two of her pieces for the booklet: Doggie and The Lizard Part of My Brain.

It's a fake. The dancing skeletons art was painted in 2010

F#cken hell!! Only in f#cken Guns N' Roses would a f#cken "fan" mock up a f#cken booklet. No doubt they would try and sell it for fucken drug money. C#nts!

Expletive filled rant over

I don't know about the rest of you but, I sure wonder why these are popping up all of a sudden?

I was thinking that too, but it's most likely a fake......... :(

Edited by Young_Gun

Guest gunns5

that prostitute artwork is fuckin' money

Reminds me of that new underbelly razor commercial :xmassrudolph:

fuckn pissed its fake, and agreed, who would spend so much time making something like this to pass it off as legit?

FAKE

I know the artist Sandy Yagi who did the dancing skeletons on this page (SORRY), and she has confirmed that Axl only used two of her pieces for the booklet: Doggie and The Lizard Part of My Brain.

F#cken hell!! Only in f#cken Guns N' Roses would a f#cken "fan" mock up a f#cken booklet. No doubt they would try and sell it for fucken drug money. C#nts!

I don't know about the rest of you but, I sure wonder why these are popping up all of a sudden?

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

FAKE

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Funny thing is, it hasn't been removed from HTGTH........

Guest gunns5

ok with the help of BIG G translater

The guy that has it has been saying this

person 1: i would like to buy

cd: so far i have not thought about selling

person 1: 'if you do then think of me'

cd: I thought maybe more of a deal for an unreleased song ... maybe someone is interested in an exchange

hm.. then I look at their registration date of the guy who supposedly has this and

Maybe hes full of shit, or maybe he isnt..

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be difficult to get a background painting and type some lyrics over it using Photoshop. Especially if it's used for an unreleased track. I think it's fake. The recent registration of the user also is telling. He hasn't taken a picture of the actual inside of the booklet, it's all just scans, probably just a print screen off the computer. A legitimate open book photo would be much more authentic.

Guest gunns5

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be difficult to get a background painting and type some lyrics over it using Photoshop. Especially if it's used for an unreleased track. I think it's fake. The recent registration of the user also is telling. He hasn't taken a picture of the actual inside of the booklet, it's all just scans, probably just a print screen off the computer. A legitimate open book photo would be much more authentic.

I doubt it, because those 2 above images of sorry and prostitute, obviously their not scans ( too perfect to be a scan) but if they aren't scans, why the fuck are they so grainy looking. I dont know , I call B.S

The German has posted a picture of the Catcher in the Rye page. Doesn't seem like a fake... This isn't a written up Word document from Geffen to their staff about a release date, this would require a bit of work.

you can see staples on the right

http://666kb.com/i/bw5i0jdozjbzq7ivw.jpg

I noticed that, wouldn't exactly be difficult to photoshop some staples really. I'm just being sketical, seems fishy. The registration date.. then the request for an unreleased song, this guy just signed up to a Guns forums yesterday! An open book photo from a decent distance would be much more believable.

You can see a Winnie the Pooh knockoff bear in the top right. I'm gonna assume it's fake based on the fact that I don't think Axl or the band or the management are stupid enough to use something like that without permission. It'd be stupid to pay for a usage like that. Who knows, though? It's a cool cover.

You can see a Winnie the Pooh knockoff bear in the top right. I'm gonna assume it's fake based on the fact that I don't think Axl or the band or the management are stupid enough to use something like that without permission. It'd be stupid to pay for a usage like that. Who knows, though? It's a cool cover.

Well they did use the intro to Riad without the right permission

Very true, I forgot about that. The difference is that Winnie the Pooh is Disney and you don't fuck with Disney. Copyright revolves around that company. GN'R apparently thought they could get away with something as small as a relatively unknown track (I guess?)

Maybe that's why it was never released?

Very true, I forgot about that. The difference is that Winnie the Pooh is Disney and you don't fuck with Disney. Copyright revolves around that company. GN'R apparently thought they could get away with something as small as a relatively unknown track (I guess?)

Hmmm I don't think Axl minds footing the bill for copyright usage, think of how many people and studios he(or the label) would have had to have paid to use the Madagascar monologues...

Guys...it's not too hard to get ahold of glossy paper, print on it, and have it stapled with a booklet press. I could easily make a fake cover with these scans and then have it shrinkwrapped by my friend at Best Buy.

You are right. However, there is evidence that supports both opinions. The serial number given matches. The thread has not been deleted off HTGTH. However the artist that created the Dancing Skeletons said he/she only sold 2 pieces to Axl(not 3), and the Dancing Skeleton piece was made in 2010. Also strange how the user creates an account 2 days ago and quickly states he will trade for a new song. If he knew it was rare, most likely he would be a forum member from some time ago. If he didn't know it was rare he wouldn't have bought 2 of them. And surely would not 'click' into asking for an unreleased song a day later. It doesn't add up.

I love how the big deal is that his account is new. I'd certainly create a new account if I had something to sell/trade and knew I was doing something possibly illegal (expanding unreleased songs/leaks). We haven't heard anything about IPs so we don't know if he's new entirely or if he made a new account.

And just because the account is new doesn't mean he's new. I read the forum for about a year before I actually signed up. I mostly read it without posting. I have around 300 in almost 6 years I think.

Edited by DaneisKing1389