Does anybody else think it's time to record one of these shows for release on blu ray?

ITW 2012

I'm with ITW 2012.

Fuck the biz, but a blu-ray would be a nice reward to the fans.

I don't give a shit if it isnt marketed, promoted etc.

Nor does it matter if its not perfect or not completely polished.

Just give us the disc :xmasssanta:

Edited by Azazel

That would be great, but a more important thing imo will be to get this band in the studio right after the tour ends, while Axl is still in shape vocally and start working on new material.

Exactly. Get some new stuff out already. The Chinese Democracy Tour" has been going for almost 10 years now.

I wouldn't mind having the Lille show, or another similar vocal-wise, on blu-ray

But yeah, between that and the band recording ( AND RELEASING ) something, I'd take the latter.

While i do really want a pro-shot DVD/Blu Ray to come out, i really really doubt that one ever will. If Axl wanted to put on out, it would take no longer then a month TOPS. And yet, we have never had a proshot DVD of new Guns. Metallica are putting out the Big Four DVD very soon and Megadeth put out their Rust in Peace concert in less than 2 months after it was shot. I really do not see any obstacle besides Axl really... But hey if it came out i would be the first to buy it, these shows are amazing.

I wouldn't mind having the Lille show, or another similar vocal-wise, on blu-ray

But yeah, between that and the band recording ( AND RELEASING ) something, I'd take the latter.

While i do really want a pro-shot DVD/Blu Ray to come out, i really really doubt that one ever will. If Axl wanted to put on out, it would take no longer then a month TOPS. And yet, we have never had a proshot DVD of new Guns. Metallica are putting out the Big Four DVD very soon and Megadeth put out their Rust in Peace concert in less than 2 months after it was shot. I really do not see any obstacle besides Axl really... But hey if it came out i would be the first to buy it, these shows are amazing.

These guys really need to get on the tonight show SOON while his voice is worked up. release another single and get your asses on T.V.

I hope they release Forever Together at some time. I know Dale Rage and his team didn't tape the whole tour,l but I'm sure they taped enough for a DVD. Even if they only taped the 1st concerts, in Brazil, I'm fine. But as far as I could see on the teaser released, there's footage from Lima, which is the 8th date!

Axl's vocals are off the hook right now

even if they're not, they can always "live era" them. :thumbsup:

Harder to do with a video release though

everything Axl does he does the harder way, this is in no way a deterrent

:lol:

Now there is a true statement if I've heard one.

I would agree that Axl's voice is in top-form. Iit would be great to take advantage of that and capture some moments in time when he's sounding so good, weather video, audio or both. Honestly, this band deserves it. These guys have rocked this tour and a video of them playing would be right proper.

That would be great, but a more important thing imo will be to get this band in the studio right after the tour ends, while Axl is still in shape vocally and start working on new material.

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? Surely the whole point of live DVD is that its already recorded?

If they are wondering which one to release its pretty easy last night at O2 has to be a clear winner.

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? Surely the whole point of live DVD is that its already recorded?

If they are wondering which one to release its pretty easy last night at O2 has to be a clear winner.

I don't know man, this band is still no. 1 to me, but they're not very good at multitasking. Sometimes failing at the simplest of decisions. I'm not a negative fucker, but I've come to expect only the basics from this band. (sometimes even less)

I don't blame Axl, it's just the reality right now is that the focus is really about keeping this thing going and I get that, as I think every member of this line up is giving his all and the shows just keep getting better and better, but when you listen to what Bumble keeps repeating in his interviews, it's clear there are more crucial things this band needs to do (like Bumble showed interest in his interviews) to move forward.

Like I've said, a live DVD would be great and is really overdue, but if this band will write together and release new material, this line up will become more stable, which in turn, may give Axl more confident and he wouldn't need to worry about releasing a live DVD with no connection to the current line up if members of the band leave like in the past.

Imagine if the 01/01/01 House Of Blues show was released as planned: I would've watched it and would love it, but it wouldn't be relevant in any way or have a real connection to what Gn'R is now..

Edited by Rovim

I don't know man, this band is still no. 1 to me, but they're not very good at multitasking. Sometimes failing at the simplest of decisions. I'm not a negative fucker, but I've come to expect only the basics from this band. (sometimes even less)

I don't blame Axl, it's just the reality right now is that the focus is really about keeping this thing going and I get that, as I think every member of this line up is giving his all and the shows just keep getting better and better, but when you listen to what Bumble keeps repeating in his interviews, it's clear there are more crucial things this band needs to do (like Bumble showed interest in his interviews) to move forward.

Like I've said, a live DVD would be great and is really overdue, but if this band will write together and release new material, this line up will become more stable, which in turn, may give Axl more confident and he wouldn't need to worry about releasing a live DVD with no connection to the current line up if members of the band leave like in the past.

Imagine if the 01/01/01 House Of Blues show was released as planned: I would've watched it and would love it, but it wouldn't be relevant in any way or have a real connection to what Gn'R is now..

Agreed nothing in the GnR universe is simple and maybe it would be too distracting especially if Axl did decide to overbud some of his parts.

But don't stress over the line ups changing having the house of Blues show would be great and would rpresent the band as they were then just as a new DVD would show them as they are now you can like one, both or none.