How Good of a RAPPER do you think Axl can be?

gnrfan2007

eminem is not the best white rapper.

Who is better? Vanilla Ice?

IMO, necro, ill bill and vinnie paz for example. with that said. marshall mathers lp is one of my absolute favorite rap albums ever.

oh and quit trying to be funny, it's obvious that you're not.

to OP. is zack de la rocha really considered "white"?

Edited by CheapJon

No way lol. Eminem is not only the best white rapper, he's top 3 all time amongst ALL rappers.

Better than Rakim? Nope. Better than KRS One? Nope. Better than 2Pac? Nope. Better than Ice Cube? Nope. Better than Eightball? Nope. Better than Big L? Nope.....

laughable statement.

I'd have to challenge that. KRS and Rakim are from a different era, great pioneers but they don't match eminem's technical skill. I give Pac the edge over em, not because he's particularly all that strong of a technical lyricist but the power of his lyrics and his aura and legacy puts him as the greatest in my opinion. Ice Cube was again a gangsta pioneer but has lost relevance, he is more respected than he is listened to. Still top 10 though. Big L COULD have been one of the greatest, he was just cut down too early. What he left us with was very impressive (one of the few rappers I've hear kill Jay-z on a track, another being Eminem) catalogue but with content that wasn't very diverse.

My top 5 dead or Alive

1. Pac

2. Big

3. Eminem/Jay-z

5. Nas

I have a hard time giving eminem the edge of jay-z, because jay-z is the embodiment of the hip hop rags to riches story. But Em did kill him on renegade.

/rap nerding.

Guest Len B'stard
I have a hard time giving eminem the edge of jay-z, because jay-z is the embodiment of the hip hop rags to riches story. But Em did kill him on renegade.

It weren't a battle, it was a song they were both on, so how could Em' kill him?

Biggie Smalls, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick best rappers of all time, period.

And here's Eminem getting "done" on a track if featuring is to be considered battling...and y'wanna know the funny bit? Big laid his bits down first so Em' had all the time in the world to craft something superior:

Pure fucking hip hop MC of the high quality/calibre/order. Biggie had something very few rappers have which is an actual rhythm to their shit. This is something Eminem lacked for ages, he showed glimpses of it in the song Business but hasn't really started working on it since post-The Eminem Show. He's an evil rhymer, up there with the best of them, no doubt whatsoever but rhythm is something he has lacked although not incapable of. Biggies shit had a melody to it almost, something you could hum along too, Em's is very dense and packed and, especially of late, really intense sort of tapestry of different rhyme schemes, he's really made a fine art of that but, in my opinion, Biggie trumps him.

Biggie had it all though, amazing storyteller, amazing everything. You can literally get a primer on hip hop MCing from the following albums:

Long Live Kane - Big Daddy Kane

Ready to Die - Biggie Smalls

The Great Adeventures of Slick Rick - Slick Rick

Paid in Full - Eric B & Rakim

Eminem is something else though, REALLY something else, whatever you might have to say about him he's intense. But to be quite honest, i prefer his flat out MCing more than his songs. Stuff like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3VwNnzo9SA

whoooooooo..

Guest Len B'stard
no love for Big Pun?

I'm suprised anyone on here's heard of him to be honest. Capital Punishment is how it's done, fucking incredible, end to end just a brilliant fucking album. Saw a documentary on him actually, was fantastic. But yeah, Pun was fucking brilliant. He suffered from that thing that rap artists do though where their sophmore effort goes into that sort of lax player RnB type crap and lose what was good about em. Big L did it with his second album, the Big Picture i think it was called although i might be wrong, he was a fucking lethal MC, like seriously brilliant, his first album, Lifestyles Uv Da Poor & Dangerous was fucking fantastic but his second one was...he was just as good lyrically but you can tell he kind of got a bit of money and just made it into this fucking Players Club RnB type smooth crap with gangsta shit laid over it, it weren't all that. Same with Biggie Smalls, his second album, Life After Death, i think, weren't a patch on his first one for that same reason. And it's the same thing with Yeeeeah Babyyyy, Puns second album. Fantastic lyricism but the production and...y'know, it just went fucking soft.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't think I heard anything other CP or greatest hits type package. Ma$e wound me up.

Yeah, Ma$e Murder, who decides to be a preacher...then decides to be a rapper again, bless him :lol: Also, if you haven't already, as a favor to me, download Lifestyles Uv Da Poor & Dangerous by Big L and if you don't like it, i'll refund you the cost of what it'd've taken to buy it, it is that fucking good!! (offer lasts for a limited time only :lol:...oh, there it goes!).

No seriously man, check out that fucking album and i guarantee you on the second listen it'll be a classic.

Edited by sugaraylen

Frankly I'm glad Axl never went rapping like Steven Tyler is about to (or already has? Don't remember). RAP is a style of music I'm not fond of, I don't really consider it music to be honest, more of a different way of expression than speaking.

Eminem is the only rapper I really enjoy, but it's not just about the music, his lyrics are incredibly great, they way he hammers some of his lines make him the best imo. I don't see Axl rapping ever haha, doesn't match him, same way I would see Eminem singing hard rock songs.

Eminem was no doubt very talented, but he doesn't exactly have the best voice or flow. I don't rank him with NWA, Public Enemy, Tribe Called Quest, Ice T, Wu Tang, Das EFX, Compton's Most Wanted, Rakim, Eric Sermon, Big Boi, Andre 3000, Pac, Warren G, Snoop, Biggie or any of the classic late 80's and 90's rappers. Those guys all had a message or interesting stories to tell. Eminem's act of making fun of celebrities, and others, has gotten old and lame. His last album about his sobriety was especially sellout, nauseating and wack. I'd say that Ice Cube is probably the greatest rapper overall when it comes right down to it. Eazy E had the coolest voice though.

I actually really like his rapping. It Tastes Good... Don't It? is supposed to be tasteless, and it's amusing to rap to people who aren't Guns fans. They always look so disturbed.(x

The fucking song was contrived to get them kicked off the Maiden tour,it is supposed to offend.

"

The PARADISE CITY verses is very RAP-PY, including the guitar riff.

Hence why, House of Pain loves covering that song with Slash. Hence why, Slash is the de-facto rock guitarist rap artists seek.

So it makes me wonder, if PARADISE CITY can be considered a rock-rap song ... and if so, is it one of the first rock-rap songs by a band (without no outside rappers)?

Hence why, House of Pain loves covering that song with w slashy,Hence why, is why

the de-facto rock guitarist rap artists seek.

So it makes me wonder, if PARADISE CITY can be considered a rock-rap song ... and if so, is it one of the first rock-rap songs by a band (without no outside rappers)?

:xmassrudolph:

Hence why, House of Pain loves covering that song with Slash. Hence why, Slash is the de-facto rock guitarist rap artists seek.

that would be cypress hill