Axl's voice now

Vincent Vega

His voice was much stronger in pre 1994. Anyone who doesn't believe that is flat out lying.

I agree. Some of it may be due to age but I blame conditioning. In the early 90's, Axl was in marathon runners shape. The dude probably had less then 5% body fat. These days it seems like he just doesn't care to stay that healthy which has obviously had it's toll on the wind pipes.

Edited by Nintari

Axl's 2010 voice has less range than before, because he can mainly sing with a "normal" non-raspy voice or just full of rasp, no clean high-notes singing like he could for instance in 2006. His raspy voice from the 90's, especially 93 sounded awful to me - pretty much of the time like a screeching cat.

His current raspy voice is very much different from anything from the past, it's kinda of an evolution. Vintage voice. :shades:

Axl's 2010 voice has less range than before, because he can mainly sing with a "normal" non-raspy voice or just full of rasp, no clean high-notes singing like he could for instance in 2006. His raspy voice from the 90's, especially 93 sounded awful to me - pretty much of the time like a screeching cat.

His current raspy voice is very much different from anything from the past, it's kinda of an evolution. Vintage voice. :shades:

Seriously? So you listen to AFD, UYI, TSI and think, Axl's voice is terrible?

My favourite voice is on the Don't Cry demo.. just amazing...

Second favourite is Patience at the Grammy's

Third is the UYI tour... Most of Tokyo (especially Rocket Queen, because he is squeezing every last possible note out of him for the entire last section.), Argentina, and Paris.

edit: his voice now is the best it has been since UYI era, except there are some notes in his mid range that he just cannot not hit on pitch. They are notes that should be easy to hit.. so strange... Especially in the first verse of This I Love. I blame the entire voice spectacle on the in ear monitors.

Edited by zepsun

His voice is fuckin' killer now..it sounds like the 90's and the 80's morphed into one. The 90's was all rasp and the 80's had a more melodic high pitch to it and he sounds even better now...Axl is fuckin awesome..I saw Guns in Toronto last January..and they were fuckin' awesome Listen for yourself..Best Knockin of the whole tour...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvFi15J_AuA

Or if ya just wanna listen to the audio because its better quality

Edited by BakerGNR

I really like the 1999/Live Era voice. He could go super high without going into Mickey Mouse range, he could do really deep and gravelly, very soulful. I think the only songs with 1999 vocals that made it to CD was Madagascar and maybe IRS. But I really like it and wish he could have kept that going forward.