GNR Live DVD Project (UPDATED on last post)

niko

First of all THANKS A LOT for the people that PMed me offering help! is greatly appreciated! ok people...Big update, thanks to the help of a couple of fans, the project got bigger, and thats some of the reason behind its delay.from the videos i already uploaded the only one thats gonna be in the final product is It so easy with some changes, Got better audio tooand the quality of the montage and postproduction its outstanding (WAY WAY better than the first 3 teasers i uploaded a while ago), so for the people that enjoyed the NIN fanmade DVD, hang on cause this one is gonna blow your mind !!! Also i wanted to keep this as a surprise, but im working on a documentary (thats just one piece of the bonus material) alongside with the live dvd, thats talks about the bands journeyduring 2009/2010 tour. Have not uploaded part of the documentary on the trailers because, and this is the reason why im not keeping it a secret, i need a helping hand from some english native speakerto do the voice-over on the documentary, so if anyone is up to it please PM me :)

Some other stuff that you can see on the trailers:

-The Live DVD and the documentary its gonna be called "Great Wall Rocks" (hope u guys dig the name of it)

-20 Songs + Bonus Material (including documentary)

-HD footage

Any ideas for the project to get even bigger are dearly appreciated! and really..thanks a lot for the feedback the positive and the negative one, cause its making this thing that started as a little project, a monster! and if u dont mind to wait some more, hang on cause the final product is coming soon and it looks F*** awesome.

Also i would like to remind everyone that all of this is gonna be shared FOR FREE (no business, no money behind it), and that if u recognize footage of your own in the video, i got the list of ALL of the youtube users i have taken footage from... so the last days of the project you are gonna be recieving an email asking for your name if u want it to be in the credits :)i think thats all i have to say for now, thanks a lot again, for the feedback and encouraging me on getting this rolling !!!

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD POST: hey people

since probably GNR arent releasing a live dvd "soon", i have the project of making a complete GNR live dvd made from videos uploaded by fans on youtube, all amateur footage filmed at the shows...so the idea is to take the best of it, and make the best possible compilation for every song, and finally make a dvd with a complete setlist

already have its so easy, shacklers revenge, and the ashba solo spot

uploaded its so easy because its the "most finished" one... so i would love to have some feedback on this and if you guys/girls are interested in me uploading this dvd when its finished :)

hopefully you ll like the idea at least hehe

thanks!

Edited by niko

Great editing work, I love it!

Is it all sourced from compressed/lossy videos or can you put out a dvd-quality version of this?

thanks!! i can put a dvd quality of this, because im only using HD sources, which ends up being more difficult to find nice takes (because it narrows down the number of sources) but the result is probably nicer!

Good job, surely there must be a better audio though? Couldn't hear Axl until the end

thanks for the feedback!! yess probably, but im going to use monitor mix (loseless source) and the fan recorded one too from the show in tokio, and mix both of them to get the best sound possible...also since im probably doing an entire dvd (like a made up show) i want the audio source to be just one so it doesnt sound too different between songs..

this is an awesome project. i also follow the radiohead and nin fan boards quite closely, and this kind of thing is VERY common on those boards... in fact, with some of the more recent nin projects, one would never know that these weren't pro shot and produced DVDs. would be nice to get some similar projects going here. have you thought about recruiting additional help? I'm sure we have members who do professional audio and video work for a living. :thumbsup:

What show is that video from, or is it from multiple shows?

PS - this project rocks, please continue it!

You can see all the HD GNR videos on YouTube by filtering your search like so - hope this helps:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=guns+roses+live&high_definition=1&suggested_categories=10&uni=3

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

this is an awesome project. i also follow the radiohead and nin fan boards quite closely, and this kind of thing is VERY common on those boards... in fact, with some of the more recent nin projects, one would never know that these weren't pro shot and produced DVDs. would be nice to get some similar projects going here. have you thought about recruiting additional help? I'm sure we have members who do professional audio and video work for a living. :thumbsup:

yes!! took the idea from there...i mean i dont follow those boards/bands but i remember a user here that did mention that, so i liked the idea and started with this...the difference here is that i dont think the band are encouragig fans to tape the shows...so the challenge is to do something that looks good, with shaky and crappy sources

What show is that video from, or is it from multiple shows?

like 5 different shows in 2010

PS - this project rocks, please continue it!

thanks a lot!! will do, my personal goal is to have an entire show made like this...and hopefully it will be something that another fellow GNR fans can enjoy it too!

is it just me or the audio is not well synchronized with the video at the beginning?

could be! i dont know ..when you see the video like 500 times, you start to ignore this kind of stuff haha..so when i finish all need to watch it again if something like this comes up!

apart from that, great work, waiting for more in bigger resolution

thanks a lot!! will def upload the dvd when its done :) !

I was trying to help you find more videos for "It's So Easy", but I forgot the videos have to:

-not be shaky as hell

-have Axl in the shiny coat

Jesus christ, more power for you going through all the videos. Are you not going to include screenshot footage and/or proshot footage that's available?

haha see... its a pain in the ass!

about the screenshoot footage/pro shot, i dont want to include it...want to be totally fanmade, i used a couple of seconds of screenshot in "its so easy" but you can see the stage too, so it kinda doesnt count haha

I was trying to help you find more videos for "It's So Easy", but I forgot the videos have to:

-not be shaky as hell

Jesus christ, more power for you going through all the videos. Are you not going to include screenshot footage and/or proshot footage that's available?

about the screenshoot footage/pro shot, i dont want to include it...want to be totally fanmade, i used a couple of seconds of screenshot in "its so easy" but you can see the stage too, so it kinda doesnt count haha

Do you want to include footage that has Axl consistently in the same wardrobe?

I can help you find good HD videos of Axl in the shiny coat in my spare time:

Jungle:

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

-not be shaky as hell

Do you want to include footage that has Axl consistently in the same wardrobe?

I can help you find good HD videos of Axl in the shiny coat in my spare time:

Jungle:

haha thanks!!

i have jungle almost finished, but thats a very good video and one i havent found, so thanks a lot!! sure its gonna help to cover some weak places :D

about the wardrobe...im TRYING that at least for the entire song, the wardrobe its the same...or if its different, that the details cant be seen at first sight

this looks brilliant nic work

thanks a lot!!

Yo, I shot a bunch of stuff in HD over a couple shows in Aus. Some of it I was too lazy to put on youtube -

If you want any of it, let me know.

hey man thanks a lot!

i already seen a couple of your videos and got already a couple in my favs so im sure some of it will appear hehe! but thanks a lot again, i ll let you know if i need some more stuff!

Cool but you should credit the people who's videos you used. If not for them, you wouldn't have anything to edit :)

will do...since its impossible to ask each one cause they are like between 5-10 videos per song, im writing down YT usernames to credit when its all done!

niko - will you be posting other songs on YT before you finish the dvd?

didnt plan to, but let me know if you want me to upload a song or two you like :)