Who Else Thinks...

Nick85

It's more about Axl's attitude than anything. His mantra is "I'll do whatever I fucking want and if you don't like it, you can suck my big fat dick." How would you react when your lead singer is saying that to you every night? That you can't play a show until he's good and ready? And if you don't like, you can suck his big fat dick? That's not at all how a band operates. Axl pulls these kind of stunts simply because he can. He has the power and lets everyone know in the most disrespectful ways. Sadly, it's still a major problem..

Why do you think Bumblefoot had that small meltdown a few months ago?

-Kickingthehabit

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more about Axl's attitude than anything. His mantra is "I'll do whatever I fucking want and if you don't like it, you can suck my big fat dick." How would you react when your lead singer is saying that to you every night? That you can't play a show until he's good and ready? And if you don't like, you can suck his big fat dick? That's not at all how a band operates. Axl pulls these kind of stunts simply because he can. He has the power and lets everyone know in the most disrespectful ways. Sadly, it's still a major problem..

-Kickingthehabit

Exactly. I don't think it has a whole lot to do with the actual lateness itself, but the constant disrespect that the lateness shows to the fans and to the band. And yeah I know, "It's part of who GnR are and stop fucking complaining" etc etc (personally the lateness doesn't really bother me anymore) but it is still a major problem that happens night after night.

slash's tacked on snide little comment was just so, so fucking pathetic.

Whats pathetic is how people who know absolutely nothing about Axl, Slash, or their conflict think they have the right to judge either one of them for what they do or say about each other. Slash was there every step of the way and anything he says has just as much creditability as axl. If Slash wants to make a comment about Axl going on late, who cares, he actually knew the man for years and helped create the greatest band of all time. What exactly did you accomplish? Would you people seriously spout such dumb ass shit to Slash's face? Could you imagine his reaction? Some nobody reading up his personal conflicts on the internet and actually trying to hell him how it all went down and how he should "stfu" about Axl going on late.... :lol:

+1

slash's tacked on snide little comment was just so, so fucking pathetic.

Whats pathetic is how people who know absolutely nothing about Axl, Slash, or their conflict think they have the right to judge either one of them for what they do or say about each other. Slash was there every step of the way and anything he says has just as much creditability as axl. If Slash wants to make a comment about Axl going on late, who cares, he actually knew the man for years and helped create the greatest band of all time. What exactly did you accomplish? Would you people seriously spout such dumb ass shit to Slash's face? Could you imagine his reaction? Some nobody reading up his personal conflicts on the internet and actually trying to hell him how it all went down and how he should "stfu" about Axl going on late.... :lol:

this is a forum, people express opinions, the comment he made was in every instance bitter and snide and unnecessary.

-Kickingthehabit

but that's what this band was built on, the idea that no one could tell them what to do and they were going to do whatever they wanted. They're just pissed because Axl meant it and has been living it ever since.

I just wish Slash would go away completely. :/

i wish cupcakes like yourself would

How is that trolling? That's genuinely how I feel. People continuously use the term trolling but they have no idea what it means. :shrugs:

end of the day mate u would not been on this forum is it wasnt for BOTH Axl and Slash so stop dissing the cat in the hat and get a life

what I think of it? That Axl had the balls to hold on this band while the others not. Take it or leave it, like it or not. That's a fact and no one can change it just because they don't want to accept it. period. Axl is never talking about the others and doesn't bash them, but they do it.

Edited by TarjaR

what I think of it? That Axl had the balls to hold on this band while the others not. Take it or leave it, like it or not. That's a fact and no one can change it just because they don't want to accept it. period. Axl is never talking about the others and doesn't bash them, but they do it.

Calling Slash a cancer is kind of bashing, right? Axl is not really known for his diplomacy (as we all know). Cause the times he did speak... :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Like I stated before, I whish Slash would shutt up about stuff like this. Not helping at all! And I do think he manipulates the press, he is good in that. Axl on the other hand, could take some lessons in this.

And about going on stage on time, it most definately would be more professional. But there are some things what will never change and this is one of those things.

Ok...

I'm sick of this shit threads, hoping to old GN'R reunite, or Slash/Axl discussion, Duff playing with Axl, Axl playing with Duff, Steven on Coke, Izzy dissapeared, etc, Bla Bla Bla...

OMFG just face the fact that whatever people whatched GN'R back in the day were lucky because, not now not ever they are going to reunite.

First because Izzy doesn't want to go tour.

Second Steven would be a pain. As much as i like him, he's that guy that didn't live the best part of the dream of being a rock star (Filling Arenas)

Third, because Slash sometimes is a pain and Axl sometimes is a pain.

Duff's just around and keeping his Coolness on. (Duff Rocks)

Face it: THEY ARE NOT COMING BACK. NEW GN'R IS THE BEST THAT YOU CAN GET FOR A REENCARNATION OF GUNS, besides, it's NOT that bad.

I hope that what i wrote helps the guys that keep opening threads like: "What if,or If Axl, or If Slash"

Lay off of the guys backs!

I love to wait and watch the entire stadium or arena lose their minds when you hear the opening to Jungle or CD. I wouldn't call it a GNR show if they were playing on time.

Besides, doesnt that mean everyone will spend more $$$$ on booze?

Good for everyone.

Ok...

I'm sick of this shit threads, hoping to old GN'R reunite, or Slash/Axl discussion, Duff playing with Axl, Axl playing with Duff, Steven on Coke, Izzy dissapeared, etc, Bla Bla Bla...

you can be sick all you want, but that's not gonna change how this forum operates...

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Late starts are unprofessional. That's all there is to it.

This band has never been professional. You should check out Bon Jovi if you like your rock n roll clean and professional.

There's nothing rock n roll about being perfect and rehearsed.

I like waiting because when they do come on it's so exciting. The atmosphere is electric. Coming out on schedule wouldn't have the same effect.

I go to shows expecting a wait and arrange accommodation or a way home outside of public transportation.

Ok...

OMFG just face the fact that whatever people whatched GN'R back in the day were lucky because, not now not ever they are going to reunite.

First because Izzy doesn't want to go tour.

Second Steven would be a pain. As much as i like him, he's that guy that didn't live the best part of the dream of being a rock star (Filling Arenas)

Third, because Slash sometimes is a pain and Axl sometimes is a pain.

Duff's just around and keeping his Coolness on. (Duff Rocks)

Face it: THEY ARE NOT COMING BACK. NEW GN'R IS THE BEST THAT YOU CAN GET FOR A REENCARNATION OF GUNS, besides, it's NOT that bad.

I hope that what i wrote helps the guys that keep opening threads like: "What if,or If Axl, or If Slash"

Lay off of the guys backs!

So what you're saying is that you should be free to post your opinions, as you have done here, but you're sick of others posting theirs?

OK, why I don't want a reunion.

Well, first of all you have to understand that I live in a different reality. Most Guns N' Roses fans here are young, my age, and most of the have my same opinion. Of course, there are all kinds of people, like in any GN'R board. People that prefer the old band, people that just hate the new band for no reason, older people that saw the old band many times, all the kinds, just like any GNR board. But here, most people don't really want a reunion.

It's not that we are against. It's just that we don't really want it because we don't really see the need for one. Guns N' Roses is the most popular band here after all this years, so the argument that GN'R would sell out big venues again doesn't work.

Look, some people think I hate Slash, whatever he does and love Axl whatever he does. I just think he's a limited musician and has some kind of determination to follow an estatic musical style, respecting his own limitations. I like him, I like Velvet Revolver, I like his solo album. But I think it's too limited, he doesn't try anything new. That bothers me. And I think he's a media manipulator, liar.

But what really bothers me, specially in the brazilian boards, are random kids that just discovered Guns N' Roses throw Guitar Hero and appear there saying that "You don't know the real Guns N' Roses", saying that Axl is a dick and Slash rock. It usually takes 1 week to the person to be converted :D

Axl has always been the talent and the soul of the band. He's not only the singer. He mounted the band, he gave the name, he used it to expose his life conflicts (in which song do you think on Slash? What life experience has Slash reflected in ONE song? Slash is only an instrument.) Izzy is another case, he was the other face of the band. People associate GNR to Axl and Slash, but it should be Axl and Izzy. Well, Axl got the name of the band WITH ALL BAND MEMBERS AGREEING (they probably thought they didn't need it). Axl is the owner of the name, there's nothing to discuss here. And about he being the last man standing, he only fired Gilby and Matt. The others left because the only wanted (Duff ilusioned by Slash) and Steven fired by the whole band.

And, today we have the most happy and knit GNR encarnation ever. Tell the truth. The actual member only look like some puppets under the orders of one single oppressive dictator, or they are proud and happy to be there? Compare the faces of members of the Chinese Democracy Tour with the Use Your Illusion Tour. And especially, see Axl satisfaction today.

And, they are far better technically. Stupid people deserve rock n' roll cashgrabbers like AC/DC and KISS. Many guitarists are far better than Angus Young on his school clothes. But the caricature, today more than never, is a reason for adoration by someone who never had anything to admire.

Slash is the one who broke the classic version of the band. Axl wanted to continue with the musical progression Appetite-Illusions, but Slash didn't want and never wanted and will never leave the basic-that-makes-sucess cashgrab rock. Well, regarding Duff, I think Slash convinced him that it would be better if they continued with the style of their biggest sucess (AFD) they would be more sucessful than Axl and would overcome him and his "stubbornness" in progress. Well, the result never really worked. Poor Duff.

I know it must be hard to live with Axl. But it must be even harder to have a musical partner that instead of being authentic prefers to repeat the sucess formula. But the same person left the band searching for fortune and fame. Did he get it? Maybe, but lost a lot of respect. Wanted to turn Guns N' Roses in another AC/DC. You can say that AC/DC is more sucessful than GNR today, and really is, but after you listen to some AC/DC songs, all the other sounds the same. And a band is all about the music. A reunion would ruin it.

It would be a fake thing (and before someone says actual GNR is a fake GNR, a reunion would be even more fake), they would be there for money, to tour the world for 2 years or so and then goodbye. And for what? Just to see Axl playing with Slash, considering that Dj Ashba sounds the same? The fact is that not only Ashba sounds the same, the whole band sounds the same or even better sometimes, but with New GNR we may have the chance to see them releasing new music... and not they playing with the Pussycat Dolls and Justin Bieber.

Fuck reunion.

Edited by ManetsBR

Well, first of all you have to understand that I live in a different reality. Most Guns N' Roses fans here are young, my age, and most of the have my same opinion. Of course, there are all kinds of people, like in any GN'R board. People that prefer the old band, people that just hate the new band for no reason, older people that saw the old band many times, all the kinds, just like any GNR board. But here, most people don't really want a reunion.

It's not that we are against. It's just that we don't really want it because we don't really see the need for one. Guns N' Roses is the most popular band here after all this years, so the argument that GN'R would sell out big venues again doesn't work.

Look, some people think I hate Slash, whatever he does and love Axl whatever he does. I just think he's a limited musician and has some kind of determination to follow an estatic musical style, respecting his own limitations. I like him, I like Velvet Revolver, I like his solo album. But I think it's too limited, he doesn't try anything new. That bothers me. And I think he's a media manipulator, liar.

But what really bothers me, specially in the brazilian boards, are random kids that just discovered Guns N' Roses throw Guitar Hero and appear there saying that "You don't know the real Guns N' Roses", saying that Axl is a dick and Slash rock. It usually takes 1 week to the person to be converted :D

Axl has always been the talent and the soul of the band. He's not only the singer. He mounted the band, he gave the name, he used it to expose his life conflicts (in which song do you think on Slash? What life experience has Slash reflected in ONE song? Slash is only an instrument.) Izzy is another case, he was the other face of the band. People associate GNR to Axl and Slash, but it should be Axl and Izzy. Well, Axl got the name of the band WITH ALL BAND MEMBERS AGREEING (they probably thought they didn't need it). Axl is the owner of the name, there's nothing to discuss here. And about he being the last man standing, he only fired Gilby and Matt. The others left because the only wanted (Duff ilusioned by Slash) and Steven fired by the whole band.

And, today we have the most happy and knit GNR encarnation ever. Tell the truth. The actual member only look like some puppets under the orders of one single oppressive dictator, or they are proud and happy to be there? Compare the faces of members of the Chinese Democracy Tour with the Use Your Illusion Tour. And especially, see Axl satisfaction today.

And, they are far better technically. Stupid people deserve rock n' roll cashgrabbers like AC/DC and KISS. Many guitarists are far better than Angus Young on his school clothes. But the caricature, today more than never, is a reason for adoration by someone who never had anything to admire.

Slash is the one who broke the classic version of the band. Axl wanted to continue with the musical progression Appetite-Illusions, but Slash didn't want and never wanted and will never leave the basic-that-makes-sucess cashgrab rock. Well, regarding Duff, I think Slash convinced him that it would be better if they continued with the style of their biggest sucess (AFD) they would be more sucessful than Axl and would overcome him and his "stubbornness" in progress. Well, the result never really worked. Poor Duff.

I know it must be hard to live with Axl. But it must be even harder to have a musical partner that instead of being authentic prefers to repeat the sucess formula. But the same person left the band searching for fortune and fame. Did he get it? Maybe, but lost a lot of respect. Wanted to turn Guns N' Roses in another AC/DC. You can say that AC/DC is more sucessful than GNR today, and really is, but after you listen to some AC/DC songs, all the other sounds the same. And a band is all about the music. A reunion would ruin it.

It would be a fake thing (and before someone says actual GNR is a fake GNR, a reunion would be even more fake), they would be there for money, to tour the world for 2 years or so and then goodbye. And for what? Just to see Axl playing with Slash, considering that Dj Ashba sounds the same? The fact is that not only Ashba sounds the same, the whole band sounds the same or even better sometimes, but with New GNR we may have the chance to see them releasing new music... and not they playing with the Pussycat Dolls and Justin Bieber.

Fuck reunion.

Nice essay lol

But please don't bash AC/DC - it's very good party music :D . I saw them live last Spring and they were on top form and you could tell that they still are genuinely into it.

EDIT: For the record I do agree with your post

Edited by Jyrgen

Fuck reunion.

I couldn't have said it any better than this. This is also my view of a reunion, case and point, it's not happening.

Slash has been more than willing to meet half way

and gotten nothing in return except to be called a deadly disease

hes taken the blame for many things that went down, has apologized, and repeatedly hails Axl as a great songwriter and frontman

the late starts bother him, its always bothered him

it costs the band money, its inconsiderate for the fans

he doesnt want to budge on that point and he shouldnt have to

because hes absolutely right

It'a called spin, Slash is a master media manipulator.

He's only recently started to take blame and praise Axl, are you forgetting the near decade where he blamed Axl for everything? It's all calculated, Slash is a money grubbing whore who wants a reunion (for the $$$$$), of course he's moderating his views publicly.

Without Slash, GN'R don't appear to having much success when it comes to singles, music videos, or radio air play ;)

Who was it that (supposedly) charged some Russians 1 million for a private gig? oh yeah, Axl Rose! :D