OMFG SHACKLERS REVENGE!!!!

iftheworld

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he singing quieter during the verses?

Yes. It's understandable though. The low "demonic" type vocal he does is very low and will be more difficult to sing at a decent volume compared to when he does the screaming high notes.

Undoubtedly a good song, but extremely poor performance from Axl. He was off key so many times, it was pretty embarrassing.

He's not off key, he's just singing in a lower registry within whatever chord they're playing in. In fact, during the pre-chorus it sounds like he's singing the lower harmony. Sort of like how he sings the last few words in the chorus for Paradise City. It's just easier and less taxing on the vocal chords. So long as he's in the right key (which he is here), I don't have a major problem with it.

Cheers,

Andrew

Nice performance. I don't want to hijack this thread, but since it's a "OMFG!!11"-thread, I'm gonna add this gem here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnRwe8Jj9m0

I'm still impressed how he nails it. (And the band of course, but I gotta admit that it's the voice that intrigues me here...)

Yeah, it sounds like he's channeling "1987 Axl" here as his vocals sound almost identical to how they sounded 20 years ago. It's impressive that on the newer material his vocal style is a bit more mature and emotive but he can still bring it back to the rawness of his earlier years when singing the old stuff. He definitely captures that vintage Axl sound in this clip and I'm appreciative for that.

Cheers,

Andrew

Sounds chaotic. Another song Bumble-Foot can't perform.

you twat ;-) he nailed it. can u play the shackler's solo? the beginning, the quick part(!)...

wish I was ad that concert! wow.

and to end this reply - shackler's is the most interesting song from guns to me. 

volver