Who plays this solo in I.R.S.?

SlashFinck666

it never changed since it leaked, and that was looong before Ronald was in the band.

what have you smoked tonight Moreblack? IRS leaked version sound different from the album version. Here is the leak of the song http://www.esnips.com/doc/6e78816f-4d9c-462a-8f0c-54f20088a644

He was talking about the solo, which is true. Aside from the '99 leaked version (which had Robin's initial solo in place of what would later be taken over by Buckethead), the versions that leaked in 2005 and 2006 all had the Buckethead solo.

Also, the CD booklet says Buckethead.

The tab book isn't the best to go off for who played what. It says Buckethead played the second half of the main Street of Dreams solo, which is incorrect. He only played the outro solo.

it never changed since it leaked, and that was looong before Ronald was in the band.

what have you smoked tonight Moreblack? IRS leaked version sound different from the album version. Here is the leak of the song http://www.esnips.com/doc/6e78816f-4d9c-462a-8f0c-54f20088a644

He was talking about the solo, which is true. Aside from the '99 leaked version (which had Robin's initial solo in place of what would later be taken over by Buckethead), the versions that leaked in 2005 and 2006 all had the Buckethead solo.

The tab book isn't the best to go off for who played what. It says Buckethead played the second half of the main Street of Dreams solo, which is incorrect. He only played the outro solo.

The second part of the main Street Of Dreams solo sounds like Robin to me, but many here think It's Bucket. We don't really know.

The second part of the main Street Of Dreams solo sounds like Robin to me, but many here think It's Bucket. We don't really know.

It's Robin, it credits the guitar solo(s) for the song in the booklet as "Robin Finck, Buckethead" and not "Robin Finck, Buckethead, Robin Finck" as was the standard on some other tracks that had many solos.

Also, Robin certainly did the whole solo live. Above all else, it's Robin's style and tone all the way.

It's Robin, it credits the guitar solo(s) for the song in the booklet as "Robin Finck, Buckethead" and not "Robin Finck, Buckethead, Robin Finck" as was the standard on some other tracks that had many solos.

Also, Robin certainly did the whole solo live. Above all else, it's Robin's style and tone all the way.

There was a thread about this a while ago, and I insisted It's Robin, as I know his tone, note choices and general style of playing, but as some here said, the booklet is not 100% accurate, and the fact he played it live, doesn't mean he plays it on the album.

Fortus played the Street Of Dreams outro live in '02 while Bucket was still in the band, but it's Bucket in the album version.

There is no proof, but I agree with you it's Robin playing all of the main solo.

There was a thread about this a while ago, and I insisted It's Robin, as I know his tone, note choices and general style of playing, but as some here said, the booklet is not 100% accurate, and the fact he played it live, doesn't mean he plays it on the album.

Fortus played the Street Of Dreams outro live in '02 while Bucket was still in the band, but it's Bucket in the album version.

There is no proof, but I agree with you it's Robin playing all of the main solo.

While you're talking bout SOD heres my version of the solo :)

What model of Les Paul is that???

It looks very similar to mine in finsh which I havn't seen often.

Mine is a 2003 standard (i've made a few minor mods).

Not got a decent vid really with high quality visual but this will give you idea:

l_b7039ccf58844e4f9a718e6b9f40caff.jpg

l_207159d905ad44fc9b915a1aeae1d22b.jpg

RE: who plays what - I made a post about this before:

Dont pm me for the rest of the song, this is only 40-50 seconds worth but is some of my favourite guitar work from any song from any gnr album.

Its S.O.D the outro with just Axls vocals and guitar, its fucking heaven, and is the best 50 seconds from any gnr album in my opinion.

That is sick.

Who is it playing guitar though? It's something I've always wondered. The credits for this song in the CD booklet/the tab book are a bit ambiguous. The book says the solos of the song are by Robin/Bucket. I thought this was always correct. But then the tab book credits the main solo to Robin and then the second half of it to Bucket (the wah section). This is definitely wrong - the first/main solo is all Robin. The tab book then doesn't credit this final solo under the vocals. Classic Rock once said it's Fortus. Like I say I always thought it was Bucket but on closer listening there are some phrases that are "typical" Fortus. And he always plays lead at this part live. Before he was in the band there was no lead guitar at this part in live versions - even at RiR 2001 were Bucket is playing electric. I guess Bucket could have came up with the part after 2001 as the song did change quite a bit. At Boston 2002 Bucket is playing acoustic and Fortus plays some lead at this sectionthough. It's mostly improv and not exactly like the record however.

Yeah I've thought about this a lot hahaha!!! It's just strange as it seems to be most likely to be Richard but the book doesn't credit him and otherwise the booklet credits are quite comprehensive.

Hey MJG im glad you like it, I would of said bucket but upon listening to it again, and hearing some of the bends, Im not convinced its b, I think its actually Richard.

Definately not Robin, so weve narrowed it down to 2 hehe but Im pretty sure its Ricahrd :xmassrudolph:

What model of Les Paul is that???

It looks very similar to mine in finsh which I havn't seen often.

Mine is a 2003 standard (i've made a few minor mods).

Not got a decent vid really with high quality visual but this will give you idea:

l_b7039ccf58844e4f9a718e6b9f40caff.jpg

l_207159d905ad44fc9b915a1aeae1d22b.jpg

RE: who plays what - I made a post about this before:

Dont pm me for the rest of the song, this is only 40-50 seconds worth but is some of my favourite guitar work from any song from any gnr album.

Its S.O.D the outro with just Axls vocals and guitar, its fucking heaven, and is the best 50 seconds from any gnr album in my opinion.

That is sick.

Who is it playing guitar though? It's something I've always wondered. The credits for this song in the CD booklet/the tab book are a bit ambiguous. The book says the solos of the song are by Robin/Bucket. I thought this was always correct. But then the tab book credits the main solo to Robin and then the second half of it to Bucket (the wah section). This is definitely wrong - the first/main solo is all Robin. The tab book then doesn't credit this final solo under the vocals. Classic Rock once said it's Fortus. Like I say I always thought it was Bucket but on closer listening there are some phrases that are "typical" Fortus. And he always plays lead at this part live. Before he was in the band there was no lead guitar at this part in live versions - even at RiR 2001 were Bucket is playing electric. I guess Bucket could have came up with the part after 2001 as the song did change quite a bit. At Boston 2002 Bucket is playing acoustic and Fortus plays some lead at this sectionthough. It's mostly improv and not exactly like the record however.

Yeah I've thought about this a lot hahaha!!! It's just strange as it seems to be most likely to be Richard but the book doesn't credit him and otherwise the booklet credits are quite comprehensive.

Hey MJG im glad you like it, I would of said bucket but upon listening to it again, and hearing some of the bends, Im not convinced its b, I think its actually Richard.

Definately not Robin, so weve narrowed it down to 2 hehe but Im pretty sure its Ricahrd :xmassrudolph:

its just a 2004 standard dude very similar to yours

Edited by SlashFinck666

Hey guys this is my version of the 2nd IRS solo and people are arguing on my page as to who plays it can someone please tell was it Buckethead or Bumblefoot?Sounds like BH to me :)

Learn the tap/sweep lick at the end, lazy ass :lol:

theres a sweep in the tab but no tap dude

Then the tab is wrong. Bucket (who plays the solo to answer the question) taps briefly with one finger and then sweeps with another.

Listen to it slowed down and isolated.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dklyV0p5Tk1veE0wTVE9PQ

There is a tap in the last lick.

Edited by AxlisOld

Hey guys this is my version of the 2nd IRS solo and people are arguing on my page as to who plays it can someone please tell was it Buckethead or Bumblefoot?Sounds like BH to me :)

Learn the tap/sweep lick at the end, lazy ass :lol:

theres a sweep in the tab but no tap dude

Then the tab is wrong. Bucket (who plays the solo to answer the question) taps briefly with one finger and then sweeps with another.

Listen to it slowed down and isolated.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dklyV0p5Tk1veE0wTVE9PQ

There is a tap in the last lick.

hey why dont u record to show me how to play it lol :)