Black Sabbath - Official Announcement on 11-11-11

Black Sabbath

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Sabbath is my number one band to see live. I've seen Ozzy 5 times and honestly wasn't sure if I would be able to see the original Black Sabbath, but now my dream has come true. I will bankrupt myself going to as many shows as I can whenever they do tour :lol:

Well, I hope you see them countless times.

After the whole thing about Iommi splitting the merch 4 ways was settled, Ozzy and Tony's tone about Black Sabbath getting together again were optimistic. They also spent the past 2 years saying it probably wasn't going to happen for a variety of reasons.

Jack's documentary about his dad should be coming out soon,and Tony's book is coming out in a few months, so he'll prob. be talking more about it. I think the interesting parts of the book are going to have little to do with the Ozzy years.

I'm pretty sure they all feel either do it now, do a proper tour, and leave it open ended for one-off shows, or call it a day. They all know the money's there, the audience is there, and the songs are known, and it's just a different vibe from Ozzy's solo shows. There's always a health issue with either Bill and Ozzy though. Ozzy's coming off a successful tour, the Randy reissues are out, so now he has the time to focus on this.

Sounds like a fall tour if they're rehearsing now.

I'm personally treating this as a rumor until Joe at Black Sabbath Online can confirm it (Which he hasn't done yet). So many times, things have seemed "concrete", and then he checks his sources and it's not true.

If I'm wrong and it happens, I'll shut up and let people who want to see the original Sabbath enjoy it, but I personally won't be going to see them unless the setlist changes DRASTICALLY from what they did between '97 and '05. Once was enough for me, they really weren't anything special.

I'd have loved for Tony to call Tony Martin. The Iommi/Butler/Martin/Ward line-up on the Cross Purposes tour was incredible, and I'd have really loved to see what those 4 could do in the studio together...

Guest Len B'stard

i might have to go see this. i've never been to no metal gig so it'll be a new expierience for me and i do actually like Sabbaths first album, first two i think? At least in terms of guitar work. I've heard the one with Iron Man on it and this other song i'm not sure if it's off that album or off another one, you know the one, "finished with my woman cuz she dadadadadadadada etc" that one, is that off the first or second? If it's just off the first then i've only heard the first but if its off the second i've heard the second and the first :lol:

But yeah, it'd be a cool kind of expierience although i dunno WHO the fucks gonna wanna come with me. Yeah, it'd be nice to have a foray into metal or what have you, see what it's all about...and if you're gonna see like, 1 metal band ever it might as well be the fuckin Daddy metal band of em all.

this will be awesome. i've always been a much bigger sabbath fan than ozzy fan. seen ozzy twice. the first time in 2007 and i really enjoyed it. much because i was kinda drunk and the feeling of the crowd was awesome. ozzy had throat problems and trouble with the timing once or twice. second time was this summer. 80/90 minutes with at least 20 minutes of it being drums and guitar wanking was really lame!! so dissappointed.

this however i believe will be a whole other thing. as said i'm a sabbath fan and not really a fan of the solo career of ozzy. i'm actually wore a sabbath shirt today :D fuck yeah

Holy shit, I thought I'd never see an original Black Sabbath concert... now I actually have a good chance to see them... this is the best music news I've had in a very, very long time! Sabotage and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are up there in my top albums of all time. rock4

"I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Sabbath reunion.

Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of “official” statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory, he won’t have another"

dunno if tony said anything more. that's from the sabbath facebook.

Ozzy and Sharon are hard up for cash these days...

I saw this coming

What a dumb thing to say.

That's like saying Ozzy nearly year long world tour for Scream that just ended meant nothing. :rolleyes:

I'm serious.

I was reading that they owed like 2 million to the IRS and they had to sell a home or something..

I doubt their broke or anything but I would think the big pay day has something to do with the reunion