Perfect Crime in 1986

SoulMonster

This is one of my favourites from UYI and a great Izzy song and a great demonstration of what could be done when he brought in a tune which was then embellished by Slash' lead guitar and Axl's vocal melodies. The song was actually written during the first pre-production sessions for AFD, like You Could Be Mine, in 1986 and they even played it live twice in that year. Besides two small snippets of a recording from the concert on October 31, 1986, I have never heard a recording of whole song played in 1986, anyone has it? Or anyone here heard it live in 1986?

Cool, do you know where we can listen to the snippets? I wonder if there are pre-production recordings, it'd be cool to hear them.

I'd love proper recording of the song from the preproduction sessions, too, if that even exists. I have posted the snippets on Appetite For Discussion, you might need to be a member though to get access to them.

• 1 month later...

Indeed. Don't Cry was on of their very first songs..November Rain Axl had been tinkering with for years (and by accounts wanted to have it on 'Appetite'), and You Could Be Mine was written just before Appetite was done..amongst others

(On the Tokyo DVDs Axl says 'Bad Obsession' was written even before Mr. Brownstone)

• 2 weeks later...

Alot of the illusions were written around 86 or 87. Not all of it though, but quite a bit was.

It is wrong too say that ALOT was written around 86/87'..

Actually,

KOHD

YCBM

Perfect crime

Back off bitch

Dont damn me

Dont cry

Bad obsession

all were written or played before (during) the appetite recordings.

Alot of the illusions were written around 86 or 87. Not all of it though, but quite a bit was.

Actually,

KOHD

YCBM

Perfect crime

Back off bitch

Dont damn me

Dont cry

Bad obsession

all were written or played before (during) the appetite recordings.

Garden of Eden was also round that time

Cool, do you know where we can listen to the snippets? I wonder if there are pre-production recordings, it'd be cool to hear them.

I'd love proper recording of the song from the preproduction sessions, too, if that even exists. I have posted the snippets on Appetite For Discussion, you might need to be a member though to get access to them.

I never heard that a clip of this exsist. can someone share it here?

Marc canter is probably the only person to own a copy of this since

he recorded most of the shows back then.

I never heard that a clip of this exsist. can someone share it here?

Marc canter is probably the only person to own a copy of this since

he recorded most of the shows back then.

I imagine the band has copies too.

• 9 months later...

I believe SoulMonster has it on his website. You may have to sign up but it's worth it as it's a wealth of GNR info. Just go to the song database section on the right and select Perfect Crime. Links are in the comments section of the song.

http://www.a-4-d.com

Certainly is considering "alot" is not a word.

Edited by hellobeatle