What if we don't get another GnR record, ever?

saber_

There's always other bands to listen to..

(not including Live Era, and Greatest Hits) other than the Axl solo album, there hasn't been a Guns N'Roses album since "The Spaghetti Incident?" and that was a covers album. In the years since they formed and fell apart, there really should have been more output.

Shoulda,coulda,woulda :violin:

Do you know another song ? this one is tiresome.

Yeah, let's just enjoy the silence, and the nostalgia shows that are few and far in between.

I actually am hoping they play new songs at these upcoming shows though. And that they're really fucking good for the fan's sake.

bobo nobody enjoys the silence from the band. But as adults, most of us don't choose to whine and cry about a band that we love, on a daily basis in every single topic. It is called beating a dead horse. It serves no purpose.

And I will let u in on a little secret. The world is not going to end of they don't in unveil new songs in Rio. The band is not going go dissolve. The fanbase won't disappear.

And guess what????? If they play the classics (like 99% of those in attendance want), 5-6 songs off Chinese, and no unreleased songs....you and Norte and star and sunny and silicon and a couple others will still come to the forum everyday and birch and moan about it.

After the cluster that was the release of cd, I doubt the boys will play any new songs unless they are fairly certain a new album is going to be released soon. Maybe Rio will kick off a new album and new tour. Maybe its just a band wanting to play some live shows (that's what bands do).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bobo nobody enjoys the silence from the band. But as adults, most of us don't choose to whine and cry about a band that we love, on a daily basis in every single topic. It is called beating a dead horse. It serves no purpose.

It's not like there's anything else to talk about. Pittman's solo show? Axl's hair?

People throw in their 2 cents because the forum is labeled "discussion". The band was built on drama, so even if they're doing nothing of note, they have certainly left the fans with plenty of things to discuss.

Loving a band does not mean approving of everything they do, or ignoring the bad, that's battered fan syndrome.

Guest siliconmessiah

(not including Live Era, and Greatest Hits) other than the Axl solo album, there hasn't been a Guns N'Roses album since "The Spaghetti Incident?" and that was a covers album. In the years since they formed and fell apart, there really should have been more output.

Yeah, let's just enjoy the silence, and the nostalgia shows that are few and far in between.

I actually am hoping they play new songs at these upcoming shows though. And that they're really fucking good for the fan's sake.

And I will let u in on a little secret. The world is not going to end of they don't in unveil new songs in Rio. The band is not going go dissolve. The fanbase won't disappear.

And guess what????? If they play the classics (like 99% of those in attendance want), 5-6 songs off Chinese, and no unreleased songs....you and Norte and star and sunny and silicon and a couple others will still come to the forum everyday and birch and moan about it.

After the cluster that was the release of cd, I doubt the boys will play any new songs unless they are fairly certain a new album is going to be released soon. Maybe Rio will kick off a new album and new tour. Maybe its just a band wanting to play some live shows (that's what bands do).

But I think it´s relevant to point out that the silence contradicts the fact that Axl said he took hold of the name Guns N´ Roses to keep it alive and release new music.

To go around the globe now and then playing nostalgia shows with people, some of them that has never played on a Guns N´ Roses-record, does not qualify into that. That´s not what he said he would do with the band name.

That is nothing but utter bullshit, and I am surprised that you cannot see that Groghan. Axl lied to his fans about that part, and releasing a video part, and releasing more music part. He did not deliver what he promised, hence the negative view from some people.

Take a look over the past 10 years and take a sober look at Guns N´ Roses. Think of what could have come out of this, and look what happened all the way. It cannot just be coincidence, can it? Too many bad and weird things happened to be just mishappenings now and then. It´s somewhat of a clusterfuck.

About the band is not going to dissolve, and the fanbase not dissapearing.

I am surprised you are so sure about this Groghan, as you have seen the band dissolve a number of times since 1993. People have come and people have left. Years of silence with the band dissolved - that has happened. What stone have you been sleeping under?

And the fanbase then. Well, the piss cups started to fly towards this band in 2010. Did you miss that too Groghan? The negative views on GNR has probably never been more intense than now.

And look at their Facebook - every 5:th message on their Facebook-status is bashing the new lineup. People, the casual fans, doesn´t even know who´s in the band?!?!!?! Look at some of the comments on their Facebook-page. Hilarious and tragic at the same time.

I could probably go on for another page, but I´ll stop here, as I think you know what I´m saying.

Wake up boy...wake up.

This is nothing that I wanted to happen with my favourite band, and I am totally free to voice my opinion about it without being labeled an idiot by some GNR-fundamentalists, that can´t see the obvious flaws of this band.

And I wished Axl the best all the way, supporting him and his visions throughout the years.

But I saw that there is nothing to back those visions up, just as Buckethead did, and Finck, and Brain. I guess they just got tired of The Chinese Democracy World Tour. Can´t blame ´em.

4949773348_a8bed9c2b5.jpg

Edited by siliconmessiah

Haha...sailaway.

You watchin´ over every thread pointing fingers at those who happens to criticising Axl in any way. And you also take everything so personal that it´s almost weird.

It seems that it´s only you that enjoys the complete silence of the debris that once was GNR.

I don't hear silence,Ron put up a live stream w/Poc,Chris just played 2 shows,Tommy is doing an NYC gig among others. Dates are being announced etc.

You and the Bitch club need a new hobby.

But I think it´s relevant to point out that the silence contradicts the fact that Axl said he took hold of the name Guns N´ Roses to keep it alive and release new music.

To go around the globe now and then playing nostalgia shows with people, some of them that has never played on a Guns N´ Roses-record, does not qualify into that. That´s not what he said he would do with the band name.

That is nothing but utter bullshit, and I am surprised that you cannot see that Groghan. Axl lied to his fans about that part, and releasing a video part, and releasing more music part. He did not deliver what he promised, hence the negative view from some people.

Take a look over the past 10 years and take a sober look at Guns N´ Roses. Think of what could have come out of this, and look what happened all the way. It cannot just be coincidence, can it? Too many bad and weird things happened to be just mishappenings now and then. It´s somewhat of a clusterfuck.

About the band is not going to dissolve, and the fanbase not dissapearing.

I am surprised you are so sure about this Groghan, as you have seen the band dissolve a number of times since 1993. People have come and people have left. Years of silence with the band dissolved - that has happened. What stone have you been sleeping under?

And the fanbase then. Well, the piss cups started to fly towards this band in 2010. Did you miss that too Groghan? The negative views on GNR has probably never been more intense than now.

And look at their Facebook - every 5:th message on their Facebook-status is bashing the new lineup. People, the casual fans, doesn´t even know who´s in the band?!?!!?! Look at some of the comments on their Facebook-page. Hilarious and tragic at the same time.

I could probably go on for another page, but I´ll stop here, as I think you know what I´m saying.

Wake up boy...wake up.

This is nothing that I wanted to happen with my favourite band, and I am totally free to voice my opinion about it without being labeled an idiot by some GNR-fundamentalists, that can´t see the obvious flaws of this band.

And I wished Axl the best all the way, supporting him and his visions throughout the years.

But I saw that there is nothing to back those visions up, just as Buckethead did, and Finck, and Brain. I guess they just got tired of The Chinese Democracy World Tour. Can´t blame ´em.

4949773348_a8bed9c2b5.jpg

Typical Bitch club response. Boring and redundant.

Honestly, nobody really cares about the solo projects of the cover band. And did you see how they "wouldn't" talk about the band? Not that there's, ya know, a gag order in place or anything (sarcasm).

And he doesn't have a point? Why because he has a conflicting opinion? Didn't axl take the gnr name to do all those things? Just because you can't think of a rebuttal and our side stumped you, doesn't mean we're "whine asses". This isn't nazi germany, this is a discussion page for all fans of gnr to come and talk about what's become of their favorite band.

They talk about GNR every time they do an interview. Ron doesn't want to talk GNR on livestream because he's there to talk about Poc. I'm sure he's tired of everyone bitching about Guns.

We have tour dates coming up and we WILL get another album. Axl owes the record company one, anyhow.

If GNR is dead to you, then why come on here and spew negativity? That's really unhealthy.

Guest siliconmessiah

I'm sure he's tired of everyone bitching about Guns.

Yeah.

I would be dead tired if I was actually in a band and its fans kept on asking me questions about it.

Not tired of the people asking though...in the end, you can´t really blame them, even if you want to, packersnroses.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Silicon....most of what you say is true.

But I don't hold Axl up to a different standard than I do everybody else. In the last 15 years have your plans ever changed? Have you said you were going to do something and then changed your mind? I know I have. I promised an employer five years and left after two. I bagged out of a major vacation with friends. I broke off an actual engagement to a woman that a month before we thought we would be married forever. Were these all LIES on my part? No. Life happens. Plans change. Events come up that change people's plans. Doesn't mean they are liars or that they are trying to deceive you. And seriously, it doesn't mean they deserved to be bashed for it the rest of their lives. I'm not angry at Axl. He didnt purposely lie to us. I dont carry grudges against rock singers. Life is tooo short to be constantly angry at a singer in a band.

That's the difference between me and you and your crew (bobo, norte, etc). Everybody involved is unhappy with the lack of new music. Probably even Axl. But I don't see the point of crying and moaning about it everyday in every single topic. The constant negativety.....solves nothing. Think about people you know in real life that are constant complainers or whiners. Is it fun to hang out and talk to them? Well that's what u guys turn the forum into. Every topic I know there will be negative remarks from you guys.

I truly believe that the fans who have been complaining care more for this band than the ones who are perfectly satisfied with a years of nothing.

To me its just pure logic. In one camp you have people who don't like the fact that their favourite band does nothing, and on the other hand there are people who think this is perfectly fine.

I hate the fact that the band I grew up loving, and still love threw it all away when they had the chance to be legends like the Stones, Led Zepp.

A guy as talented as Axl should have released at least ten albums of original material at this stage in his career, its as simple as that.

I truly believe that the fans who have been complaining care more for this band than the ones who are perfectly satisfied with a years of nothing.

To me its just pure logic. In one camp you have people who don't like the fact that their favourite band does nothing, and on the other hand there are people who think this is perfectly fine.

I hate the fact that the band I grew up loving, and still love threw it all away when they had the chance to be legends like the Stones, Led Zepp.

A guy as talented as Axl should have released at least ten albums of original material at this stage in his career, its as simple as that.

I believe this also. Enablers and Interventionists ( I realize addiction may not be the best analogy but it kind of makes sense to me)

The enablers say o, everything great. No problem, latestarts, O , Axl does what he wants, its soooooo rock n roll! Lawsiuts, they deserve to be sued! No new record, Axls a true artist and doesnt just churn out generic rock n roll. No news or interviews, O, Axl is soooo mysterious. He doesnt whore out for the limelight. They stand back and say nothing, act like nothin is wrong. HAHAHAHAHA Those are just excuses IMO.

Interventionists actually intervein and say hey, I love this band what the fuck is going on, because THEY fuckin care , and want to protest whats happend to Guns. They want to see changes for the beter, and feel their voce may make a difference ( wether it does or not)

I can respect the optimism though. But realistic optimism for the future. Not blind- do- no-wrong worship for Axl. But to each his own. Im not gonna bash someone for the way they chose to support GNR. Its just a ban and a messageboard. LOL! Its like I hope they debut songs at RIR, and if they dont, they will definatley see critisism on this board. And that should tolerated, and the people from which the critisism comes, shouldnt be dubbed not fans or bad fans or naysayers. This is music, not a dictatorship,....O wait...... :tongue2:

Silicon....most of what you say is true.

But I don't hold Axl up to a different standard than I do everybody else. In the last 15 years have your plans ever changed? Have you said you were going to do something and then changed your mind? I know I have. I promised an employer five years and left after two. I bagged out of a major vacation with friends. I broke off an actual engagement to a woman that a month before we thought we would be married forever. Were these all LIES on my part? No. Life happens. Plans change. Events come up that change people's plans. Doesn't mean they are liars or that they are trying to deceive you. And seriously, it doesn't mean they deserved to be bashed for it the rest of their lives. I'm not angry at Axl. He didnt purposely lie to us. I dont carry grudges against rock singers. Life is tooo short to be constantly angry at a singer in a band.

That's the difference between me and you and your crew (bobo, norte, etc). Everybody involved is unhappy with the lack of new music. Probably even Axl. But I don't see the point of crying and moaning about it everyday in every single topic. The constant negativety.....solves nothing. Think about people you know in real life that are constant complainers or whiners. Is it fun to hang out and talk to them? Well that's what u guys turn the forum into. Every topic I know there will be negative remarks from you guys.

Groghan is one of the most sensible intelligent people on the forum imo. You can drive yourself crazy trying to rationalize and make sense of your own life,much less someone else's. Plans change,situations change and issues arise in life that wreck the best intentions.It's unhealthy to put a negative spin on every angle involving GNR.Misery loves company I suppose.

Everyday in every topic I see the same group of people like silicon,BoBo,and star relentlessly trashing and bashing the band and I don't get it.I have changed my mind,changed my plans,cancel out on meetings and appointments.Does that make me a liar or somehow make me a bad person? Absolutely not its called life,and I can't name a single solitary person that hasn't had a monkeywrench thrown into their gears at times.

The nonstop bitching from the same people,everyday.I don't see the purpose in it and it goes further than creative criticism or discussion. :(

But I don't see the point of crying and moaning about it everyday in every single topic. The constant negativety.....solves nothing. Think about people you know in real life that are constant complainers or whiners. Is it fun to hang out and talk to them? Well that's what u guys turn the forum into. Every topic I know there will be negative remarks from you guys.

Considering everyone of your posts is bitching and whining about people who criticize Axl and NuGnR and are equally negative I would say you are the pot calling the kettle black mate.............

Fail.

I make lots of posts that aren't in response to the daily negative posts that you guys make. So u are wrong.

And my posts and fans of the band's posts bother you.....but the people that come to a GnR forum and make negative posts everyday, in every topic...in your world that is perfectly OK? Hypocritical much?

And childish insults aside.....this is the weirdest band forum I've ever visited. Fans of the band are called cupcakes. People come here daily to bash the singer and the band. With fans like you and your group, who needs enemies.

I'm baffled you don't "understand" this. But as a fan of Axl and GnR I will continue to come post here, and as a fan of Axl and GnR I will respond to those people who bash him/them on a daily basis, in every topic. The fact you think I'm the problem and the daily negative posters aren't......wow. makes no sense to me.

Rawker is brilliant.

A very high percentage of several forum posters are about other peoples opinion or critisisms of the band.

Thats why ive refered to what they do as policing the forum. Cause thats what they do.

I have news for the forum police. A person can not likeCD, Axls antics, noncommunication, etc. And still be a fan of Guns n Roses AND have every right to post their opinions on this forum. Who are you to decide who should post or wht they should. If you dont agree with that, there is still hope. As rawker stated, all your troubles end, with a click of a mouse.......jarmos calling.

But I don't see the point of crying and moaning about it everyday in every single topic. The constant negativety.....solves nothing. Think about people you know in real life that are constant complainers or whiners. Is it fun to hang out and talk to them? Well that's what u guys turn the forum into. Every topic I know there will be negative remarks from you guys.

Considering everyone of your posts is bitching and whining about people who criticize Axl and NuGnR and are equally negative I would say you are the pot calling the kettle black mate.............

Fail.

I make lots of posts that aren't in response to the daily negative posts that you guys make. So u are wrong.

And my posts and fans of the band's posts bother you.....but the people that come to a GnR forum and make negative posts everyday, in every topic...in your world that is perfectly OK? Hypocritical much?

And childish insults aside.....this is the weirdest band forum I've ever visited. Fans of the band are called cupcakes. People come here daily to bash the singer and the band. With fans like you and your group, who needs enemies.

I'm baffled you don't "understand" this. But as a fan of Axl and GnR I will continue to come post here, and as a fan of Axl and GnR I will respond to those people who bash him/them on a daily basis, in every topic. The fact you think I'm the problem and the daily negative posters aren't......wow. makes no sense to me.

You rarely make post without whining about the Axl/NuGnR critics mate...and you are wrong I do understand your frustration but what I don't understand is why you subject yourself to it when it obviously upsets you so much.

I can ask you the same question you ask the critics, why do you come to this forum when the criticism upsets you so much when you can join HTGTH forum where such criticism is not allowed?...no more bashing of Axl and NuGnR.....seems like that would be paradise for you....

You seem to be the one who refuses to accept the fact that in a forum which allows free speech you will have people who voice opinoins you don't like..once you accept that fact the critics shouldn't bother you anymore...I used to get riled up about people saying stupid shit about Slash until I realized I really don't give a fuck about their opinion and guess what it stopped bothering me...I like what Slash does and that is all that matters......seems pretty simple to me......

Great post, I agree :thumbsup:

Rhetorical question: Why do each of you come to this website day in and day out?

Every goddamned one of you would feel an emptiness inside your soul for the rest of your life if you knew for certain there was never going to be another Guns n' Roses record.

Rhetorical question: Why do each of you come to this website day in and day out?

Every goddamned one of you would feel an emptiness inside your soul for the rest of your life if you knew for certain there was never going to be another Guns n' Roses record.

I come to the forum to check up on my favorite group and have a bit of fun seeing what other fans opinions are and mixing in mine here and there. Nothing more nothing less. Dont know if Ide feel an emptiness in my soul but it would definatley be disapointing. I dig the new name by the way. niiiiiice!

Sigh.

You guys keep talking about free speech and the right to voice your opinion......but you don't afford me that same privilege????? It is ok to bash Axl every day, in every topic....but it isn't ok to respond to that? Freedom of speech goes both ways. It isn't just for people who agree with you.

I hate htgth. It is a terrible forum. And once again. I criticize a lot of what Axl does and has done. The way he has handled GnR the past decade is ludicrous. I just don't see the point of bashing him every day for it. And if you make 25 negative posts for every one positive post......then you might say you are a fan, but you aren't.

What you guys do is the same as going to your ex-girlfriends Facebook every day and making bad comments. Even tho u broke up ten years ago. You go every day and post that her new bf is an emo douche who isn't as good as you, you bash her for who her friends are, you bash the choices she has made in life, you bash her weight, her hair style. And then when one of her friends defends her.......you sulk and say you always will love and support her, that I just want people to know the real her, that you refuse to kiss her ass like her friends do, that your still mad because 10 years ago she said she loved you.......

We all agree that you were a stalker.

But that's what you people do here.

Bash Axl and the band all you want. I just don't get why u would want to do that 25 times a day. Why wouldn't you find a band that inspired you to write 25 positive posts a day.

I get why u guys are frustrated and upset. I just don't get why u want to stay mired in the negativity.

And.....so a die-hard fan of GnR should leave the forum...but people who bash the band every day should stay????

That's logic I will never understand. Do u guys go to any forums of things that you enjoy? Music, sports, politics, etc?

Not even close.

Just because there's a certainty that there's no new product coming from a band isn't a good reason to not be interested or stop discussing them. I discuss Pink Floyd and Elvis quite a bit as they're some of my favorite artists. Neither of them have or have had anything "new" coming for quite some time. It doesn't mean I've lost interest.