Removing Vids from Youtube?

Coma16

Does anyone have any info on why GNR are asking (forcing) guys like Marty (Guitar Jamz) to remove their tutorials from YouTube? Marty mentioned that it wasn't anyone in the band who is initiating this. Someone in management perhaps, or record label? Who knows but hopefully this doesn't spread to other bands as well....

Guitar Jamz

guns n roses want their youtube videos taken down. (sub comment "i don't blame any of the members of the band.")

sorry about all the guns n roses stuff you guys. winds of change, more to come unfortunately.

this one's ok for now. (in reference to Slash's KOHD solo, Guns N Roses text taken out of the title)

hey everyone, marty here, thanks for the well wishes and support. I'll have some new youtube lessons soon.

with the GnR thing, .....

Edited by Coma16

'guns n roses want their youtube videos taken down'

If that's fact. Then that translates to 'Axl Rose wants GN'R videos taken down'

I guess that includes both past and present. Maybe it is to help future sales of a possible Blu-ray of past and present material. Although I doubt there's much chance of Slash era video's being released on Blu-ray, although if Geffen had their way, it might happen :thumbsup:

Edited by star

When removing a video from youtube all you have to do it place a complaint about copyright infringement. Youtube has an "act first,ask questions later policy" So all you have to do is make an account *cough *uzisuicidal* cough* And anything you think shouldn't be on there, you make a claim and that's that. So you could in theory make an account on there as "black frog ent" and just starting going nuts and claiming every video with some guy in his dorm playing a lick from AFD. And youtube would pull it.

Most of the time, its just a bored "fan" trying to feel like he's helping the band/artist by doing this. When 9 times out of 10 they are hurting them. I seem to remember someone tracing that guy "uzisuicial" who would put claims on everything gnr related being some dork from england who had nothing to do with gnr.

Edited by ronartest2004

I guess that includes both past and present. Maybe it is to help future sales of a possible Blu-ray of past and present material. Although I doubt there's much chance of Slash era video's being released on Blu-ray, although if Geffen had their way, it might happen :thumbsup:

In this case it's a guitar instruction vid..

Who cares. We used to live without the internet for ages.

I don't need fuckin' youtube to learn how to play songs :shrugs:

Exactly. Once you develop an ear you shouldn't need tabs.

Fuck tablature,learn how to read music,and also develop a capacity to play by ear,you can always transpose it to a different key if needed.

When removing a video from youtube all you have to do it place a complaint about copyright infringement. Youtube has an "act first,ask questions later policy" So all you have to do is make an account *cough *uzisuicidal* cough* And anything you think shouldn't be on there, you make a claim and that's that. So you could in theory make an account on there as "black frog ent" and just starting going nuts and claiming every video with some guy in his dorm playing a lick from AFD. And youtube would pull it.

Most of the time, its just a bored "fan" trying to feel like he's helping the band/artist by doing this. When 9 times out of 10 they are hurting them. I seem to remember someone tracing that guy "uzisuicial" who would put claims on everything gnr related being some dork from england who had nothing to do with gnr.

Shoot first ask questions later eh? I was trying to listen to Van Morrison "into the mystic" but the sound had been removed die to copyright infringement. :shrugs:

Guest siliconmessiah

Probably just Axl being on a quieting-down-GNR-tirade.

Must be hard to see how everything ever released is connected with Slash-chemistry.

If he had been more active during 2000-2010 it would have been a different story. Now history and being stubborn bites his ass - hard.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Must be hard to see how everything ever released is connected with Slash-chemistry.

If he had been more active during 2000-2010 it would have been a different story. Now history and being stubborn bites his ass - hard.

Stop spreeding bullshit ffs.

:fuckyou:

If only Axl gave rumors the time of day and defended himself. Past 10 years he has been fighting to keep the band going. Can't remember exactly but I think Brain said there were something like 38 CD-related lawsuits... You don't think these helped (not entirely) hold things up?

I don't need fuckin' youtube to learn how to play songs :shrugs:

Exactly. Once you develop an ear you shouldn't need tabs.

Sorry but not every person that learns an instrument can notate tab from ear alone. Some people learn easier from watching someone else play. Get off your high horses.

That's like saying "who cares if your car's brakes don't work properly we used to live without cars for ages".

This. And obviously Volcana62 cares to an extent, or else he wouldn't have post in this very thread. But hey, we can't have anti-Guns threads around now can we?