GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Says He's Been 'Impatiently Waiting' For U.S. Tour

The Black

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like this is frustrating everyone except for Axl. I suppose as long as they do something productive it shouldn't matter but what is the reasoning for waiting until the last minute to tell your bandmates that a tour is actually happening?

Just curious, but how do we really know this isn't frustrating at all for Axl?

Ali

Because it's always his call. Why would he be frustrated?

This part of the interview doesn't fit the Slash narrative.

Delete it now, heretic scum, or face the Inquisitors. If you like the new band, you should spend your life in fucking jail!

... :rofl-lol:

Oh, please

yeah, that was kinda limp...

You're being played.

This band is such a joke.

Once there was this rock n' roll band rollin' on the streets

Time went by and it became a joke

We just needed more and more fulfilling- Uh-huh

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

everything is just so much more difficult for this band compared to other bands, i wonder why that is

The answer to that question is in the lyrics of Prostitute.

Principle. If we but knew what bands have to sell their souls to do to get to the top. Creative control, financial control, personell control CPA LAWYERS ect ect....There are thousands of bands who didnt read the fine writing in the contracts that are flipping burgers and delivering pizzas now and reminising about the good ol days when "they could been a contender" because the beggars and hangers on and the managment and the corporation raped them silly.

Axl clearly has to have some measure of control of his music, his business his personal life and his professional life. Otherwise Im sure the powers that be would have piledrived him into being nothing more or nothing less than a nostalgic act on the fair circut trying suppliment his retirement income.

I get that. But I think that it's safe to say that NO ONE from the GnR tree will ever have to worry about "flipping burgers". I think that the bands that you speak of that are doing to the burger flippings are the bands that were the cheap imitations of GnR that were to compensate for the poor decisions by the A&R's of the labels that passed up on GnR. ie....Bulletboys etc. and even Skid Row.

Besides, if Axl is so concerned and paranoid about control, why not go indie? Take the assets from previous success and invest into his own label. I don't know.

everything is just so much more difficult for this band compared to other bands, i wonder why that is

Principle. If we but knew what bands have to sell their souls to do to get to the top. Creative control, financial control, personell control CPA LAWYERS ect ect....There are thousands of bands who didnt read the fine writing in the contracts that are flipping burgers and delivering pizzas now and reminising about the good ol days when "they could been a contender" because the beggars and hangers on and the managment and the corporation raped them silly.

Axl clearly has to have some measure of control of his music, his business his personal life and his professional life. Otherwise Im sure the powers that be would have piledrived him into being nothing more or nothing less than a nostalgic act on the fair circut trying suppliment his retirement income.

I get that. But I think that it's safe to say that NO ONE from the GnR tree will ever have to worry about "flipping burgers". I think that the bands that you speak of that are doing to the burger flippings are the bands that were the cheap imitations of GnR that were to compensate for the poor decisions by the A&R's of the labels that passed up on GnR. ie....Bulletboys etc. and even Skid Row.

Besides, if Axl is so concerned and paranoid about control, why not go indie? Take the assets from previous success and invest into his own label. I don't know.

um...so whats 'Black Frog' then?

um...so whats 'Black Frog' then?

It's supposed to be Axl's touring agency and label but it acts as a subsidary.

Get a new album out fuck a US tour.

Rock Music is hurting bad for something new and unique.

I agree...a US tour probably isn't even going to happen. They won't profit majorly unless they can release new material

well..considering he's involved in a lawsuit with Mr Azoff.....who holds ownership in the biggest ticket distributer in the continental USA and in effect, North America...are you surprised? especially considering its not even resolved yet? I mean...seriously...would you go be buddy-buddy and get involved business-wise with someone your suing? THINK about it....:P

Bumblefoot is setting everything up in such a way he can quit the band and look like the hero for doing it.

Remember this when it happens.

Everything is part of his nice-guy act he plays very well and so many have fallen for.

Axl is gonna get fucked in the ass, more than Slash did, just watch.

Ironic thing is there were 2 guitarists Axl preferred more than Bumblefoot (besides Bucket) and they both refused to be part of it and considered to be leeches.

Bumble had no problem with it whatsoever.

He knew what he was getting into and he knew it would benefit him financially and career-wise in the end when he dropped the band in a 'I did nothing wrong, it is them'-way.

So him now complaining openly the last year about things he already knew from the start is part of the game of winning souls.

It is coming.

Axl's problem is that he cannot get sincere musicians anymore (last ones were Buckethead and Brain after a lot of persuasion, but they left), because a sincere musician would not want to be in this band for money or career reasons (which are the only reasons you would now join Guns).

And you can hear this definitely live, it sounds like a really professional, musically advanced, diverse session band Rihanna would hire in for a tour.

Not an authentic Rock and Roll band, but a band that tries really hard to sound and look like an authetntic Rock and Roll band.

The people close to the band for so long, that were there for sincere reasons, have almost all left, including me last year.

It has unfortunately become a jukebox nostalgia act with session musicians because Axl made the wrong decisions concerning band members.

He made the sincere ones leave and was left over with the leeches who are not yet done with him.

For the ones in love with this charade, do not worry, they won't quit, this will go on for years to come.

"In This Grave" ;)

Bumblefoot is setting everything up in such a way he can quit the band and look like the hero for doing it.

Everything is part of his nice-guy act he plays very well and so many have fallen for.

Ironic thing is there were 2 guitarists Axl preferred more than Bumblefoot (besides Bucket) and they both refused to be part of it and considered to be leeches.

He knew what he was getting into and he knew it would benefit him financially and career-wise in the end when he dropped the band in a 'I did nothing wrong, it is them'-way.

So him now complaining openly the last year about things he already knew from the start is part of the game of winning souls.

It is coming.

Axl's problem is that he cannot get sincere musicians anymore (last ones were Buckethead and Brain after a lot of persuasion, but they left), because a sincere musician would not want to be in this band for money or career reasons (which are the only reasons you would now join Guns).

And you can hear this definitely live, it sounds like a really professional, musically advanced, diverse session band Rihanna would hire in for a tour.

Not an authentic Rock and Roll band, but a band that tries really hard to sound and look like an authetntic Rock and Roll band.

The people close to the band for so long, that were there for sincere reasons, have almost all left, including me last year.

It has unfortunately become a jukebox nostalgia act with session musicians because Axl made the wrong decisions concerning band members.

He made the sincere ones leave and was left over with the leeches who are not yet done with him.

For the ones in love with this charade, do not worry, they won't quit, this will go on for years to come.

"In This Grave" ;)

I hope you're kidding.

Let's say for a minute that this is true, dave :

Why would he leave if he's in the band for money and career reasons ?

What exactly is keeping him from leaving ? It's been four years and he has yet to write anything with anybody ?

Besides, wasn't Brain the one who publicly admitted complaining at Axl that he wasn't getting paid enough for rerecording Josh's parts ?

It is coming.

"In This Grave" ;)

Intersting t4p. What do you mean "including me"? Am I reading it right that you were associated or in someway involved with GNR? You can't write that and then not elaborate! Thanks

Edited by Janis

It is coming.

"In This Grave" ;)

And you know what, sir? You know nothing. Nothing at all. You don't know Ron, you don't know his friends & you don't know his behavior. I, just like many and many musicians, fans, and friends could assure you that this is the way he is and has always been. You, on the other hand, come publicly telling us stories out of your ass. Quit wasting our time, you are not his friend and simply should shut the fuck up instead of talking about someone you don't know. You think you know something but you have no fuckin' idea... at all.

I wish people like this asshole (not that I'm insulting, but he's asking to be called this way because he claimed so much bullshit and simply can't be a fan trying to interact with other fans) would just shut the fuck up, but no, instead they always come here saying shit out loud and trying to be someone. This is pathetic, and if you think that the GNR musicians are this way, why are you still following them? Just ignore, leave. The world is full of great, amazing musicians that you could follow - including Buckethead. Just give up. Go away. Axl (Or Ron, Tommy, Chris, etc) doesn't need you and people like you. We (the fans) don't need you here.

Ron's helping people on a relief flood by selling his music to the "donators" - what are you doing? Trying to be a "know-it-all" and saying shit out loud on the internetz. Such a cupcake, such a tool, such a loser.

when i read interviews like this it worries me that bumble might get too mad and end up quiting the band because he cant deal with the stress, i hope everything stays cool

A guitarist quit GNR? What u mean like slash, izzy, robin and Buckethead? Who'd have thought,,,,,

LA