New Alternate Artwork Pictures

Conor

Just picked up the Red Hand cover at a used record store in LA today...for $5! Totally shocked to see it. The new artwork is both cool and weird. There's an alien rape painting for Shackler's Revenge. Still like the bike cover and the pics of the band in the original release...but it's cool to have the correct lyrics and a few additional liner notes from Axl.

What's interesting is that the back says Copyright 2008-2009

Pics of GTFO.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a booklet with the spelling mistakes corrected? That's crazy stuff. Guess they were serious about re-issueing CD at one point or putting out alternate covers (even though it never actually did happen). Must've made some promo copies (or is there a warehouse full of these somewhere, lol.)

Guess the store didn't know what they had, selling it for $4.99. :rofl-lol:

Just picked up the Red Hand cover at a used record store in LA today...for $5! Totally shocked to see it. The new artwork is both cool and weird. There's an alien rape painting for Shackler's Revenge. Still like the bike cover and the pics of the band in the original release...but it's cool to have the correct lyrics and a few additional liner notes from Axl.

What's interesting is that the back says Copyright 2008-2009

Holy shit wtf!

I read that just as you posted it and thought you were just bullshitting so never bothered replying.

How can this be? It can't be some elaborate fake. Perhaps a release from another country other than US/UK??? Surely not - still would have seen it on here at some point.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

What a find! $5? Complete luck. I've never been fortunate enough to come across a GN'R rarity in any music shop I've been in (largely because there's a severe lack of obscure music stores in or around my locality). The most alternative I suppose GN'R related product I've ever come across is Loaded's "Sick".

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Chinese democracy just got a whole lot cooler. Awesome to see this shit. Clearly something went massively wrong on release.

I wish they made it widely available.

I just don't understand why it ended like this.

I mean it's not some unknown band, it's GN'R. Why the release was totally fucked up? It's beyond my understanding. :(

Chinese democracy just got a whole lot cooler. Awesome to see this shit. Clearly something went massively wrong on release.

I wish they made it widely available.

I just don't understand why it ended like this.

I mean it's not some unknown band, it's GN'R. Why the release was totally fucked up? It's beyond my understanding. :(

well its like what axl was talking about with his lawsuit against azoff, and the fact he mentioned he received almost no support from geffen, all they probably wanted was to get the album out and try to get him to have a reunion but we all know thats not gonna happen