Axls' Voice

GNR123GNR456

So, I understand this is very late in the tour, but I had to make this topic.

Axl's voice is so good now it's insane. He got the rasp back and the '02 voice is pretty much gone.

Even during '06 the "mickey mouse" voice would pop up from time to time.

Compare this:

To this:

I mean, now his pushing 50, he's singing fantastic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, his voice is magnificent right now, but that Sturgis video is not one you should be showcasing as "his voice is back!". His voice isn't that great there. Axl's voice gets better and better as tours progress, which is the case right now. Also, that scream in the beginning of the Leeds video was fucking awesome!

I do agree with many that his voice is better now than it has ever been with the new incarnation(s) of Guns.

His lower register still sounds great (Patience, KOHD, Shackler verses) and his rasp is stronger than it has been for the last fifteen years!

But yes, he needs to practice on his middle register where he easily slides off key.

But overall... Axl definately has not sounded this good since 1993.

Edited by Demon Wolf

unfortunately half the songs he is singing aren't any good.

Well, that's your opinion. Not gonna argue musical taste with you, to each their own I guess. :)

Thankfully, I love pretty much all the songs.

Too me, the 2010 GN'R concert experience is up there among the greats.

Guest gunns5

That's what smoking will do for your voice. Back in 2002, Axl didn't smoke cigars/cigarettes. That's why he sounded that way.

what are you talking about, theres a photo of him in 02 smoking a cigar

That's what smoking will do for your voice. Back in 2002, Axl didn't smoke cigars/cigarettes. That's why he sounded that way.

Where's the evidence he smokes now? I'm pretty sure he doesn't smoke cigarettes. And you don't inhale cigars. They have no effect on the voice.

Smoking doesn't have that much of an effect on the voice. His voice sounds like it does from how he sings.

And to the others, he can still sing cleanly, but it's hard to use both. It's either rasp or clean. Each one requires a very different kind of conditioning.

Get it straight people. There are plenty of shows from the 90's where his live voice is anything but good. 91 is basically a catastrophy in my ears. In 93 when Guns was in Stockhom some people were saying how bad his live voice was and that it sounded nothing like the album.

I think his voice..especially on the appetite songs today are better than anytime during the 90's.

Get it straight people. There are plenty of shows from the 90's where his live voice is anything but good. 91 is basically a catastrophy in my ears. In 93 when Guns was in Stockhom some people were saying how bad his live voice was and that it sounded nothing like the album.

I think his voice..especially on the appetite songs today are better than anytime during the 90's.

I appreciate the pure power, fullness and timbre of Axl's voice in the past, but a lot of the time during the UYIs tour it was really, really strained. Like in 1991. Indiana '91 wasn't good, RIR '91 second night his voice was hurting a lot. And, his vocal cords must have been damaged, had knots at various points. Now his voice is cleaner, raspy and he sings a lot of the old songs very well I think.

Like in 1991. Indiana '91 wasn't good.

His voice was brutal here although it somehow worked on this song. The sheer aggression in it sounded mental.

I always imagined that's how Axl acts when he doesn't get his own way.

Y'know, minus the beating of women and anal rape.

Edited by Conor

They have no effect on the voice.

Lol...they can and DO cause throat/mouth cancer. They have a great impact on your voice.

Smoking doesn't have that much of an effect on the voice.

Clearly, you have no experience on the subject or else you'd know better. I'm an ex smoker and back when I smoked, my voice had ALOT more rasp. Just listen to middle aged women who smoke. They sound like fucking chainsaws.