Black Sabbath - Official Announcement on 11-11-11

Black Sabbath

I think it more sounds like Tony (or someone else from the band) didn't like how the news got out before the official statement.

I still believe it's on, but it just wasn't anncouned the way they wanted it to be.

I mean, Tony said, "We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we've been writing is really good. It's more back to the old original stuff." - In his statement, he never denied saying that, or anything else.

"It's all been very hush-hush. Ozzy's been the worst at trying to hold it back. He's doing a lot of TV and he's being asked stuff about a reunion and he's going, 'Well, I never say never.' He told me, 'I don't know what to say.'"

I mean, c'mon...

Also, what journalist would have the balls to take something this out of context and say something on this grand scale and not think of it backfiring? It just doesn't add up to me. I still believe it's on, and that we haven't heard everything, yet.

Edited by Black Sabbath

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might have to go see this. i've never been to no metal gig so it'll be a new expierience for me and i do actually like Sabbaths first album, first two i think? At least in terms of guitar work. I've heard the one with Iron Man on it and this other song i'm not sure if it's off that album or off another one, you know the one, "finished with my woman cuz she dadadadadadadada etc" that one, is that off the first or second? If it's just off the first then i've only heard the first but if its off the second i've heard the second and the first :lol:

But yeah, it'd be a cool kind of expierience although i dunno WHO the fucks gonna wanna come with me. Yeah, it'd be nice to have a foray into metal or what have you, see what it's all about...and if you're gonna see like, 1 metal band ever it might as well be the fuckin Daddy metal band of em all.

"Iron Man" and the other song, "Paranoid", are both from their second album, Paranoid.

i might have to go see this. i've never been to no metal gig so it'll be a new expierience for me and i do actually like Sabbaths first album, first two i think? At least in terms of guitar work. I've heard the one with Iron Man on it and this other song i'm not sure if it's off that album or off another one, you know the one, "finished with my woman cuz she dadadadadadadada etc" that one, is that off the first or second? If it's just off the first then i've only heard the first but if its off the second i've heard the second and the first :lol:

But yeah, it'd be a cool kind of expierience although i dunno WHO the fucks gonna wanna come with me. Yeah, it'd be nice to have a foray into metal or what have you, see what it's all about...and if you're gonna see like, 1 metal band ever it might as well be the fuckin Daddy metal band of em all.

"Iron Man" and the other song, "Paranoid", are both from their second album, Paranoid.

and if you look at the cover, it makes no sense because that's a "War Pig" running thru the shot...

and if you look at the cover, it makes no sense because that's a "War Pig" running thru the shot...

I heard that was originally going to be the album name, but they didn't wanna turn people off or something?

I heard that was originally going to be the album name, but they didn't wanna turn people off or something?

To the best of my Sabbath knowledge, that was the final cover, but then they record company wanted another song and Sabbath did 'Paranoid' very quick and they company loved that song so much they changed the album title and made it the first single.

It's still dependent on Bill Ward's health.

Sounds like Tony made an off the record conversation to a friend of his, and the guy wanted to have the scoop, but Tony's prob. going "any minute, I'm going to hear from Sharon".

Even though The Beatles brag about Please Please Me taking a day to finish (and cost 400 pounds a session), they actually did it in 4 sessions. Black Sabbath took a whopping 2 days on a shoestring budget to finish, and cost 600 pounds for the session.

And I think Pink Floyd did Dark Side of the Moon in 2 marathon sessions, because they worked most of the songs out on the road. The footage from "Live at Pompeii" turned out to be staged for the film, and they had already been done with the album by the time the director put it together.

Sharon said her bookkeeper overlooked some details and she wound up with this threat from the IRS. Pissing off Sharon prob. made the guy unemployable, or he's missing a nut. Guaranteed some emasculating was involved though. She squashed it immediately, but said she was very embarrassed about it. Crazier than Ozzy... at least he had drugs and booze to blame for bad behavior. She's just nuts. But if you read about her dad, it makes complete sense. What father does a Mr Burns "unleash the hounds" on their daughter? Sharon's dad, that's who.

To the best of my Sabbath knowledge, that was the final cover, but then they record company wanted another song and Sabbath did 'Paranoid' very quick and they company loved that song so much they changed the album title and made it the first single.

You are correct. I quickly checked it in Ozzy's bio.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/black-sabbath-reunion-jack-kelly-osbourne/

Ozzy Osbourne’s absence from the Aug. 22 MusiCares premiere screening of his son Jack’s documentary ‘God Bless Ozzy Osbourne,’ as well as comments from Jack and his sister Kelly at the event, have further fueled rumors that their father is indeed currently working with a reunited Black Sabbath on a new record.

“My dad is… I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell you,” Kelly told Artisan News. “But he’s doing something that is very, very exciting. He’s just finished a tour. But he’s doing something very exciting. I’m not allowed to talk about it, though.” We get it it; it’s exciting. Jack was much more pragmatic, though, declaring “I can neither confirm nor deny who he is with or where he is.”

By now, you’re probably well aware of the big to-do last week, which flared up after Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi was quoted as saying that he, Ozzy, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward were working on new material and planning a tour. Just when we thought the gods of rock ‘n’ roll were smiling down on us and granting us this long-desired reunion, the rumors were quickly dismissed as speculation by Iommi.

However, his statement stopped short of an actual denial, and his manager also didn’t deny the band had been talking about working together. So, fan chatter continued to swell over the band’s “Are they or aren’t they?” status, and that’s likely to intensify as a result of these new developments.

Is this possible this Black Sabbath reunion becoming the worst kept secret in rock? Seems like it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really not excited about this. Sabbath in '05 was legitimately one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I've got no desire to see them tour again and do the same 12 songs they did on every tour from 1997-2005. Sadly, I'll probably end up going to a gig anyways as Tony is one of my favorites...

I still think a reunion of the '94 touring lineup of Martin/Iommi/Butler/Ward would have been one of the greatest things they'd ever done. The line-up sounded killer, and I'm really interested what the 4 of them could do in the studio.

EDIT: Also, since when does Sabbath have an official website?

Edited by Powerage5

Really not excited about this. Sabbath in '05 was legitimately one of the worst shows I've ever seen. I've got no desire to see them tour again and do the same 12 songs they did on every tour from 1997-2005. Sadly, I'll probably end up going to a gig anyways as Tony is one of my favorites...

I still think a reunion of the '94 touring lineup of Martin/Iommi/Butler/Ward would have been one of the greatest things they'd ever done. The line-up sounded killer, and I'm really interested what the 4 of them could do in the studio.

You don't think Heaven and Hell was good?

Even if they're way past their prime, there's still a demand to go see them.

Get out of my thread :(

And the website :lol: It's always been there, but has always said something like "COMING SOON" or something like that. I always got a chuckle, because it never changed.

Like I said when this all started up in August, I'm going to voice my disapproval, but I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm necessarily right. If you're excited about seeing the original Sabbath, all the more power to you.

You don't think Heaven and Hell was good?

Even if they're way past their prime, there's still a demand to go see them.

How did you get the idea I didn't think Heaven and Hell wasn't good? On the contrary, I think H&H was the absolute smartest thing Tony has done since hiring Tony Martin back in '87.

Meh. I guess after pretty much dominating the world with Heaven & Hell with an actual frontman who is infinitely more talented than Ozzy, they have to go to the next best lineup of BS.

Opinions, opinions. I'd love to see original BS live. Mid Ozzy era is pure gold.

Saw them at Ozzfest.

Don't hold your expectations too high and you'll have a blast.

What do you guys think makes their performance not on par with fan's expectations? Is it Ozzy, the band or their chemistry?

To me it just felt tired and bloated,so perhaps chemistry.

But hey,some people were blowing proverbial loads as they stood there in awe.

It didn't suck,it just felt kinda meh.

If you're pumped for it you'll most likely have a blast.

I wouldn't expect it to be the most amazing thing you've ever seen though.

It might not live up to that hype for you.

The Heaven and Hell tour I saw was waaaay better imo. :shrugs:

But in fairness,if they are going all out on this as their own headlining tour rather than a halfbaked reunion at Ozzfest,then maybe it will be what everyone is hoping for.

Like P5...I'm not holding my breath,but I might just end up going anyway. :tongue2: