Axl and Slash team up to prevent Guns N' Roses' songs being used in Glee

yes i love you

I know this is a couple days old, those of you that read Slash`s interview

But Kerrang are running the story online and in their mag - heres their take:

Slash says that Guns N' Roses have snubbed the hit TV show Glee.

In an interview with Entertainment Weeky, the former GN'R guitarist reveals that he and frontman Axl Rose were approached by the team behind the Golden Globe award-winning musical show in order to secure permission to base a forthcoming episode around the legendary rockers' hits.

But don't expect to see Finn, Puck or Rachel belting out classics like Paradise City or It's So Easy anytime soon, though.

"We got asked about that once already but it got turned down," says Slash. "I draw the line at Glee. Glee is worse than Grease and Grease [was] bad enough. When Grease came out, I was like, 'Oh, c'mon, give me a break!'.

"Actually, I look at Grease now and think, between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art," he adds.

Ouch. Guns N' Roses are not the only rock band to brush off the William McKinley High School choir.

As previously reported, Red Hot Chili Peppers blocked the U.S. show from using their music.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2011/01/glee_is_worse_than_grease.html

Some Kerrang Readers comments:

Who does this guy think he is??? Some sort of awesome world wide famous guitarist or summit???

Grease is awesome!

Posted by CJ | January 19, 2011 8:47 AM | Reply to this

Thank God. Well done G N' R.

Posted by Matty | January 19, 2011 9:05 AM | Reply to this

thank fuck, i would fucking kill myself if i heard those wankers singing Sweet Child O' Mine. They've already butchered Journey and Kiss, give it a rest already.

Posted by Greg | January 19, 2011 9:33 AM | Reply to this

thank god for that! glee is shit! if only paramore had done the same...

Posted by shannen | January 19, 2011 9:34 AM | Reply to this

thank god that didn't happen i would have died a bit inside. Glee is shit i don't want them to ruin any more of my all time favourites.

Posted by Connor | January 19, 2011 9:41 AM | Reply to this

thank god that didn't happen i would have died a bit inside. Glee is shit i don't want them to ruin any more of my all time favourites.

Posted by Connor | January 19, 2011 9:42 AM | Reply to this

Thank god that didn't happen i would have died a bit inside. Glee is shit i don't want them to ruin any more of my all time favourites.

Posted by Connor | January 19, 2011 9:42 AM | Reply to this

Too damn right!

Posted by Paul | January 19, 2011 11:21 AM | Reply to this

Oh for fuck sake, glee is a good programme, but some people may not want their music on the show. Even though if people hear Guns and Roses songs on glee they might listen to them more, and they may be back at the top of the charts! Just saying...

Posted by Natalie | January 19, 2011 11:48 AM | Reply to this

Slash you legend, i just wish Van Halen, Kiss, Bon Jovi, ACDC and all other bands with songs that Glee have raped would have the same mind as you, and also Axl lol,

Also Grease is a shit film lol

Posted by Steve | January 19, 2011 11:49 AM | Reply to this

Oh for fuck sake, glee is a good programme, but some people may not want their music on the show. Even though if people hear Guns and Roses songs on glee they might listen to them more, and they may be back at the top of the charts! Just saying...

Posted by Natalie | January 19, 2011 11:51 AM | Reply to this

If their music went on glee, they might fucking see the charts again, Its a good programme!

Posted by Natalie | January 19, 2011 11:51 AM | Reply to this

Yeah, but no.

Edited by yes i love you

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should have let the show use their songs. Good exposure; I fail to see how this is different then allowing their songs to be used in a video game or a movie.

Do they look down upon the audience that watch the show? It's the same people that play rock band, go to movies, and come to their concerts.

I think they should have let the show use their songs. Good exposure; I fail to see how this is different then allowing their songs to be used in a video game or a movie.

Do they look down upon the audience that watch the show? It's the same people that play rock band, go to movies, and come to their concerts.

I agree with you on this one.

I don't see the big deal? It's free exposure. They'll probably get paid for it + more people will buy albums, become fans, maybe go to see some GN'R or Slash concerts. I understand Slash for not liking the show, because I don't like it either, but it's still free advertisement.

more like the same people who have slumber parties and paint eachothers nails...

can you just.. agree with the majority for once? i know its totally uncool and not edgy, but come on, Glee is horrendous

it isn't like GNR needs exposure, anybody who hasn't already heard of them can figure them out without fucking Glee

Edited by sweetness

I think the difference is that Glee would be re-working the song, something they don't want done. In the likes of Rock Band/Guitar Hero/movies, it's always the original version. Other than that, it's pretty much the same thing, and definately good exposure. If they don't want Sweet Child O' Mine or Paradise City re-worked and autotuned for a 2011 audience, I don't blame them for blocking their use.

I've never really watched Glee other than the part Neil Patrick Harris was in.

more like the same people who have slumber parties and paint eachothers nails...

can you just.. agree with the majority for once? i know its totally uncool and not edgy, but come on, Glee is horrendous

it isn't like GNR needs exposure, anybody who hasn't already heard of them can figure them out without fucking Glee

Who is the majority that share this opinion? Glee isn't to bad, and from looking at the ratings alot people seem to agree.

Anyway, I like how Slash didn't even give a reason for not leting the producers use a couple of songs...he just started talking about grease, which he said he thought was uncool, but over time....he realized it was brilliant. <_< Kinda ironic in away.

Hmm.

If Slash had said yes then everybody would be calling him a sell-out and whore much like Paradis Shitty with Fergie and Cypress Hill or w/e....

If anybody wants to hear what Glee's SCOM sounds like, I guess it would be something like the acapella SCOM in "Stepbrothers"

Isn't "Glee" supposed to be a campy show?

Axl professed his love for Chistina Aguilera, Duff got backstage at a Justin Bieber concert to impress his daughters, and my opinion is Slash whored out far worse by playing the Michael Jackson gig 10 years ago than allowing a TV show to cover their songs. They'll just go to Motley Crue and get them to contribute.

Isn't "Glee" supposed to be a campy show?

Axl professed his love for Chistina Aguilera, Duff got backstage at a Justin Bieber concert to impress his daughters, and my opinion is Slash whored out far worse by playing the Michael Jackson gig 10 years ago than allowing a TV show to cover their songs. They'll just go to Motley Crue and get them to contribute.

Michael Jackson is a fucking legend.