A theory about "The Ballad Of Death"

Gunner55

is he allowed to wear pants or are those slash territory as well?

people complained cause bucket looked to different, now ashba looks too familiar.

WE NEED LESS BLANKETS AND MORE BLANKETS!

You joke about it, OK. But it's not hard for anyone to see that DJ is copying Slash BIG TIME!

Everyone should have their own style, even if that means putting a bucket on your head...

Its not like DJ started dressing the way he got the gig.

He has been dressing like that for years.

is he allowed to wear pants or are those slash territory as well?

people complained cause bucket looked to different, now ashba looks too familiar.

WE NEED LESS BLANKETS AND MORE BLANKETS!

You joke about it, OK. But it's not hard for anyone to see that DJ is copying Slash BIG TIME!

Everyone should have their own style, even if that means putting a bucket on your head...

If you new anything about DJ prior to him joining GnR, you'd know that he's always done these things, the way he dresses, the hats, his style of playing.......

It isn't like Slash's style and tone were very original to begin with. I believe someone mentioned it as American Rock Radio sound. They sound and play similar because they both use the same style that has been fairly dominant for most of the past 40 years on American Rock Radio. Slash was not the first to wear hats and smoke on stage, either. That's not to say there aren't obviously similarities between the two, just that their similarities are shared with scores of other players since the 60s, too. I'm willing to bet that DJ was picked in part because of his similarity to Slash. It just happens the similarity is shared with a bunch of other guys as well.

yeah cigarettes are off limits now because slash smoked them first.

Top hats, cigarettes, flannels, Les Paul guitar's, etc

Clearly he patented all these things and were never done before..

That's not my point and you know it. My point is that when you replace such an icon as Slash, it's just silly to copy his style so much. And as I said, only the DJ Ashba fanboys will argue with me on this.

At least Robin had his own identity (even though he was mr. sloppy).

You would have a point if DJ has suddenly changed his style when he joined GN'R. Instead, he's had his own image for a while now.

Lets face it - if it wasn't for the hat, no one would have anything to say about this. You can't bitch about the cigarette thing - lots of people smoke unfortunately. You can't bitch about the guitar - it's a very popular model and lots of people use it. His hair is completely different - if he put on a curly wig you'd have an argument.

If he didn't wear the hat - which for the record looks nothing like Slash's top hat - there's be no story here.

So really, this whole thread is an argument about headgear.

That's not my point and you know it. My point is that when you replace such an icon as Slash, it's just silly to copy his style so much. And as I said, only the DJ Ashba fanboys will argue with me on this.

Slash's style isn't entirely his own.. is what you're not understanding.

-He wasn't the first one to wear a top-hat or on stage

-He wasn't the first to smoke a cigarette on stage

-He sure as hell wasn't the first to use a Les Paul either.

I'm not a fanboy. You're obviously a deluded fan-girl who's got a obsession with Axl's biker shorts though.

Sure, some of you forum-fanboys will stick up for him no matter what. But the majority of the people that see him live thinks the same as me; "Why does he try so hard to be just like Slash?"

And don't give me the same bullshit answer like "have you talked all all the people who attended?" etc because you all see my point.

That studio recording, wasn't that just a fan playing it from ears in studio, after hearing it live?

Anyway, I love the solo. I really hope we see that on an album sooner than later. That said I really hope it doesnæt show up on the SIXX:a.m. album.. Think of that solo, followed by Axl's scream. rock3

Here's a blatant rip off :

The Real Deal:

DJ's playing style may be similar to Slash's (whose style was inspired by several before him, btw), but he's not blatantly ripping off Slash or trying to be a Slash clone.

Edited by tat2d1

DJ has been dressing like this since long before he joined GNR. Go check out his Sixx AM videos. Was he copying Slash there? LOL

So you're saying that because a guitarist that left the band 14 years ago used to wear a hat, smoke and play a Les Paul, DJ should be forced to change the image that he's been marketing for the last ten years just to gain the approval of some Slash obsessed cockfucks on a forum? Honestly, I'll admit that if there is another tour, I hope he pulls a Finck and changes his style to suit the band more, but not for the ridiculous reasons that you're going on about.

(Admittedly, I was a believer in the DJ-copies-Slash-lolz bullshit only a month or two ago, but I've done my research and grown a liking for him in the past month)

(Admittedly, I was a believer in the DJ-copies-Slash-lolz bullshit only a month or two ago, but I've done my research and grown a liking for him in the past month)

I did some research too, and now I feel sooo embarrassed :wacko: OMG, what will the DJ fanboys on my GNR forum think about me now? I'm so sorry :violin:

Please just forget what I wrote in this thread, I don't want my reputation to be destroyed... DJ is one of the most original and influential guitar players of this generation, and I kinda wish he was an original member of Guns N' Roses...

0.jpg

What the hell was I thinking, calling him a Slash wannabe? :unsure:

Edited by Christian