US tour happening in November?

Guest NGOG

Well I guess this really is happening, the only question is where all they will go. Will it just be the places that sell? Or will it be more spread out so fans from everywhere can see them? As I have said one before I live in Kentucky, so I doubt I will get to see them. I'd really love to be surprised and actually get to see them live though. :tongue2:

Where in Kentucky are you?

I don't know a ton about Kentucky but I've driven through it a lot to get to and from Florida and to Memphis a couple of times. Is there any chance going up to Cinicinatti or down to maybe Memphis or Nashville would be possible for you if they play any of those places?

Dead center pretty much, and while yes they may play shows near the places you mentioned, but the problem is that I'm only 14 and my parents aren't exactly willing to go out of their way for a concert and they're not night people either, so I really don't have much of a chance to go to a show unless its somewhere near Lexington or so. Also just curious, but why would you have to drive through Kentucky to get to Memphis from Florida?

Edited by Musicman11

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess this really is happening, the only question is where all they will go. Will it just be the places that sell? Or will it be more spread out so fans from everywhere can see them? As I have said one before I live in Kentucky, so I doubt I will get to see them. I'd really love to be surprised and actually get to see them live though. :tongue2:

I don't know a ton about Kentucky but I've driven through it a lot to get to and from Florida and to Memphis a couple of times. Is there any chance going up to Cinicinatti or down to maybe Memphis or Nashville would be possible for you if they play any of those places?

Dead center pretty much, and while yes they may play shows near the places you mentioned, but the problem is that I'm only 14 and my parents aren't exactly willing to go out of their way for a concert and they're not night people either, so I really don't have much of a chance to go to a show unless its somewhere near Lexington or so. Also just curious, but why would you have to drive through Kentucky to get to Memphis from Florida?

Ah. I gotcha. After I posted that, I thought "Well, if he's dead in the middle, that won't work either" lol. And I kinda typed that wrong about the drive to Memphis. What I meant was that I've driven through Kentucky to get from Detroit to Florida and back. On some completely separate trips, I've driven through Kentucky to get from Detroit to Memphis and back. I used to have family that lived in Florida so I drove there a lot and Graceland is in Memphis so I try to drive there as often as possible. lol

But anyways, I hear what you're saying about age and distance, etc. Here's hoping you get a show close enough to you to make it happen!!

Ah. I gotcha. After I posted that, I thought "Well, if he's dead in the middle, that won't work either" lol. And I kinda typed that wrong about the drive to Memphis. What I meant was that I've driven through Kentucky to get from Detroit to Florida and back. On some completely separate trips, I've driven through Kentucky to get from Detroit to Memphis and back. I used to have family that lived in Florida so I drove there a lot and Graceland is in Memphis so I try to drive there as often as possible. lol

But anyways, I hear what you're saying about age and distance, etc. Here's hoping you get a show close enough to you to make it happen!!

Thanks for clearing that up and thanks for concern on your part. I hope I can get to see them, I'm going to be missing out on Priest's last tour, maybe GNR can be something to make up for that.

Guest siliconmessiah

How many Americans are going to ruin the shows?

One - he is a red head.

in b4 dexter...

On topic: This is great news. Let´s hope it´s true.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Thanks for clearing that up and thanks for concern on your part. I hope I can get to see them, I'm going to be missing out on Priest's last tour, maybe GNR can be something to make up for that.

That's a bummer about Priest. I've never really been a fan, but I can see being bummed about missing their last time out. I'm hoping something happens near ya for GNR and hopefully we'll know the lay out of the tour sooner than later.

That's one of the only good things about living in Detroit is the location. It's a major enough market to where pretty much all tours I would wanna see come within a 30 minute drive of me. And then if I chose, I can drive up to 3 1/2 hours away to hit Cleveland, Chicago or anything in between to catch the same tour again.

That's a bummer about Priest. I've never really been a fan, but I can see being bummed about missing their last time out. I'm hoping something happens near ya for GNR and hopefully we'll know the lay out of the tour sooner than later.

That's one of the only good things about living in Detroit is the location. It's a major enough market to where pretty much all tours I would wanna see come within a 30 minute drive of me. And then if I chose, I can drive up to 3 1/2 hours away to hit Cleveland, Chicago or anything in between to catch the same tour again.

Well thats good to hear, I can see GNR having a date close enough to you, another thing that sucks is I missed out on Buckethead too, since he was in Covington. I'm hoping there won't be a repeat of these events. Back on topic though, this really seems to be plausible. I would have expected an announcement by now though :P

Man don't let living in KY be your excuse. I saw Guns in 2001 at the famous House Of Blues show in Las Vegas (01/01/01), In Columbus in 2002, and Cleveland in 2006 and I live in Kentucky (Leitchfield). The fact is I wanted to see the band and distance was all that was in the way. I realize it is a tough economy but there is still time to put a little in savings and see GNR.

Guest siliconmessiah

Man don't let living in KY be your excuse. I saw Guns in 2001 at the famous House Of Blues show in Las Vegas (01/01/01), In Columbus in 2002, and Cleveland in 2006 and I live in Kentucky (Leitchfield). The fact is I wanted to see the band and distance was all that was in the way. I realize it is a tough economy but there is still time to put a little in savings and see GNR.

I agree. You should do everything you want to see your favourite band. Work your ass off or try to sell something, it will be worth it in the end.

Personally, I wouldn´t go too far to see this incarnation of the band if they´re not supporting a new album, I saw them in 2006 and that´s enough. I would rather had seen them in 2002.

But you should really go if this is your chance and your moment! Go for it!

Edited by siliconmessiah

I agree. You should do everything you want to see your favourite band. Work your ass off or try to sell something, it will be worth it in the end.

Personally, I wouldn´t go too far to see this incarnation of the band if they´re not supporting a new album, I saw them in 2006 and that´s enough. I would rather had seen them in 2002.

But you should really go if this is your chance and your moment! Go for it!

Like I pointed out earlier, I'm only 14, and the problem isn't money, its transportation as I have no one to take me beyond at most 50 miles just for a band. I've also got school that prevents me from doing things concert related if they're in the middle of the week. If I could drive, then I would go anywhere I could, but alas thats still a couple of years away :P

Guest siliconmessiah

Wait, so they ARE for sure touring the US?

I donno what you think?

It isn´t censored at the gestapo board, and the propaganda minister posted in the thread over there himself.

This might be very true, and that´s great news for GNR and its fans!

Edited by siliconmessiah

Wait, so they ARE for sure touring the US?

I donno what you think?

It isn´t censored at the gestapo board, and the propaganda minister posted in the thread over there himself.

This might be very true, and that´s great news for GNR and its fans!

It is very good news indeed :thumbsup: The fans in the U.S NEED to see this band LIVE in person. I am going to try to make a few shows myself, hope to hook up with some forum members there as well :)

As always we have to be carefull and happy at the same time, untill GN'R confirm things, then we can get really excited!!!

Edited by gunsguy

Guest siliconmessiah

As always we have to be carefull and happy at the same time, untill GN'R confirm things, then we can get really excited!!!

Yes. We´ve been through this a couple of times. =) We´ll probably get confirmation in the coming weeks if this is the case.

Let´s hope that there´ll be good ticket sales and that the venues are suited for GNR. Here´s to hoping!

Edited by siliconmessiah

I am there if they are within 250 miles of me!!!!!!

But it would be suicide for the band without a new album coming out in the very near future.

GNR may be big in south america and europe but in the US they are a tuff sell.

They need some hype to get this thing going and have good ticket sales, but CD US tour # 3 ain't it.

It makes no real difference to me if there is new album or not, I am going anyway!!!!!

I really want them to have a US tour that is goes over good. 02 was a train wreck, 06 was somewhat better but still not up to snuff as far as ticket sales in the weaker market.

They could only hit the biggest cities in order to make it look like they are selling out a bunch of shows and skip the ifey markets which would mean I get no show close enough but would understand if that is what they do.

I am there if they are within 250 miles of me!!!!!!

But it would be suicide for the band without a new album coming out in the very near future.

GNR may be big in south america and europe but in the US they are a tuff sell.

They need some hype to get this thing going and have good ticket sales, but CD US tour # 3 ain't it.

It makes no real difference to me if there is new album or not, I am going anyway!!!!!

I really want them to have a US tour that is goes over good. 02 was a train wreck, 06 was somewhat better but still not up to snuff as far as ticket sales in the weaker market.

They could only hit the biggest cities in order to make it look like they are selling out a bunch of shows and skip the ifey markets which would mean I get no show close enough but would understand if that is what they do.

That's about my radius too. Anywhere within about 250 miles and I'm on it like stink on a monkey.

The US is a tough nut to crack. It's chalked full of Slashites. Many are unaware that Axl has formed a new band and released a new album under Guns N' Roses. They will show up and yell "Where the fuck is Slash?"

Edited by BirdCatcher