Axl and Slash team up to prevent Guns N' Roses' songs being used in Glee

yes i love you

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardee har har! Even this dude who creates glee (tbh - i have no fucking clue what he does) hates on Slash!

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash also turned down the "Glee" licensing request and described the show as "worse than 'Grease,' and 'Grease' is bad enough." Murphy responded by saying that people like Slash "who make those comments, their careers are over; they're uneducated and quite stupid."

http://www.billboard.com/news/kings-of-leon-to-glee-s-ryan-murphy-go-see-1005012762.story#/news/kings-of-leon-to-glee-s-ryan-murphy-go-see-1005012762.story

Hardee har har! Even this dude who creates glee (tbh - i have no fucking clue what he does) hates on Slash!

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash also turned down the "Glee" licensing request and described the show as "worse than 'Grease,' and 'Grease' is bad enough." Murphy responded by saying that people like Slash "who make those comments, their careers are over; they're uneducated and quite stupid."

http://www.billboard.com/news/kings-of-leon-to-glee-s-ryan-murphy-go-see-1005012762.story#/news/kings-of-leon-to-glee-s-ryan-murphy-go-see-1005012762.story

Yes, we should all sell our soul's so we can sell music to 12 year old girls. What a TOOL!!!

Yes, we should all sell our soul's so we can sell music to 12 year old girls. What a TOOL!!!

That guy is a complete asshole! He thinks his show is actually IMPORTANT and is shocked when someone turns him down. To call Slash stupid and uneducated for not wanting a bunch of prepubescent jerks going auto-tune karaoke on his classic songs? Oh, please.

If slashs career was over he'd be begging for glee

What a stupid statement from the glee guy

He's a drama queen throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his way. He did it to Kings Of Leon too.

And now he's wrapped himself with the gay and lesbian rights martyr flag in the name of Arts & Education... :rolleyes:

A simple, professional comment would've been appropriate from Slash, along the lines of "I don't want GNR music to be used in Glee as I am not myself a fan of the show but I appreciate the offer" but the fact that he went on and insulted it again and again shows incredible immaturity to me.

The Kings of Leon drummer? comment was clearly un-homophobic though, 'Homophobic' and 'Racist' are two words that are thrown around too easily nowadays.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

A simple, professional comment would've been appropriate from Slash

same goes for the Glee drama queen.

There was nothing wrong with the comments by Slash. He said what most normal people think of that rubbish anyway.

The Glee guy was embarassed and what do people do in that situation? Reply in temper without thinking it through making a tit of themselves in the process.

OH YEAH? Well Slash is just jealous that he doesn't sound as good on teh auto tuned as our Lea Michelle LULZ

Slash 1

Glee 0

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

A simple, professional comment would've been appropriate from Slash

same goes for the Glee drama queen.

There was nothing wrong with the comments by Slash. He said what most normal people think of that rubbish anyway.

The Glee guy was embarassed and what do people do in that situation? Reply in temper without thinking it through making a tit of themselves in the process.

OH YEAH? Well Slash is just jealous that he doesn't sound as good on teh auto tuned as our Lea Michelle LULZ

Slash 1

Glee 0

Agreed!

You go Slash! about time somebody told them the truth! :thumbsup:

I just find it incredibly hypocritical that he criticizes Glee after working with Rihanna, she is one of the worst singers in the music industry. I hate Glee but some of them are good singers, just because you hate the show is no reason to discredit the actors/actresses vocal ability.

Ryan Murphy is a prick who screams homophobia when it isn't present but his comment was no worse than Slashs.

I just find it incredibly hypocritical that he criticizes Glee after working with Rihanna, she is one of the worst singers in the music industry. I hate Glee but some of them are good singers, just because you hate the show is no reason to discredit the actors/actresses vocal ability.

Ryan Murphy is a prick who screams homophobia when it isn't present but his comment was no worse than Slashs.

I agree that Rihanna is terrible and belongs to a group of manufactured fake crap etc etc but its the whole image and concept of Glee and what it stands for. Its one of those things where people jump on the bandwagon because its cool to like it.

I'm not going to dispute the Glee cast's singing ability, but its not really about that.

Taking it from Slashs point of view, both Rihanna and Fergie have that 'edgy' image (well edgy to their target audience anyway) and you can understand why Slash would work with people like that.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I agree that Rihanna is terrible and belongs to a group of manufactured fake crap etc etc but its the whole image and concept of Glee and what it stands for. Its one of those things where people jump on the bandwagon because its cool to like it.

I'm not going to dispute the Glee cast's singing ability, but its not really about that.

Taking it from Slashs point of view, both Rihanna and Fergie have that 'edgy' image (well edgy to their target audience anyway) and you can understand why Slash would work with people like that.

I completely understand about Glee, I don't like it very much either or the fact that a lot of 'Gleeks' seem oblivious to the original artists of songs used in the programme. To me, it just seems like he's saying this for attention, like working with the aforementioned 'artists'. It's seems to me like it's all for his personal gain.

I mean Axl said no but he didn't start talking about how Glee is worse than Grease/High School Musical, saying no is message enough.

Regarding their edginess, Rihanna is known for having an (apparently) edgy wardrobe not music, which Slash claims is important to him (unless he's secretly a fashion lover). They're both quite 'loose' it seems so maybe that was a part of the deal.

I completely understand about Glee, I don't like it very much either or the fact that a lot of 'Gleeks' seem oblivious to the original artists of songs used in the programme. To me, it just seems like he's saying this for attention, like working with the aforementioned 'artists'. It's seems to me like it's all for his personal gain.

I mean Axl said no but he didn't start talking about how Glee is worse than Grease/High School Musical, saying no is message enough.

Regarding their edginess, Rihanna is known for having an (apparently) edgy wardrobe not music, which Slash claims is important to him (unless he's secretly a fashion lover). They're both quite 'loose' it seems so maybe that was a part of the deal.

Yeah Axl handled it better but we got a laugh from Slash.

I know to us Rihanna is all image etc but her music is said to have a slight rock influence. Some of it can be quite 'hard' and 'heavy'. Not to our standards like I said but to her tween audience or whoever the hell she appeals to.

I can still see how Slash would seperate Glee from working with Rihanna from the public image perspective.

Yeah Axl handled it better but we got a laugh from Slash.

I know to us Rihanna is all image etc but her music is said to have a slight rock influence. Some of it can be quite 'hard' and 'heavy'. Not to our standards like I said but to her tween audience or whoever the hell she appeals to.

I can still see how Slash would seperate Glee from working with Rihanna from the public image perspective.

I see what you mean maybe it's bad personal experience, I've just had very mind numbing conversations with Rihanna fans (I mentioned Mick Jagger and this girl said "Isn't that the guy from the Kesha video" :anger:) and they also seem to think any song featuring an electric guitar is automatically 'rock'.

Saying that, Rated R was a decent album, I still wouldn't class it as edgy but as you say, we're exposed to 'heavier' music than that.

I suppose I can see how he would separate them too but when all I hear at school is how 'awesome', 'talented' or 'amazing' Rihanna and her music is, it annoys me. I think I would've respected Slash more to work talented popular artists like... well I guess Rihanna and Fergie were the best options. Shows how bad mainstream music is I s'pose.

But back to the original topic, Glee=awful. I'll just shut up now.

I hate the musical aspects of glee. In between the songs there are some funny moments, but its not worth putting up with a bunch of people lipsynching to a shitty pre-recorded cover song that doesn't hold a candle to the original.

I agree with those who thinks that all these crap, like High School Musical, American Idol and all this pop stuff that are being launched on market, are a fuckin' disease that spreads like dust in the wind among this generation of teenagers, and it'll prevails while the industry of music (producers and managers) is sure about how much profit they'll get with this. But I also agree with the idea that's a song of the older rock bands might be used and remembered on this kind of circus, 'cause these stuff, liking it or not, are under the main spotlights of media. So these shit programs can be used to remember the forgotten great bands and songs and introduce to this kids what music really is, and maybe the market could reopen a door tho rock itself.

I agree with those who thinks that all these crap, like High School Musical, American Idol and all this pop stuff that are being launched on market, are a fuckin' disease that spreads like dust in the wind among this generation of teenagers, and it'll prevails while the industry of music (producers and managers) is sure about how much profit they'll get with this. But I also agree with the idea that's a song of the older rock bands might be used and remembered on this kind of circus, 'cause these stuff, liking it or not, are under the main spotlights of media. So these shit programs can be used to remember the forgotten great bands and songs and introduce to this kids what music really is, and maybe the market could reopen a door tho rock itself.

At first I didn't get where you were comin' from, but then the all bold text jumped out at me and drove it home.

Right on, bro... rock3 rock3 rock3 :xmassrudolph:

Edited by Turn_It_Up