Live Slash DVD.. They are filming tonight!

HowlinWolf

I would have rathered have Dirty Little Thing, We're All Gonna Die and Suckertrain Blues over songs like Patience, Mean Bone and Dr Alibi.. Gotta love that he really mixes it up though.. Still a good setlist.

Mean Bone needs to be played. It's one of his only good songs.

I also think he should play more of his own stuff and less GNR. At least he dropped a lot of VR material.

The GNR stuff he is playing is his material.

true, it's all good, it's all Slash.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

I love Slash and everything, y'know, the stuffs he does and all that but i'd really like if he'd like...i dunno, i didn't really think much of this solo album. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with it, it's just nothing seemed to draw me into it. I'd love to just like see him do more bluesier stuff...or ballads perhaps. I think he really sells himself short sometimes by limiting himself to the heavy rock ouevre cuz his best stuff to me is those like, long bluesy solo's and what have you.

I think it'd be really cool if he did like, an entire album with one solid bona fide good songwriter y'know, so you'd have that guarantee that, alright, the tunes here are gonna be fucking good, Slash just needs to come in and do his thing, that'd be fucking amazing. like Bob Dylan, see that'd be wonderful cuz he makes these really bare sparse songs and that gives Slash a lot of elbow room to interpret them through his Les Paul.

Or, join another band. Not permanently but i think it'd be cool to see like, y'know, some band or what have you that like, have got a member whoose indisposed so Slash just fills in his shoes for a tour or something, sort of like Joe Strummer did with The Pogues y'know, informal, just deputising for want of a better description. But i think that works easier in punk circles than it does in sorta mainstream rock n roll circles, especially with a name as big as Slash cuz if you do that shit it's like, y'know, if the tours successful the person who he's deputising for might feel his position has been usurped or something.

But, y'know, i dunno, use your imagination, something like that, something different, something where he can play something with a little feeling instead of like...y'know, all that heavy stuff. It'd be wonderful to see him join some ol' timers backing band and just be real low key and let the work talk, i dunno, tour with BB King or Buddy Guy or someone...is Buddy Guy still knocking about? I think he is.

Guest Len B'stard

sounds like Dylan just hit him with a weird non-sequitar if anything, i think people try and make more of a thing than is there. But yeah i suppose taking into the account that the album was a bit of a failure that'd probably queer Dylans feelings over the whole thing. Look at me talking like there's a fucking deal in the pipeline or something :lol:

If i was a guitarist though, i'd love to just play sideman to some old cranky fuckin bluesmith and like...y'know, really nail my chops (or re-assert if i was already someone in my own right), someone like Chuck Berry or James Brown, God rest is soul, someone that really pushes you and takes no shit and treats you like an employee. Seems to me to be the best guitar school in the world.

Edited by sugaraylen

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.slashparadise.com/2011/09/slash-made-in-stoke-dvd-blu-ray.html

Slash "Made in Stoke" DVD/Blu-Ray details

The band: Slash / Myles Kennedy / Bobby Schneck / Todd Kerns / Brent Fitz

Recorded: July 24, 2011 at Victoria Hall, Stoke-On-Trent (England)

Length: 160 minutes

Format: Dolby, DTS stereo

Label: Eagle Vision

Release date: November 14, 2011

made-in-stoke-24-7-11_slash-myles-kennedy-99902099299_EREDV909_600.jpg

Setlist:

Been There Lately

Nightrain

Ghost

Mean Bone

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

Civil War

Nothing To Say

Starlight

Promise

Doctor Alibi

Speed Parade

Watch This

Beggars And Hangers-On

Patience

The Godfather Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Slither

By The Sword

Mr. Brownstone

Paradise City

slash%2Bstoke%2Bdvd.jpg

Slash's "homecoming" gig on July 24 at the Victoria Hall in the British town of Stoke-On-Trent, where he was raised until he was five, was filmed for a DVD and Blu-ray release, "Made In Stoke - 24/7/11", due on November 15 via Eagle Vision.

Slash's setlist was as follows:

01. Been There Lately

02. Nightrain

03. Ghost

04. Mean Bone

05. Back From Cali

06. Rocket Queen

07. Civil War

08. Nothing to Say

09. Promise

10. Starlight

11. Doctor Alibi (with Todd Kerns on vocals)

12. Speed Parade

13. Watch This

14. Beggars & Hangers-On

15. Patience

16. Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme

17. Sweet Child O' Mine

18. Slither

Encore:

19. By The Sword

20. Mr. Brownstone

21. Paradise City

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the DVD not coming out in the US [just a live CD version] because of an Axl impediment? I have heard/read of this more than once today.

Haven't heard anything of the sort yet... Really hope it isn't true.. I would think that they would have gotten all royalty issues figured out beforehand..

Anyway, it sure would be sweet for Slash to post a song off this DVD somewhere to tide us over.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the DVD not coming out in the US [just a live CD version] because of an Axl impediment? I have heard/read of this more than once today.

Haven't heard anything of the sort yet... Really hope it isn't true.. I would think that they would have gotten all royalty issues figured out beforehand..

Eagle Rock Entertainment has announced the U.S. release of Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) first-ever live solo album, "Made In Stoke 24/7/11". The double-disc CD, and a special-edition 2CD+DVD package (featuring five bonus tracks and an exclusive interview with Slash) hits stores November 15.

• 4 weeks later...

Preorders are up...research before you buy!!

It's a bit confusing at the moment.So far,it looks like the blu-ray is a UK exclusive.

The only place I can find a pre-order for the full concert blu-ray is amazon.uk

Amazon Canada has 2 listings,both listed as imports.

One is for the 2 disc cd set,and one is for the 3 disc Special Edition 2 cd's +1 dvd.

Amazon.com (U.S.) has the same two listings,but don't list them as imports.

About the Special Edition,check out this listing at eagle-rock.com.It appears that the "Special Edition" is the two cd's with a FIVE SONG bonus dvd.

Eagle Rock has a listing for the blu-ray,but when you click the "PURCHASE" button it takes you to amazon.uk

I checked blu-ray.com and the only listing they have for the blu-ray was the version coming out of the UK.They haven't listed it (yet) as region-free but Amazon.uk has.

So if it is indeed a UK exclusive,and it's region free,looks like that's where I'll be getting it from.

If anyone sees other listings or updates please update!

Preorders are up...research before you buy!!

It's a bit confusing at the moment.So far,it looks like the blu-ray is a UK exclusive.

The only place I can find a pre-order for the full concert blu-ray is amazon.uk

Amazon Canada has 2 listings,both listed as imports.

One is for the 2 disc cd set,and one is for the 3 disc Special Edition 2 cd's +1 dvd.

Amazon.com (U.S.) has the same two listings,but don't list them as imports.

About the Special Edition,check out this listing at eagle-rock.com.It appears that the "Special Edition" is the two cd's with a FIVE SONG bonus dvd.

Eagle Rock has a listing for the blu-ray,but when you click the "PURCHASE" button it takes you to amazon.uk

I checked blu-ray.com and the only listing they have for the blu-ray was the version coming out of the UK.They haven't listed it (yet) as region-free but Amazon.uk has.

So if it is indeed a UK exclusive,and it's region free,looks like that's where I'll be getting it from.

If anyone sees other listings or updates please update!

Cool, thanks for the head's up. I think I'll wait until people actually get their Blu Ray discs and find out if it is indeed region free before I order.