GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

Who was it that smashed a guitar during nightrain?

And all in all aside from Estranged this was a disaster. So what he screwed up November Rain? A performer with any grace would have just made a joke about it after, and moved on. Not let it ruin the rest of the set.

Ashba it cut out during the solo he was mega pissed

any specific reason or just general frustration? i had been looking away and turned my head and all the sudden someone is smashing a guitar

Normally I would agree with you. However, this past week, I saw a fan made video of highlights from all the shows last year. One of the vids showed Ashba destroying a guitar, which I don't remember reading about in all the shows last year. So he has done it before, so he may have done it tis time for effect more than frustration.

Don't know how the actual show went, but my YouTube audio kept going in and out. They gave it their best, but those audio problems make them look bad. Shame all around b/c I think EVERYONE was looking forward to this show.

Ok, this may have been their first show and all but they were headling the biggest musical festival in the world and it was promoted and live on You tube!!!! Axl totally ruined a great chance to get people saying positive things about them. I mean, God. Yes, there were some good moments and seeing Estranged in the setlist was miraculous. However, we cannot deny that Axl sounded very poor for most of the show and was totally unprepared for a show of this magnitude. He just simply didn't put in the time.

Highlights of the show: Estranged, This I Love (kind of), Knocking on Heavens Door and Street of Dreams. Everything else was either not very good or downright embaressing. Whatever, I will always love Axl but it just hurts to know that so many people are soon going to be tearing him apart over this performance.

Axl looked like he took this all for granted. He was out of shape, out of breath, didn't know his own lyrics and had zero passion. That's simply not acceptable for the GNR brand. Either go all out, or stay home. Basic stuff here, like rehearsing and being in shape. I can understand a bad night, we all have bad nights, but this sucked.

No highlights.

Absolutely. The person saying TIL, SoD and Heaven's Door were highlights need to listen to any show from the late part of the 2010 tour. He gave career-best vocals on TIL and Madagcar at Toronto. That TIL wasn't even close. It was bad karaeoke.

The press is gonna tear this band apart no doubt about it. Im sure the members of the band feel like this was shit.

The press would tear this band apart if they played every song perfectly, resurrected Hendrix for a guitar duel, and shat out rainbows at the crowd during the encore.

The press is gonna tear this band apart no doubt about it. Im sure the members of the band feel like this was shit.

The press would tear this band apart if they played every song perfectly, resurrected Hendrix for a guitar duel, and shat out rainbows at the crowd during the encore.

Well now imagine what's gonna happen now they have a legitimate complaint.

Well now imagine what's gonna happen now they have a legitimate complaint.

Same thing that always happens. Press talk shit, band rolls on.

Edited by tomfriend

I have no doubt that Axl still has it, but you have to WORK for it. His vocals are a muscle. If Michael Jordan came off the bench after not playing at all during regular season and was put into the NBA finals, he would be totally off. Yes, his inherent talent would allow him to scrape by, but in no way would he exemplify what he is capable of or what the fans deserve. Same with Axl tonight. Who knows man. Who fucking knows.

That's why MJ didn't just show up to practice, but ran them. He was a drill sergeant. Everything, everyone, starting with himself, needed to be perfect. He made it happen.

This is what happens when Allen Iverson is your team captain.

Axl can't just hop on stage with no preperation and then take things seriously as soon as they go bad ... either roll with the 'don't give a fuck' and laugh off the errors and have some fun, or take this shit seriously 100% from beginning to end.

anyways, it was a really fun show from 'Sorry' to 'November Rain'..but I think they better leak some good music to distract the news feed

I forgot one - I had deleted it from my memory, but it just returned.

Bringing Beta on stage. What the fuck is this, parade your fucking housemaid and her family around? The most dangerous band in the world wouldn't go bringing 50 year old women and her Dad onto a stage.

I'm a big time original GNR fan but I thought the band tonight sounded much better than I've ever heard the old band sound (okay, I know bootleg & youtube videos can be pretty crappy) but it seems the old guys were always too wasted to play very good.

Apart from the first few songs, I thought Axl sounded okay, especially compared to how a lot of rockers sound live in concert. But I do agree he needs to get in better shape as he sounded rather winded, especially at the beginning. He could take some notes from Mick Jagger who's quite a bit older and in great physical shape.