GNR Live DVD Project (UPDATED on last post)

niko

Looks sweet so far, only thing that could be better is an official release.....just an fyi if you have this much time on your hands you should get a girlfriend

LOL..already got one, btw i work and study in the audiovisuals field, so this allows me to build up some experience too..so its not def free time or time gone to waste for me :)

Don't even rise to the bait. You're doing a great job, man. I'm so glad that there are fans out there like you, who have both the talent and the motivation to pull off something like this...

Can't wait to see the finished thing.

thanks a lot man!!!

i should follow your advice and stop feeding the cupcakes haha x_santa.gif

Sounds great and can't wait to see what you come up with! I hope you include all of Axl's best vocals. There was alot of hit and miss vocals on the 09/10 tour but if you search through it there are some great vocals but some of them aren't immediately obvious. Asian leg was the weakest. Some Canadian vocals were good but Axl looked in a really bad shape in Canada so I wouldn't include that. I find myself going back to the Lille, Netherlands and London 2nd night preformances. Like you and everyone I've watched all the performances over the past year and I really feel you have to include 'Sorry' from Adelaide 2010 (best perf of that song) and Patience with Duff from 02 London 2010 and 'Don't Cry' from Lille 2010 and Don't Cry from Geledrome 2010. They were really heartfelt vocals aswell as pitch perfect! And the classic Axl swagger was on full display on WTTJ in Lille 2010! Please consider these if you have time.

He just stepped up a gear on these performances and it's very noticeable and would be a big loss if ya didn't include these highlights. What dya guys think? :)

Am I the only fan who would gladly part with money for a proper physical DVD of this with a professional looking cover and all the works? I just think, why not take it one step further? Those who want it for free can download it, and those who want the full package can pay for it.

Am I the only fan who would gladly part with money for a proper physical DVD of this with a professional looking cover and all the works? I just think, why not take it one step further? Those who want it for free can download it, and those who want the full package can pay for it.

most bootleg places I go to, ppl freely do up a cover for boots that don't have none. Keep your money, somebody'll cook something up.

Agreed, im usually willing to pay abit for a physical copy + artwork.

most bootleg places I go to, ppl freely do up a cover for boots that don't have none. Keep your money, somebody'll cook something up.

It's not just that, not all of us are all that savvy when it comes to downloading shit. To be honest, I don't have the first clue how to download videos onto a DVD on my antique computer. I would rather just pay someone for a proper product, artwork and all.

Agreed, but like some NIN fan-made projects, they release them on blu-ray and some people can buy them if they want with a nice cover and actual blu-ray disc, etc., and they also put them up for a free download. I think that'd be pretty cool and I would definitely buy one.

i hear what you guys are saying, but when you start talking about people paying for this, it makes me a bit nervous since bootlegging (for profit) is illegal and immoral. i'm not saying anyone here would be making a profit, but you only have to appear to be potentially making a profit to get a cease and desist letter, which could shut down the entire project. that said, perhaps the band would support something like this, which would be cool. maybe the mods could get in touch with someone in the band to get their feelings on this?

i have thought of this, but i really dont want to have legal troubles, today we have been working almost all day with the other guy that can be called "producer" and the idea was to print like 300 copies with very nice package to give away to the people that indirectly collaborated with the project (filmed, taped etc) BUT...it was JUST AN IDEA... so dont get too excited cause i dont know if im gonna have the money to pull that..

by the way, pay attention to the next month, cause the idea is to release the last trailer with a release date and setlist including a teaser for the documentary during June :)

i have thought of this, but i really dont want to have legal troubles, today we have been working almost all day with the other guy that can be called "producer" and the idea was to print like 300 copies with very nice package to give away to the people that indirectly collaborated with the project (filmed, taped etc) BUT...it was JUST AN IDEA... so dont get too excited cause i dont know if im gonna have the money to pull that..

by the way, pay attention to the next month, cause the idea is to release the last trailer with a release date and setlist including a teaser for the documentary during June :)

What about the fans who didn't collaborate on it (myself included)?

Nobody has to be making a profit, just charge enough to cover costs. If you do it in the form of Paypal Donations then you aren't actually charging anybody for anything and you won't have any legal trouble either.

Edited by Towelie

What about the fans who didn't collaborate on it (myself included)?

Nobody has to be making a profit, just charge enough to cover costs. If you do it in the form of Paypal Donations then you aren't actually charging anybody for anything and you won't have any legal trouble either.

you know guys... i really dont wanna put this effort in danger, but i promise that we ll find a way for those who want physical copies of it :)

i promise that we ll find a way for those who want physical copies of it :)

That's great news! :)

Can I just ask... are you going to be including pro-shot footage as well, like the Reading festival BBC broadcast and the Rose Bar sessions??

Can I just ask... are you going to be including pro-shot footage as well, like the Reading festival BBC broadcast and the Rose Bar sessions??

the answer is a big NO, as the trailer says its produced by the fans for the fans, so everything has been recorded by fans on the live dvd, thats the main idea of the project the "view of the GNR fan", on the documentary we have some news reports but i dont wanna disclose too much of it until i got some things sorted out :)

the answer is a big NO, as the trailer says its produced by the fans for the fans, so everything has been recorded by fans on the live dvd, thats the main idea of the project the "view of the GNR fan", on the documentary we have some news reports but i dont wanna disclose too much of it until i got some things sorted out :)

Cool. Looking forward to the next trailer. :)

Cool. Looking forward to the next trailer. :)

So , are we going to get a new trailer ?

• 3 weeks later...

hey man sorry for the delay on answering,im glad to say the project is very near completion!!!, im gonna be uploading some screenshots this weekend so you can take a look at the menu and the overall design of this dvd thingy

The live dvd its 80% done, we just need to do some mastering to the audio source, and to announce the release date, we are also thinking to make a website or something like that, because we are loving the concept of this live dvd (the filmed and edited by fans idea, and seeing GNR from the fan that attended the concert point of view) , and also to make it easier for everyone to download this baby :)

The documentary (for the ones that didnt know, we are working on a 10-minute doc, about the last CD world tour, to release with the live dvd) is a little bit more delayed because we are trying to finish first the live dvd which is the main idea, and the concept of making a documentary from fans footage its a lot more complex, and also we are trying to include some sort of surprise on it, but cant tell until its confirmed

thanks for asking and keeping attention to the project :D !!

PS: since i have this on my desktop, here is some "in the works" screenshots from Live and Let Die, so u can have an idea of the image/color concept behind the dvd

http://twitpic.com/5d42r5 (the quality of the image was compressed by twitpic and it kinda sucks haha)

Edited by niko

Guest gunns5

hey man sorry for the delay on answering,im glad to say the project is very near completion!!!, im gonna be uploading some screenshots this weekend so you can take a look at the menu and the overall design of this dvd thingy

The live dvd its 80% done, we just need to do some mastering to the audio source, and to announce the release date, we are also thinking to make a website or something like that, because we are loving the concept of this live dvd (the filmed and edited by fans idea, and seeing GNR from the fan that attended the concert point of view) , and also to make it easier for everyone to download this baby :)

The documentary (for the ones that didnt know, we are working on a 10-minute doc, about the last CD world tour, to release with the live dvd) is a little bit more delayed because we are trying to finish first the live dvd which is the main idea, and the concept of making a documentary from fans footage its a lot more complex, and also we are trying to include some sort of surprise on it, but cant tell until its confirmed

thanks for asking and keeping attention to the project :D !!

PS: since i have this on my desktop, here is some "in the works" screenshots from Live and Let Die, so u can have an idea of the image/color concept behind the dvd

http://twitpic.com/5d42r5

looking awesome man, keep us updated and hurry up with it! :xmassrudolph: :xmasssanta: