Do you think Nu Guns will eventually become a band that can stand on their own?

Bobbo

Not telling you where you can post but you cry and whine so much about how we are all so mean to Axl I just figured you would be happier on a forum where everyone has drank the Axl coolaid... suit yourself stay here and be miserable but makes no sense to me when you have an alternative where you could be happy...... :shrugs:

Your just repeating yourself now....So basically you can't prove anything you said about me or disprove the fact that what you post is misinformation...........same old bullshit from you Sailaway, can't defend your position so you resort to personal insults to deflect attention.....

As far as saying it to Axl's face I am 6'4" 210 lbs and in shape mate so I can't say a 5'9" tough guy Axl puts much fear into me............... :rofl-lol:

Sure you are,and you turn green when you get angry right?

You are making redundant posts with no facts,not taken from media propaganda to back you up.

Another round of haterade for all your little buddies,its laughable.

I love how you contradict yourself so badly in just one post. You're bitchin how "we're making posts without facts" (which actually, you're more guilty of that than we are), yet you're implying classicrawker's lying about being 6 foot 4 and 210 pounds. You know that for a fact, huh?You're a clown.

Edited by Bobbo

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not telling you where you can post but you cry and whine so much about how we are all so mean to Axl I just figured you would be happier on a forum where everyone has drank the Axl coolaid... suit yourself stay here and be miserable but makes no sense to me when you have an alternative where you could be happy...... :shrugs:

Your just repeating yourself now....So basically you can't prove anything you said about me or disprove the fact that what you post is misinformation...........same old bullshit from you Sailaway, can't defend your position so you resort to personal insults to deflect attention.....

As far as saying it to Axl's face I am 6'4" 210 lbs and in shape mate so I can't say a 5'9" tough guy Axl puts much fear into me............... :rofl-lol:

You are making redundant posts with no facts,not taken from media propaganda to back you up.

You have no idea what is going on or what has gone on,but you have to keep face by pretending,you don't impress me in the least.

Why don't you go gargle with some colon cleanser and wash some of the shit out of your mind.

Duhhh yeah,this is a real band doing a real tour.Your opinion and media propaganda will not change the way GNR operates,not one iota. It's people like you that are ruining this forum,I'll be glad when you are gone.

Some here are actually excited about the upcoming tour,and you are ruining it spamming your heresay trash speculative rumors on the forum. You don't matter to GNR,nor your jumped up jive accusations and labeling.

It won't change a thing,and that is a guaranfuckintee.

Run home and tell mommy now,you are free to go.

Resorting to insults are a sign of a weak argument mate...

No insults there,just straight up truth that you and your mob don't want to hear.

I love how you contradict yourself so badly in just one post. You're bitchin how "we're making posts without facts" (which actually, you're more guilty of that than we are), yet you're implying classicrawker's lying about being 6 foot 4 and 210 pounds. You know that for a fact, huh?You're a clown. **I am a stupid cupcake;Just Ignore my post**

You are out of your league bobo,entering a battle of wits unarmed.

**I am a stupid cupcake;Just Ignore my post** Lol at dr sailaway/or nurse volcano...whatever user name he decides to use today. Now you're a certified shrink? Lmfao. **I am a stupid cupcake;Just Ignore my post**

Damn,this is more fun than Whack-a-mole!! :lol:

NO!

Instead of a one word answer why don't u tell is why u feel that way?

They are about to headline a major festival. And then are touring the US. All this without a new album.

And they keep you on this forum.

So why is your answer "no."

They are about to headline a major festival. And then are touring the US. All this without a new album.

They are doing these things on the back of the old band's material. I wish more than anyone that Axl would release CD II and take another shot at the fortune and fame, but I don't think he wants to do it. The record company obviously isn't going to support him, so he would have to self promote; which he's still got a big enough name that he could do that, however he doesn't seem to have the eye of the tiger anymore.

Edited by ITW 2012

**I am a stupid cupcake;Just Ignore my post**

NO!

YES! Guns N' Roses are headlining RIR and touring,you haven't heard?

NO! They will still be remembered as second best and just a bunch of replacements. All the touring is doing is making Axl (although I see nothing wrong with it) more money. If he was interested in making a name with his replacements and a band that could stand on their on merits he would have called it something besides GNR! Axl hides and when he comes out lives on his past. Sorry Axl but it is the truth.

They are doing these things on the back of the old band's material. I wish more than anyone that Axl would release CD II and take another shot at the fortune and fame, but I don't think he wants to do it. The record company obviously isn't going to support him, so he would have to self promote; which he's still got a big enough name that he could do that, however he doesn't seem to have the eye of the tiger anymore.

UMG may be a pain to deal with but why assume they won't relish making money off of GNR? UMG is into $$$ and GNR is a marketable asset. The previous lineup was done in 1996,I hardly think they are "doing it on the back of the old band" :violin:

NO!

NO! They will still be remembered as second best and just a bunch of replacements. All the touring is doing is making Axl (although I see nothing wrong with it) more money. If he was interested in making a name with his replacements and a band that could stand on their on merits he would have called it something besides GNR! Axl hides and when he comes out lives on his past. Sorry Axl but it is the truth.

It is this type post that contributes nothing worthwhile :sleeper: :sleeper:

NO!

Your right your post contributed nothing to the conversation yet you felt the need to respond....

Sleeper on the other hand was expressing his opinion even if you don't agree with it.............

Why do you subject yourself to such misery mate? HTGTH forum is calling your name.............

This ^^^^^^^ people come to see the tour to see them perform other people's material so until that changes they can never be credited with standing on their own two feet I'm afraid. It's like moving into your own apartment but still having Mom and Dad pay all the bills. Yes they play a great live show but there wouldn't even be a show if they had to rely on their own material. When this band have added sufficiently to the setlist of each show with material that at least the majority of the players had a hand in writing they can never be said to be standing on their own two feet. Thing is that as good as these guys are musically there isn't one of them other than Axl that couldn't be replaced tomorrow that would have any effect on the live band providing any replacement was given sufficient time to rehearse.

If we suddenly see a new record drop with big writing contributions from Bumble, DJ, Frank, Fortus etc then we'll be able to say they're integral to the future of the band. As it is they've contributed nothing but their skills in covering other people's work and we've no idea if they have the chops to step up and actually create something special. To clarify I'm not saying they can't as they're clearly an amazingly talented group of musicians but if uncle Axl wants his hired Guns to be taken seriously by the vast majority of people he needs to let them show us what they're capable of in the studio. Until then the answer to the OP's question is a resounding no!

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

NO!

I woulld be hurt if I gave a damn about your opionin!

This ^^^^^^^ people come to see the tour to see them perform other people's material so until that changes they can never be credited with standing on their own two feet I'm afraid. It's like moving into your own apartment but still having Mom and Dad pay all the bills. Yes they play a great live show but there wouldn't even be a show if they had to rely on their own material. When this band have added sufficiently to the setlist of each show with material that at least the majority of the players had a hand in writing they can never be said to be standing on their own two feet. Thing is that as good as these guys are musically there isn't one of them other than Axl that couldn't be replaced tomorrow that would have any effect on the live band providing any replacement was given sufficient time to rehearse.

If we suddenly see a new record drop with big writing contributions from Bumble, DJ, Frank, Fortus etc then we'll be able to say they're integral to the future of the band. As it is they've contributed nothing but their skills in covering other people's work and we've no idea if they have the chops to step up and actually create something special. To clarify I'm not saying they can't as they're clearly an amazingly talented group of musicians but if uncle Axl wants his hired Guns to be taken seriously by the vast majority of people he needs to let them show us what they're capable of in the studio. Until then the answer to the OP's question is a resounding no!

EXACTLY! Couldn't have put it any better. Agree with every word.

Edited by Bobbo

Well said mate....... :thumbsup:

NO!

But that is only the truth to you - I don't feel that way at all.

I've got no problem with Axl using the name. He created it, before slash was in the band.

To me it isn't a competition against the old band.

When Matt came on, it wasn't a competition again adler. When Gilby played, I didn't compare him against Izzy.

I don't care about the name. The music doesn't change if it is by GnR or axls ball sacks. You are Hung up on the name, whereas I could not care less about it.

Your Hung up on replacement players.....that doesn't interest me. I judge each album by the music. Not by who played on it. Was it Izzy? Gilby? Robin? Dj? For me it is about the song......some of u guys are too focused on the name or who played on the song.

When I go see GnR this month it will be to enjoy 2 hours of rock music. I won't spend 1 second comparing the band on stage to any other incarnation of GnR.

I just see AFD as the first line up of GNR. Axl was on a scene he gathered together a band to make his mark with. Then with Illusions he knew had to do something different. Same with CD, they had work to get to a point where they could branch out. Really AFD is bringing the energy of thrash to 70s rock. CD brings alternative rock to 70s rock. GNR is basically the same.

worst post ever

UMG may be a pain to deal with but why assume they won't relish making money off of GNR? UMG is into $$$ and GNR is a marketable asset. The previous lineup was done in 1996,I hardly think they are "doing it on the back of the old band" :violin:

I said that they were doing it on the back of the old band's material. Do you think most people are buying tickets to hear Axl sing Chinese Democracy or Sorry?

UMG knows that they can make way more money off an album by a GNR that includes Slash, so they aren't going to go out of their way to promote another New GNR album. Axl himself would have to take the bull by the horns when it comes to marketing, and I don't think he can be bothered.

Edited by ITW 2012

I said that they were doing it on the back of the old band's material. Do you think most people are buying tickets to hear Axl sing Chinese Democracy or Sorry?

UMG knows that they can make way more money off an album by a GNR that includes Slash, so they aren't going to go out of their way to promote another New GNR album. Axl himself would have to take the bull by the horns when it comes to marketing, and I don't think he can be bothered.

My guess is, the majority will show up to see Axl. Some will be there as they are the types that simply go to gigs, whatever the gig. Few will be there to see what they believe is a great new band. I bet there's some dumb asses who to turn in the belief Slash, Duff, Izzy will be on stage :D