Anyone Miss Oh My God and Silkworms?

Musicman11

I don't know about anyone else, but two songs that I really miss from the setlist (and the Chinese Democracy album as well.) are Silkworms and Oh My God, the versions played at Rock In Rio 3 back in 2001 were great instrumentally and were good vocally. I think given the chance they would sound amazing if still played today. They have that very industrial feeling that I liked about Guns back then. What I don't understand is why they didn't make it on the album, theres still about 8 minutes left for use and I think If The World could have been replaced as well in order to break up the rather large string of ballads we had on Chinese Democracy. So what is your opinion on this? Should they be in the setlist again? Should they have been on Chinese Democracy? Do you think one might make it on the next CD?

If you don't like ballads than you have a small dick.

No need to be offensive, I really just didn't like If The World and the fact that the majority of ballads were crammed into one section. I just wished that they had included these two so that the album was heavy and soft at the same time. I love Sorry, This I Love, Catcher In The Rye, There Was A Time, Better, and Street Of Dreams, so don't tell me I don't like the ballads, for the most part I just keep my Ipod on repeat for the Chinese Democracy album when I feel like listening to it and love everything but If The World. Like I said I would have just liked another heavy song on the CD, plus I actually liked the songs in the first place.

I apologize for offending you. You reacted well.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh My God and Silkworms are good parts in a direction for GNR that would have been nice to hear more of.

But as Buckethead, Brain and Finck left, so did apparently the thoughts of a more industrial sound. =(

By the way, didn´t Axl confirm in the chats that Silkworms had been re-worked? Would have been amazing to hear that!

Maybe it was felt two industrial tracks didn't fit with the rest of the record. It would be nice if it showed up on an EP or a new compilation.

Guest Len B'stard

Oh My God was brilliant...sounded despairing. And Silkworms too, it's nice to see Axl taking a venture back to just deeply offensive with no possible excuse :lol: "Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heeard" Yeeaahhh! :D

Why? I don't need to explain anything. Are you offended?

No, I like all kinds of music. I'm just curious as to why you felt the need to question someone's penis size simply because he doesn't like the same type of music as you.

Edited by Nintari

Just fucking with the guy. Don't need to get your panties in a twist. Can we go back on topic now?

If you stop insulting people under the guise humor, sure. Afterall, the only reason we're OFF topic is because you WENT off topic to begin with.

And Silkworms too, it's nice to see Axl taking a venture back to just deeply offensive with no possible excuse :lol:"Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heeard" Yeeaahhh! :D

Yeah, this is the best first line in song ever :D

Idk about silkworms, since it was never officially released, but oh my god got so much backlash from fans and critics that's its not even funny. Just don't see the point in bringing back songs that a small minority of fans even remeber.

I like Oh My God,as well as Silkworms.Also liked My world,and would take all three of these over the crap that is played on the radio these days. Never officially released,so I guess you've never heard cornchucker or crash diet? :rolleyes:

Loved cornshucker and crash diet. Although cornshucker isn't a gnr original. I was just stating fact. Most fans were turned off by these songs, so why bring back songs that got major backlash?

Because it did cause a reaction,and majority doesn't always rule.Ever hear of "the outpatience"?

Also, the stones "exile on mainstreet" was considered a failure at the time,so you never can tell.

Idk about silkworms, since it was never officially released, but oh my god got so much backlash from fans and critics that's its not even funny. Just don't see the point in bringing back songs that a small minority of fans even remeber.

Isn't this the same minority of fans that still supports Guns and goes to their shows, just saying. But I think they've lost most of the casual fans by this point, I think the true fans are going to the shows still. This shows just how big GNR is, but I will not say every fan likes these two songs, because that is a downright lie. But given I think the true fans still going to the shows, at least half will probably like it. Oh and for the casual people they'll just think they heard something new and put it up on Youtube talking about an awesome new song or just like a heavy song in the setlist.

Edited by Musicman11

Isn't this the same minority of fans that still supports Guns and goes to their shows, just saying. But I think they've lost most of the casual fans by this point, I think the true fans are going to the shows still. This shows just how big GNR is, but I will not say every fan likes these two songs, because that is a downright lie. But given I think the true fans still going to the shows, at least half will probably like it. Oh and for the casual people they'll just think they heard something new and put it up on Youtube talking about an awesome new song or just like a heavy song in the setlist.

Agreed,for example I played Black Sabbath's "changes" at a recent impromptu gathering,and one of my younger friends thirtyish,thought it was a new song,and wouldn't believe it was.B.S. :lol:

I don't care much at all for Silkworms but Oh My God is a fucking great song that really needs to be re-recorded and released.

Yeah :thumbsup:

Loved cornshucker and crash diet. Although cornshucker isn't a gnr original. I was just stating fact. Most fans were turned off by these songs, so why bring back songs that got major backlash?

Hey BoBo,have you actually bothered to listen to cornchucker by The Mentors? It blows chunks :lol:

Hey BoBo,have you actually bothered to listen to cornchucker by The Mentors? It blows chunks :lol:

Hardy harr harr, you called me "bobo". Aren't you always the first one reaching for the pepto bismol over petty insults?

The majority of gnr concert guoers are actually going for the hits. It's not a big secret, or conspiracy. In fact, remember when I used to say that nu guns play about 8 or 9 songs of their own material at concerts? I was actually giving them too much credit. I was looking at some of their setlists from 09 and 2010, and saw as few as FIVE nu gun songs on there. FIVE. Fifteen years as their own band and we get FIVE nu songs at a show. And now people are complaining that they're not playing their abysmal songs?

As groghan said, let's just move forward, and hope the new nu songs make more noise than the, again FIVE original nu songs do currently. And I'm not trying to bash the band, I sincerley hope they can make a bang in the future, beginning with rio.

Nah,I take phenergan to read your posts,didn't you say you had never seen GNR live? Good Deal though you actually impressed me with a positive post. :thumbsup: