A theory about "The Ballad Of Death"

Gunner55

It occurred to me today at work that we'll see it soon. There was that video late last year of some Dj Ashba interview where a portion of a studio version of it was playing...so it obviously exists. I have a feeling that we could see it on the new Sixx: A.M. record when it comes out. The first one had "Intermission" which was a Dj solo song...so I think it seems pretty plausible that this one will be on the new album that should apparently be coming out later this year/early next year.

Just a though. :shrugs:

I was assuming it was out already, somewhere, on something. Am I wrong?

Spotify not available in my country. Piss.

Not available in mine either.

Anyway, it's a really cool piece of music!

Don't worry. It's not the same song, not even remotely. It's a rap song, quite bad.

Yeah Ballad Of Death was written specifically for the GN'R tour.

Really? how do you know this?

Dj said that on an interview. I'll find, wait.

EDIT: I was wrong, he said that on Facebook. Look:

"The Ballad Of Death" Is a piece of music that I wrote specifically for the Guns N' Roses Tour.

Edited by ManetsBR

I actually spoke to DJ about this when I met him in January. I mentioned to him that it's a badass solo and that he and Axl should flesh it into a full fledged song. He yelled "Thanks" and gave me a high-five. He then asked me to turn to Axl (who was a few feet away) and told me to tell Axl that. I wasn't sure what to say so I just said, "cool, cool." But afterward I thought there's no way I'm telling Axl how he should compose GNR songs I figured I'd leave that up to DJ and Axl.

So to address the person who originally posed the question, I'm not sure if it's in the cards. At least during the Canadian leg it didn't seem like there were any designs to turn the solo into a full GNR song, but who knows, things change with time.

Cheers,

Andrew

P.S. Hope DJ doesn't mind me reposting this. Figured enough time has gone by and I'm sure all was said in jest anyway.

Edited by downzy

Why does this guy have to copy Slash so much??? It's completely unoriginal: Same guitar, top hat, simular skirts, and he even has the same standing position with his legs and a sigarette in his mouth :rofl-lol:

You have to be a real blind fanboy if you don't think this is just a little too embarrassing :rofl-lol: The song was cool enough, but very Slash inspired.

yeah cigarettes are off limits now because slash smoked them first.

Top hats, cigarettes, flannels, Les Paul guitar's, etc

Clearly he patented all these things and were never done before..

That's not my point and you know it. My point is that when you replace such an icon as Slash, it's just silly to copy his style so much. And as I said, only the DJ Ashba fanboys will argue with me on this.

At least Robin had his own identity (even though he was mr. sloppy).

That's not my point and you know it. My point is that when you replace such an icon as Slash, it's just silly to copy his style so much. And as I said, only the DJ Ashba fanboys will argue with me on this.

Robin had his own style yet in 2006 when he appeared with long grown out hair and a hat onstage people ripped on him for wanting to be Slash

I'm no Dj fanboy, and I'm not really defending him. But you had Buckethead, Robin, then Bumblefoot. All are way off from Slash. Then you get someone who reminds people of Slash, c'mon. I could see if Dj was Axl's first choice, but not 15 years later and after 3 other guitarists.

is he allowed to wear pants or are those slash territory as well?

people complained cause bucket looked to different, now ashba looks too familiar.

WE NEED LESS BLANKETS AND MORE BLANKETS!

You joke about it, OK. But it's not hard for anyone to see that DJ is copying Slash BIG TIME!

Everyone should have their own style, even if that means putting a bucket on your head...