"Next Album not in production yet. Lets get the shows out of the way"

Guest Gunns

Did anyone else catch it before Tommy deleted it, Im guessing he shouldn't of said it, surely his twitter account wasnt hacked twice in 1 day..

stinsonm.jpg

Great attitude Tommy.

"Get the shows outta the way".

WTF. This cannot be real?

It's probably real tho he may deny it.

I don't see a bad attitude here. Anybody who works with Axl takes it one step at a time. Getting the shows booked, the band rehearsing (hopefully) with Axl, getting him to cooperate with promotion and getting him out on the stage are all monumental enough tasks. Must be tiring to have fans expecting more than that.

It's highly unlikely there's been much thought at all given to another record -- or more accurately, serious, focused thought. I'd guess that there's no machinery in place to do this, anyway. Not sure of the label status or if the terms of the Azoff settlement affect anything. The budget will be an issue, no open check book. Self-financed, self-produced maybe, but that's going to take a reasonably successful tour.

Looking at the other thread about the copies of the alternative art that surfaces is a reminder of the reasons why there may not be a line-up of people willing to invest time and money into projects that always seem to get derailed. Knowing they can be virtually on the truck and ready to roll and still get screwed up doesn't generate a lot of confidence.

Anyway, I think when production is underway we'll know it.

Guest siliconmessiah

oh my... read that sentence again. get the shows out of the way so they can start working on it.

hadn't thought about it like that :shock:

Great. Start working on it...CD 2 starts in 2020 with a totally new lineup.

This is such bullshit from GNR!

Great attitude Tommy.

"Get the shows outta the way".

WTF. This cannot be real?

It's probably real tho he may deny it.

I don't see a bad attitude here. Anybody who works with Axl takes it one step at a time. Getting the shows booked, the band rehearsing (hopefully) with Axl, getting him to cooperate with promotion and getting him out on the stage are all monumental enough tasks. Must be tiring to have fans expecting more than that.

It's highly unlikely there's been much thought at all given to another record -- or more accurately, serious, focused thought. I'd guess that there's no machinery in place to do this, anyway. Not sure of the label status or if the terms of the Azoff settlement affect anything. The budget will be an issue, no open check book. Self-financed, self-produced maybe, but that's going to take a reasonably successful tour.

Looking at the other thread about the copies of the alternative art that surfaces is a reminder of the reasons why there may not be a line-up of people willing to invest time and money into projects that always seem to get derailed. Knowing they can be virtually on the truck and ready to roll and still get screwed up doesn't generate a lot of confidence.

Anyway, I think when production is underway we'll know it.

There's other bands who had extra material from their previous album and use it on the next. If they have 40 plus songs in the vault and decided to create a few new ones, it would prob. be done by next spring.

In that time, they might scrap some songs and record completely new ones from scratch. The only question is how many albums they're still contracted to make, and a discussion on how they'll promote it.

I guess by getting the shows out the way, it should anwser some questions.

It will either pull the band together, or cause break up.

'out of the way' - sounds like a real task :D

GN'R Hired hands - The Real Task Masters!

Edited by star