Guns N' Roses to "lay some tracks" on Facebook

ManetsBR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to be pessimistic or truly optimistic... It's a little too vague to read into... But of course, there's nothing else going on other than Steven Adler and Slash promoting their albums... So in that case this becomes big news, lol.

But heck this kind of could be big news, depending on how you look at it.

Best Case scenario: They begin to stream remixes and or unreleased remixes through Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. Release them for free download on their website, and follow the grass roots revival the Smashing Pumpkins have got going. Sell limited edition physical copies.... I think the majority of Gn'R fans are lured by a physical copy of Chinese Democracy. We've heard about the leaks forever... the whole "I'll believe it exists when it's in my hand." mentality. IMO, it would probably generate just as many sales as a poorly promoted CD 1.

Worst case scenario: This Facebook message falls into the obscurity of all the nonsensical rumors that the media creates... And we don't hear about this ever again.

Edited by doakes

Just a piece of info, for what it's worth :

Ron has announced through his forum that he's going to be releasing some music soon however only one song at the time because he won't have the time to work on a real album from now on and because touring won't allow him to sit in a studio for days to mix and master everything. His friend Q*Ball also mentionned that in an interview last week so it looks like it's gonna be a busy year for Ron as regards GnR.

Either there is a LONG tour scheduled or something is supposed to take place after they are done with it.

Just my two cents.

It's hard to be pessimistic or truly optimistic... It's a little too vague to read into... But of course, there's nothing else going on other than Steven Adler and Slash promoting their albums... So in that case this becomes big news, lol.

But heck this kind of could be big news, depending on how you look at it.

Best Case scenario: They begin to stream remixes and or unreleased remixes through Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. Release them for free download on their website, and follow the grass roots revival the Smashing Pumpkins have got going. Sell limited edition physical copies.... I think the majority of Gn'R fans are lured by a physical copy of Chinese Democracy. We've heard about the leaks forever... the whole "I'll believe it exists when it's in my hand." mentality. IMO, it would probably generate just as many sales as a poorly promoted CD 1.

Worst case scenario: This Facebook message falls into the obscurity of all the nonsensical rumors that the media creates... And we don't hear about this ever again.

..don't quit the day job :tongue2:

Just a piece of info, for what it's worth :

Ron has announced through his forum that he's going to be releasing some music soon however only one song at the time because he won't have the time to work on a real album from now on and because touring won't allow him to sit in a studio for days to mix and master everything. His friend Q*Ball also mentionned that in an interview last week so it looks like it's gonna be a busy year for Ron as regards GnR.

Either there is a LONG tour scheduled or something is supposed to take place after they are done with it.

Just my two cents.

Niceeeee.

Don't worry guys!

In some 10/14 years we'll get another album!

Maybe some of us are still alive!

<_<

:rofl-lol:

and it will be the best record ever put out in the next 14 years, since as we can see

rock bands now days tend to bend over for music corporation and sing radio friendly songs...

that's why I like Chinese Democracy album so much, because it's not popular on radio stations,

as TV couldn't help it anyway without and videos,

and that's the second great thing about this album and about GNR!!!

rock n' roll attitude man -

I'll give what I want to give whenever the fuck I want to, and not when the rest of the world asks it from me!

And I'll take whatever the fuck I want to take, when I want to, and not when the rest of the world tells me to take it!

I want to hear the record lol

yeap. at least 30 new songs! double album man!

com'on GNR, just shake this fucking planet with yet another double album! especially because you already did it with UYI I and II.

I think that the shock of the critics will be immense, and they'll bash GNR just for that, for repeating their on history. :rofl-lol:

and it will be like exactly 20 years since the release of UYI I, II.

that would be like mind blowing for everybody.

I would love to see it coming out like that! rock3 in spite of all odds and in spite of everyone who trashes GNR

doubt it, they'll probably upload Welcome To The Jungle and Sweet Child O Mine, maybe Paradise City

what shall we do with a bitch like you?

:lol:

Appropriate Silkworms reference!

so one of the tracks that's going to pop up in Facebook is Silkworms....

doubt it, they'll probably upload Welcome To The Jungle and Sweet Child O Mine, maybe Paradise City

would rather have Jungle SCOM or PC.

would rather have Jungle SCOM or PC.

All the 3 songs are better, but we all have them. Silkworms please.

I hope to god it is better then what was on the last album.

I hope too, since Chinese democracy rules, an even better album would be fuckin' fantastic! :kiss:

I hope too, since Chinese democracy rules, an even better album would be fuckin' fantastic! :kiss:

Better than Chinese Democracy? The last album is hard to beat, if the new one is better it will indeed be fantastic.

Hello Volcano, I can't stand this guy or George gas, Why are they here?

Why aren't they gone, their posts are less intelligent than a pussy full of maggots :lol:

I hope to god you don't plan on posting more than twice, is this Madison or BBA?