"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

anyone debating the merit, or axl's chances in this case is a fucking mongoloid. lawfirms don't sue companies as powerful as activision on the off chance that they might win, or that their claim just might hold up in court - activision breached the contract and as a result is liable to be sued, since they did breach the contract they will be paying $20 million to our friend Axl.

"hey axl man, so you wanna give that activision lawsuit a shot? its a 50/50 chance we'll win and if we don't you're looking at millions of dollars in legal fees, costly court proceedings that could possibly drag on for years, and if we do lose you might be liable to a counter-suit. so what do ya say, wanna give it a shot? one last hoorah?"

It's a moot point, slash is not being sued,Activision is,and the reason is not for money,it's for thier blatant misuse and contractual obligations that were intentionally misused and abused,what is so difficult to comprehend that this is in no way about money,it's about drawing a line in the sand and standing up for what you believe in, to some people integrity still matters.

If it is not about the money why 20 million. Why not sue for principal and legal fees. Or better yet make a statement now that if the suit is won the money will go to the poor. There are valid arguments on both sides here but come on is all about the money.

No, unfortunately a slap on the wrist would not suffice to quell Activision from further actions like this,so you hit them where it hurts,in the pocketbook,the legal firm knows this and is proceeding with punitive damages because of contract contradictions on Activision's part,which were openly perpetrated, this action doesn't come as a surprise,it was mentioned a while back that it would have to be sorted out.

Why doesn't Axl donate to charity, he could use the help with his image. Oh, that's right, because it is about the money.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone debating the merit, or axl's chances in this case is a fucking mongoloid. lawfirms don't sue companies as powerful as activision on the off chance that they might win, or that their claim just might hold up in court - activision breached the contract and as a result is liable to be sued, since they did breach the contract they will be paying $20 million to our friend Axl.

"hey axl man, so you wanna give that activision lawsuit a shot? its a 50/50 chance we'll win and if we don't you're looking at millions of dollars in legal fees, costly court proceedings that could possibly drag on for years, and if we do lose you might be liable to a counter-suit. so what do ya say, wanna give it a shot? one last hoorah?"

You call someone stupid and then use a term like mongoloid. Mongoloid is an insentive and outdated term. While some of us are trying to get over the fear of Axl's all powerful law firm why don't you attempt to try and get some social education.

Mongoloid was probably a mistake, the categories are idiot,imbecile and moron,feel free to choose the one that most describes your IQ, and what does it matter if Axl is listed as a client? That is not misleading in any way.

It's sad and shows alot about your mentality that you cannot have a discussion without calling someone names. And for the record I never said anything about Axl being listed as a client anywhere.

I did not call anyone any names,I simply listed the correct categories,and the client remark was aimed at another post, was addressing two points with one post. :D

You call someone stupid and then use a term like mongoloid. Mongoloid is an insentive and outdated term. While some of us are trying to get over the fear of Axl's all powerful law firm why don't you attempt to try and get some social education.

Mongoloid was probably a mistake, the categories are idiot,imbecile and moron,feel free to choose the one that most describes your IQ, and what does it matter if Axl is listed as a client? That is not misleading in any way.

It's sad and shows alot about your mentality that you cannot have a discussion without calling someone names. And for the record I never said anything about Axl being listed as a client anywhere.

No, you may want to brush up those reading skills,I did not call anyone anything,I simply listed the correct categories in IQ deficiencies, The client comment was aimed at another post,I was multitasking :D

I hate Activision and hope they get screwed bad!

They aren't getting screwed. I'll post a whole thread tomorrow going through items #1 - #85 (this lawsuit doesn't have much substance). I'll explain exactly how Activision can defeat Rose.

I'm sure Activision is holding thier breath waiting for this forum miracle post to solve their problem,wonder how much they will pay you? How exciting! :lol:

Who can blame Axl in this case though? I mean, if you guys were rich off your tits; wouldn't you also try to sue left and right? It's a good business to make money.

Especially if your muse is gone :(

Muse isn't gone they were on the AMAs,Seriously Inspiration can come from a multitude of places it is not limited to one person or situation,creativity is not that limited.

Next thing you know Axl will be suing Slash for wearing the tophat claiming it "is Guns N Roses property".

This is seriously pathetic, even for Axl.

Your glory days are over pal, everybody in the music industry knows it.

Sure,that is why they are selling out venues on tour, and you act like slash invented the damn tophat, look up Marc Bolan and Mr. Peanut :lol:

I don't know... :(

Man, I just wish Axl could let go of the Slash thing. Life's too fucking short. The whole Axl vs. Slash (yes I understand that he's not suing Slash, but that is what appears to be at the heart of much of Axl's anger) crap just tarnishes and takes away from what should be a great R&R legacy, current lineup included. I love and respect the Rose, but sometimes you just gotta be open to healing your wounds and moving on, bro. Canter is right. You guys do need a marriage counselor, but not to reunite old Guns, just so you fuckers can move on...

Next thing you know Axl will be suing Slash for wearing the tophat claiming it "is Guns N Roses property".

This is seriously pathetic, even for Axl.

Your glory days are over pal, everybody in the music industry knows it.

Sure,that is why they are selling out venues on tour, and you act like slash invented the damn tophat, look up Marc Bolan and Mr. Peanut :lol:

Sounds like you have shit for brains. Get some english lessons pal, then you might actually understand what you read instead of second-guessing and making false assumptions.

Exploits prior assocation with Slash? I wonder if Slash has the same issue with San Andreas? That game had Axl Rose doing voice-overs and has Welcome to the Jungle on it. C'mon Axl you can't need money that bad.....

axl is in guns n roses.

Legally, Axl may be 100% in the right. This still makes him look like an asshole though. Slash is always going tom be associated with WTTJ, and Guitar Hero was smart enough to know that practically no one would be waiting in line to play as DJ Ashba. Telling them they can't offer VR tracks as downloads makes him look even worse, as if he's afraid of the competition.

Yeah, pretty much. It's the fact that he singles out the whole Slash-imagery thing that makes it seem like sour grapes more than a case of real legal concern. You can't really control pop culture - no matter how long it's been since he was in the band, that's always the band Slash is gonna be known for to most people, and it just seems silly to me to attack that.

its 100% sour grapes.

I can understand why Axl didn't want pictures of slash. I can't understand why he didn't want images of the new band.

As the majority owner of “brand GN'R” Axl's entitled to oppose (in terms of GN'R) whatever he so wishes. He required that no “Slash related imagery, previous GN'R incarnation imagery, or indeed present GN'R incarnation imagery” be used if Guitar Hero wished to incorporate his brand's signature song in their franchise (was it really that difficult an agreement to uphold?). He obviously has his reasoning for making such a requirement.

If I was in Axl's position I'd oppose Slash imagery because it furthers the warped perception of what presently is Guns N' Roses. Slash's association with GN'R ended in 1996 therefore why (nearly two line-ups later) should a video game depicting a GN'R song involve a Slash avatar? I would also oppose present Guns N' Roses imagery being used because I have a sense of integrity and therefore am mature enough to understand that “Jungle” was written and recorded by a different band and that confusing “Jungle” with the new band would only undermine the project I'm trying to develop. I can't imagine I'm too far off Axl's thought process really.

Best post of the thread. Axl actually did something out of respect to slash and the old band by not having the new band's images featured.......yet the slash-lovers are still bashing axl. Its unbelievable how closeminded some of you people are. Such fanboys that you can't look at a situation logically and without automatically calling axl the villian.

I hate Activision and hope they get screwed bad!

They aren't getting screwed. I'll post a whole thread tomorrow going through items #1 - #85 (this lawsuit doesn't have much substance). I'll explain exactly how Activision can defeat Rose.

I'm sure Activision is holding thier breath waiting for this forum miracle post to solve their problem,wonder how much they will pay you? How exciting! :lol:

Shut the fuck up for one second. It'll be much more enlightening than anything you've posted in this thread.

Activision/Blizzard is one of the biggest video game publishers in the world and publicly owned; this isn't some sheisty tour manager, Azoff, or Merck. What kind of business is going to rely on simple bate and switches as the basis of one of their largest title's promotional campaign? Sure, it was probably low-down deception, some how they altered their aura-emissions and duped Beta, but I would be shocked if this stood on any meat-and-bones contractual issues. Maybe what the Axl camp was told might have conflicted, but nothing that is going to stand up in the court of law.

but, if i did have to pick something to go hmmmm about, its the inclusion of a

msc_2010_10_15_guns_n_roses_thumb-64x64.jpg

sticker with the game.

Slash designed that logo.

I hope activision gave him a wheelbarrow of cash to use it.

Axl came up with the name. I hope Activision give the $20 million to Axl.

Edited by RocketKing99

Best post of the thread. Axl actually did something out of respect to slash and the old band by not having the new band's images featured.......yet the slash-lovers are still bashing axl. Its unbelievable how closeminded some of you people are. Such fanboys that you can't look at a situation logically and without automatically calling axl the villian.

You're almost as bad as the guy Apollo that used to post here. I re-read your post omitting everything except the nouns and it makes much more sense:

Post. Thread. Axl. Something. Respect. Slash. Band. Images. Slash-lovers. Axl. It. People. Fanboys. You. Situation. Axl. Villain.

I wonder when Axl is going to police all the Buckethead online stores that refrain from mentioning the fact that Buckethead is no longer in Guns N' Roses.

I actually hope for the day Buckethead will sue Axl for continuing to use his image and likeness on the facebook page.

'Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is suing Activision for $20 million, claiming the publisher breached an agreement not to use the likeness of former guitarist Slash in Guitar Hero III.'

What the f*ck is Axl up to? other than a ca$h grab :D

..go and make another album.

Activison worked with Slash, and I don't see Slash complaining?

Slash made Welcome to the Jungle what it is..

..and Axl continues to use the song to promote his 'cover' band.

Maybe Slash should sue Axl for exploying a guitarist (Dj A.) that attempts to imitate (Slash) :D

Edited by star

'Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is suing Activision for $20 million, claiming the publisher breached an agreement not to use the likeness of former guitarist Slash in Guitar Hero III.'

What the f*ck is Axl up to? other than a ca$h grab :D

..go and make another album.

Activison worked with Slash, and I don't see Slash complaining?

Slash made Welcome to the Jungle what it is..

..and Axl continues to use the song to promote his 'cover' band.

Maybe Slash should sue Axl for exploying a guitarist (Dj A.) that attempts to imitate (Slash) :D

he obviously has two problems

1.slash

2.promoting slash as part of guns n' roses, which is misleading.

i think he has a point. if you dont agree with him, you should at least be able to see where the guy is coming from.

lots of naysayers objected to this picture popping up in ads, its pretty misleading, i agree. but i think the slash / GHiii is just the other side of that same coin.

guns_n_roses.jpg

Edited by Jackie Moon