New Alternate Artwork Pictures

Conor

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a barcode search on that it came up as Chinese Democracy (Cover B ) - Best Buy

From what I recall, at the time the release was announced, there were 3 options for preorder (A, B and C) on their website...but in the end they only sent the bike cover one..

alternate cover ©

cdcoverrr.jpg

That would be awesome. I remember an interview with the artist for that image saying Axl approached him to use it but because of the turmoil and situation in China(the artist was born/living in China), they had to decline....

On the back cover, I was interested in that it says the copyright date was 2008-2009, wheras the original standard CD release just lists 2008. I wonder if there really was a plan to re-release over the last couple of years, and it never made it past a limited run of promotional pressings or whatever. Cool stuff.

alternate cover ©

cdcoverrr.jpg

I think this cover is fake. Some one has simply taken the CD cover and changed the words from gold to red, and added an image by the same artist who created the orther similar works of art. Why chop the are work. I don't think they would do that.

alternate cover ©

cdcoverrr.jpg

I think this cover is fake. Some one has simply taken the CD cover and changed the words from gold to red, and added an image by the same artist who created the orther similar works of art. Why chop the are work. I don't think they would do that.

yes its fake.

"Some Chinese artists, loath to be branded as democracy campaigners, declined valuable offers to help illustrate the album. "I listened to their music when I was little," says Beijing visual artist Chen Zhuo . He was "very glad" when GN'R asked to buy rights to use his picture of Tiananmen Square rendered as an amusement park -- with Mao Zedong's head near a roller coaster. Then, Mr. Chen looked at lyrics of the album's title song and, after consulting with his lawyer and partner, declined the band's $18,000 offer. "We have to take political risks into account as artists in China," says the 30-year-old."
Edited by gunns5

Back in the day, all those years ago 2001/2002 here iis the cover I made to go with my bootleg CD

It features 9 live tracks, and one of the first leaks or IRS

As you can see, it features the first New GN'R line up.

chinesedemocracyfanart.jpg

Edited by star

Maybe I should try to sort through the mass amount of copies of CD we have at work tomorrow.

If I remember, I'll also punch in the UPC code and see if anything pops up.

Love that alternate artwork!

If you somehow manage to find more than 1 copy of the alternate artwork, how much would you want for it?