Ramones Vs. Guns N' Roses

Guest Lucrecia

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both were astounding experiences live.

Both had stellar moments on record...both also,didn't.

Ramones started a fire...the somewhat influenced Guns fanned the flames (for a while anyway).

Total props to both..they equally had impacts on me that are intact to this day.

Guest Len B'stard

i dont understand the fascination with the ramones

Pretty much the same as the fascination with The Beatles to my mind, great band that was able to crank out perfect 3 minute pop songs on tap and further mixing that pop sensibility with a street edge and a sense of humour.

• 11 years later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

GnR aren’t too impressive, in terms of musicianship. But they make good music, most of the time. The Ramones, in the other hand, are so basic, it gets boring. I feel like I can write a mid-tier Ramones album in two weeks or something.

you can't cause no one can. It's not about the complexity of it with The Ramones or with every band in general, it's about what they did with just a few chords which is writing great and catchy songs with cool lyrics. They are very influential because they were one of the best when it came to the no bullshit, the song is king type of bands imo.

I prefer Gn'R and I'd say in terms of musicianship, Slash in particular is very impressive from the classic lineup. In his genre, not jazz fusion.

Edited by Rovim

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

you can't cause no one can. It's not about the complexity of it with The Ramones or with every band in general, it's about what they did with just a few chords which is writing great and catchy songs with cool lyrics. They are very influential because they were one of the best when it came to the no bullshit, the song is king type of bands imo.

I prefer Gn'R and I'd say in terms of musicianship, Slash in particular is very impressive from the classic lineup. In his genre, not jazz fusion.

No, I’m serious. I feel like I can ‘cause they ended up being formulaic and the groundbreakung factor that made them relevant was nonexistent in their later albums - it became guitar pop, and not very inspired one at that. Of course, that’s my opinion. Of course I’m not saying I can write a genre defining album like some of their best ones. And yes, while I do recorgnize their value to music and their importance in rock and roll history, there’s no denying their breakthrough "no bullshit" approach to rock and roll might not be as inspired and might not be in the same level of musicianship as some of the stuff that ignored them. Don’t get me wrong, I do think the Ramones have some great stuff and have their important place in rock history, but I still think they’re overrated, even considering this.