Do you think Nu Guns will eventually become a band that can stand on their own?

Bobbo

I just see AFD as the first line up of GNR. Axl was on a scene he gathered together a band to make his mark with. Then with Illusions he knew had to do something different. Same with CD, they had work to get to a point where they could branch out. Really AFD is bringing the energy of thrash to 70s rock. CD brings alternative rock to 70s rock. GNR is basically the same.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on who is rating them.

Sure there are several people on this forum who

love what the last record was, including me.

But go outside the forums and CD almost us nin existant, even to long time rock fans.

To me, this band stands on there own and is unique, talented and rocks. But if you take the rest of the world outside the forums and out in the real worlds opinion, nuGuns isn't even on the radar. This is due to people distaste for the new direction, lack of promotion, and nostalgia for the old faces that brought them the hits in GNRs hayday. But the beauty of it is, it should only matter what YOu think. Do you like the new material? Do they stand on there own to YOU?

But it's so easy to forget that we don't have any music from this current band and just link them to CD.

Sooooo, until this band produces something to rate, how the fuck can we rate them. who knows if they can stand on their own. I can't see the future or predict what a record from bumble/ashba/axl would sound like.

But if this band and axl were to fully apply therselves, IMO, we could hear some really great music.

Here's to it!!!!!!!!

It really depends on who is rating them.

Sure there are several people on this forum who

love what the last record was, including me.

But go outside the forums and CD almost us nin existant, even to long time rock fans.

To me, this band stands on there own and is unique, talented and rocks. But if you take the rest of the world outside the forums and out in the real worlds opinion, nuGuns isn't even on the radar. This is due to people distaste for the new direction, lack of promotion, and nostalgia for the old faces that brought them the hits in GNRs hayday. But the beauty of it is, it should only matter what YOu think. Do you like the new material? Do they stand on there own to YOU?

But it's so easy to forget that we don't have any music from this current band and just link them to CD.

Sooooo, until this band produces something to rate, how the fuck can we rate them. who knows if they can stand on their own. I can't see the future or predict what a record from bumble/ashba/axl would sound like.

But if this band and axl were to fully apply therselves, IMO, we could hear some really great music.

Here's to it!!!!!!!!

Well, this sums up my thoughts.

During Stevens dismissal it came up how the band was dividing the money.

After deducting 17.5% for mgmt comission Axl described how he and slash had come up with a formula for filing out the rest of the money.

"During preproduction for Appetite he said slash developed a system for figuring out who wrote what parts of a song or part of a song.

There were four categories,I believe,there was lyrics,melody,music,meaning guitar,bass and drums and we split them each into 25% he concluded.When we finished I had 41% for overall takings and other people had different amounts."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do the math guys,one guy making 41% the rest dispursed among four others,who made the most?

----------------------------------

The GNR Wikipedia page tells clearly about Tracii guns being the original lead guitarist,when he got booted his name stayed and only then did Slash step in. Not an original member. It even has a graph so you guys can see pictures of all band members past and present.

---------------------------------------

Duff's book preview is quite interesting,its easy to find,check out his fb page or use Google.He gives a more than generous sample and its free to read the extended sample so you kids don't spend your bubblegum money.

------------------------------------------

This has gone far off base,and probably should be locked or moved.

I have still not heard why GNR musicians are considered "hired hands" while other bands like NIN or Megadeth are also run with one person in charge,You are holding GNR to a different standard.

To the O.P. this IS a band,it is called Guns N' Roses. They are currently headlining RIR and kicking off a growing tour.The former lineup won't be forgotten but Guns N' Roses carries on not in a shadow but in a glow.

I'm a fan and a long time follower.I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Now we are back on topic.

Wow, REALLY lost track of this thread.

Yet in that video I posted, he claims it was pretty equal. Where's the source for your information?

Traci was in the band for a very short amount of time. He contributed nothing. Everything that was played on guitar on a gnr album from that point was Slash and Izzy. Yes, if you're gonna nit pick, he was the first guitarist, but they used none of his material. At all. The Gnr that's always played on the radio, is what really helped Axl when it came to keeping the name. Not Tracii.

As for why they're hired hands, back in the days of, at the very least, Appetite, the band was a democracy, and all had equal say on what stayed, what goes, etc. Axl really wanted Novemeber Rain on Appetite, but the others said no. Do you see November Rain on the track listing for Appetite? That was back when Axl wasn't the only one who had a say in GNR. They were all equals. Today, it's pretty obvious that that's not the case anymore. Band members can't talk, or reveal too much without Axl's permission. It's Axl's vision. It's Axl's band by the legal powers that be. He can fire, hire, and rearrange the band all he wants without consulting anybody. The band members now just obey for the pay check. Sure, I'm sure there were times they made a suggestion that Axl took, but at the end of the day, if all the nu gunners wanna zig, and Axl wants to zag, they're gonna zag. It's his show, and it is what it is. It's certainly not the tight knit band you all want to paint it to be. But it wasn't always the case before Duff and Slash signed the name over to him. And look how little Axl has to show for it.

And for the bands that you specifically mentioned; Nine Inch Nails was always Trent's. For the majority of their albums he played every instrument, and created the music entirely by himself. His tour mates are quite literally; hired hands. Megadeth pretty much the same thing. It was always Dave's beast. He wrote almost virtually everything. He wrote the guitar riffs, solos, melodies, bass lines, lyrics, and sang. GNR wasn't like that in the beginning. It was ALL their band, ALL their music, and ALL their legacy; not just Axl's.

Like I said, Axl's not the first to pulll this kinda stunt; but it still doesn't make it anymore right. "At the end of the day, the ones who really lose out are the fans (paraphrased of course)." It's fact that when people think GNR they still think of Slash and Axl, not Ashba and Bumble. Nu Guns have yet to make their mark as a band that can stand on their own and not live in the past. I honestly do hope that changes. I want GNR to succeed and not just be remembered as a joke and a nostalgia act. Believe it or not, I AM rooting for them.

Phrasing sentiments in a passive aggregate while still relentlessly and emphatically compartmentalizing the same sustained original emotion is most indubitably a red herring ie: a false trail.

In pedestrian terminology,Just cuz ya want to be right doesn't make it so,nor does it entitle you to impose your misplaced belief that GNR are somehow your employees,or in addition that you somehow envision yourself capable or authorized in some misguided bizarro world to make decisions on behalf of the band,is flawed reasoning.

It warms my heart that you like Guns N' Roses,its sweet.

Phrasing sentiments in a passive aggregate while still relentlessly and emphatically compartmentalizing the same sustained original emotion is most indubitably a red herring ie: a false trail.

In pedestrian terminology,Just cuz ya want to be right doesn't make it so,nor does it entitle you to impose your misplaced belief that GNR are somehow your employees,or in addition that you somehow envision yourself capable or authorized in some misguided bizarro world to make decisions on behalf of the band,is flawed reasoning.

Where did I say that they're my employees? They're AXL'S employees, and that's the main point. Never even visited a bizarro where I believe I'm in charge of how the band operates. Nice try though.

Where did I say that they're my employees? They're AXL'S employees, and that's the main point. Never even visited a bizarro where I believe I'm in charge of how the band operates. Nice try though.

Bizarro world is not a location,it exists within the mind.

So now you have reniged on your commendable positive direction you concluded your statement preceding this one?

That saddens the sheckles of my heart, I was so enraptured with your temporary good will toward GNR,I was going to make you my BFF and post the smiling emoticon when I sensed your presence.

I intensely wanted to believe you weren't like the trollish thugs that harbour hate in their heart,and plague this forum with everything except support and positivity.

I am a Guns N' Roses fan,I was in prayer that you would remain positive.

Tommy Stinson said " get on board or fuck off" I echo these sentiments.

Nope, never. They'll always be in the shadow of the old GNR, the only GNR people recognize. If standing on their own is something Axl is concerned about then he should have used a different name

Maybe in the glow of what was and carrying on with what is ;)

carry on all you want, people will never think of DJ Ashba or Chris Pitman when somebody says "Guns N' Roses". The old band is cemented in time, the new band is pretty forgettable, sad but true.

Keep on talking smack,I'm copy-pasting all this needless negativity. This is supposed to be a fan forum. :xmasssanta:

I'm not talking smack at all, I dig this band, I'm just not a delusional fanboy who thinks a band as massive as Guns N' Roses can re-make a name for themselves

Nope, never. They'll always be in the shadow of the old GNR, the only GNR people recognize. If standing on their own is something Axl is concerned about then he should have used a different name

carry on all you want, people will never think of DJ Ashba or Chris Pitman when somebody says "Guns N' Roses". The old band is cemented in time, the new band is pretty forgettable, sad but true.

Keep on talking smack,I'm copy-pasting all this needless negativity. This is supposed to be a fan forum. :xmasssanta:

I'm not talking smack at all, I dig this band, I'm just not a delusional fanboy who thinks a band as massive as Guns N' Roses can re-make a name for themselves

No matter how much objective proof you provide he will ignore it and continue post misinformation to try to rewrite Guns history in Axl's favour so you are wasting your breath...you will never convince a cult member their savior is flawed..............

No matter how much objective proof you provide he will ignore it and continue post misinformation to try to rewrite Guns history in Axl's favour so you are wasting your breath...you will never convince a cult member their savior is flawed..............

And you are flawed in a plethoria of ways,you only choose statements that seem to add credence to your warped cause.

I'll explain your problem to you this time,pay attention take notes.

Some individuals that were at one time probably fans,develop an unhealthy sociopathic attatchment to the celebrity ie:artist and form an emotional disorder that makes them think mistakenly that they are somehow connected to the person and are entitled to know details of their personal life,and feel entitled to tell the artist what they want them to do,and what they "should" do in their career.

Keep in mind this comes from entirely selfish motivation,a misplaced sense of entitlement.

If their unreasonable and unfounded attatchment is not reciprocated,and their demands go unanswered they become a detractors and focused on somehow discrediting their objective obsession and go to great lengths to "punish" the person they have developed an attatchment to.

The internet has facilitated their abnormal behavior by allowing individuals predisposed to this to hide anonymously,and this gives them a false sense of courage,so they lash out in ways they would never do in person.

This is a abbreviated synopsis on what is motivating the cupcakes and haters to come here on a daily basis to try and discredit GNR,in any way possible. I will be ecstatic when they are gone,and this can actually be a place for actual fans of the band.They contribute nothing but negativity,and spew failed speculations and idiotic rumors.

With "fans" like that,who needs enemies,they are self styled experts in their assumptions,and supposed expertise.

Rule of thumb,if you wouldn't say it in person don't post it either.

The same people that come here daily to shit on the band are kindly invited to go straight to hello.

"Get on board or fuck off"

and that sums up the group of "fans" who will defend their guy to the death, criticism is never allowed, and any attempt to point out an error, or a misstep is immediately attacked with full force/ridicule/personal insults.

Oh like the shit being thrown at GNR on a daily basis from the same faceless cowards and haters?

GNR are not your employees,don't owe you a thing.

And you are flawed in a plethoria of ways,you only choose statements that seem to add credence to your warped cause.

Some individuals that were at one time probably fans,develop an unhealthy sociopathic attatchment to the celebrity ie:artist and form an emotional disorder that makes them think mistakenly that they are somehow connected to the person and are entitled to know details of their personal life,and feel entitled to tell the artist what they want them to do,and what they "should" do in their career.

Keep in mind this comes from entirely selfish motivation,a misplaced sense of entitlement.

If their unreasonable and unfounded attatchment is not reciprocated,and their demands go unanswered they become a detractors and focused on somehow discrediting their objective obsession and go to great lengths to "punish" the person they have developed an attatchment to.

The internet has facilitated their abnormal behavior by allowing individuals predisposed to this to hide anonymously,and this gives them a false sense of courage,so they lash out in ways they would never do in person.

This is a abbreviated synopsis on what is motivating the cupcakes and haters to come here on a daily basis to try and discredit GNR,in any way possible. I will be ecstatic when they are gone,and this can actually be a place for actual fans of the band.They contribute nothing but negativity,and spew failed speculations and idiotic rumors.

With "fans" like that,who needs enemies,they are self styled experts in their assumptions,and supposed expertise.

The same people that come here daily to shit on the band are kindly invited to go straight to hello.

Thanks for the analysis Dr. Freud....but your observation is flawed in that I don't go out of my way to bash Axl as I have never taken a cheap shot at his appearance, said NuGuns or Chidem sucks and think both he and the band are very talented.

I only correct people like you who post misinformation in a effort to change Guns history in favor of Axl. You may not like what I post but I post facts not speculation or BS like you do..And when I call your BS you just ignore the fact that you were wrong continue to post misinformation.................You just can't handle or refuse to accept the truth....

I can respect someones opposing opinoin if it is well researched and based on facts...........Like I said stop spamming the forum with your misinformation..If you are going to attack other pasters at least get your facts straight.........

and that sums up the group of "fans" who will defend their guy to the death, criticism is never allowed, and any attempt to point out an error, or a misstep is immediately attacked with full force/ridicule/personal insults.

Oh like the shit being thrown at GNR on a daily basis from the same faceless cowards and haters?

What you fail to realize is that most of that "shit" being thrown at GNR on a "daily basis" is just casual commenting coming from fans of the band. Sure there's A FEW nuts who don't even care what the band is doing and continue to cupcake and whatnot, but most people actually really do give a shit and are just putting in their two cents. No need to be so defensive.

uhhh, sounds like you

Edited by sweetness

Thanks for the analysis Dr. Freud....but your observation is flawed in that I don't go out of my way to bash Axl as I have never taken a cheap shot at his appearance, said NuGuns or Chidem sucks and think both he and the band are very talented.

I only correct people like you who post misinformation in a effort to change Guns history in favor of Axl. You may not like what I post but I post facts not speculation or BS like you do..And when I call your BS you just ignore the fact that you were wrong continue to post misinformation.................You just can't handle or refuse to accept the truth....

I can respect someones opposing opinoin if it is well researched and based on facts...........Like I said stop spamming the forum with your misinformation..If you are going to attack other pasters at least get your facts straight.........

I call bullshit,you come here from your hater forum and post selected edited obsessive so-called facts that only support your agenda.

Stop spamming the forum with your obvious contempt and negativity for anything GNR related.

I support GNR,while you hurl endless meaningless negativity at the band at every opportunity.

You don't own GNR,they don't work for you.If you don't like the way things are now,then you are in denial as well as being some delusional obsessive stalker.

If you don't like the way things are with GNR,then don't attend gigs,don't listen to them or pretend to be a fan.

It's not needed nor appreciated.

like that, exactly.

We really got off topic! I feel sad for the people who come to this fan forum to insult the artist of the forum. And tries to drill us with the nonsense they believe in their minds. They (haters) will never make me think otherwise of Axls vision of this version of GNR. I am here to support this band no matter what.

I call bullshit,you come here from your hater forum and post selected edited obsessive so-called facts that only support your agenda.

Stop spamming the forum with your obvious contempt and negativity for anything GNR related.

I support GNR,while you hurl endless meaningless negativity at the band at every opportunity.

You don't own GNR,they don't work for you.If you don't like the way things are now,then you are in denial as well as being some delusional obsessive stalker.

If you don't like the way things are with GNR,then don't attend gigs,don't listen to them or pretend to be a fan.

Really? please provide proof where I ever criticized Axl's appearance, said he was not talented, said his band of hired musicians were not talented or said ChiDem sucked? I have seen every lineup since 1987 except the current band and I said I thought the 2002 and 2006 NuGuns shows I saw were very entertaining. So now that you have slandered me please provide some proof to back your claims or STFU..........

Sorry but no matter how many times I prove you wrong and expose your making up shit you will never accept the facts...........Your like a member of a cult who cannot accept that their deity has flaws...hopefully the light will come on for you someday but I can't help you there mate as enlightenment has to come from within.................. :shrugs:

We really got off topic! I feel sad for the people who come to this fan forum to insult the artist of the forum. And tries to drill us with the nonsense they believe in their minds. They (haters) will never make me think otherwise of Axls vision of this version of GNR. I am here to support this band no matter what.

As am I Batman,they are too full of hatred to see the truth!

Really? please provide proof where I ever criticized Axl's appearance, said he was not talented, said his band of hired musicians were not talented or said ChiDem sucked? I have seen every lineup since 1987 except the current band and I said I thought the 2002 and 2006 NuGuns shows I saw were very entertaining. So now that you have slandered me please provide some proof to back your claims or STFU..........

Sorry but no matter how many times I prove you wrong and expose your making up shit you will never accept the facts...........Your like a member of a cult who cannot accept that their deity has flaws...hopefully the light will come on for you someday but I can't help you there mate as enlightenment has to come from within.................. :shrugs:

Awww,guess you'll have to sue my ass! Bring it on.

You have yet to prove a goddamn thing,do you believe everything you read in the media? That shows gullibility and no discernment,not surprising considering the source.You are not an expert in any sense of the word,you have just built up this scenario in your mind to compensate for your lack of a grip on reality.

You don't know diddly squat,about GNR nor their business,self important faceless posters who come here each day to show their contempt for the band don't impress me.

And as far as your "holier than thou" attitude telling people where to post and what to post,screw that man!

You aren't an insider,you aren't an expert on GNR so take your stacks of media propaganda and shove em' you wouldn't know the truth if it blew up your ass.

I have been into GNR since the late 80's through the bad times and the good,don't regret a minute of it. You complain and Bitch on a daily basis and some of us are sick and tired of your utter lack of respect or appreciation of GNR.

As well as your cutesy terms like "hired hands" and "nu" its beyond idiotic,and reveals you to be a no-good-turncoat-hater of the worst kind.

I dare you to say the things you've been spewing here to Axl face to face,you are a coward.

I'll be glad when you and your kind get what's coming to you,karma works.

I'll also be glad when you and your tribe of scatterbrained sociopaths don't come here,to a GNR fan forum to shake the sand out of your vaginas.

GNR aren't your employees or friends,and your "expertise" isn't needed nor wanted now crawl back to your hole with your tail between your legs, and think about that. You just got your ass handed to you on a dirty paper plate.

It is Guns N' Roses,whether you like it or not. Go Home!

Not telling you where you can post but you cry and whine so much about how we are all so mean to Axl I just figured you would be happier on a forum where everyone has drank the Axl coolaid... suit yourself stay here and be miserable but makes no sense to me when you have an alternative where you could be happy...... :shrugs:

Your just repeating yourself now....So basically you can't prove anything you said about me or disprove the fact that what you post is misinformation...........same old bullshit from you Sailaway, can't defend your position so you resort to personal insults to deflect attention.....

As far as saying it to Axl's face I am 6'4" 210 lbs and in shape mate so I can't say a 5'9" tough guy Axl puts much fear into me............... :rofl-lol:

Edited by classicrawker

You can really see the misery and unhappiness in sailaway's posts. It's funny to me. Conflicting opinions will never change. If you don't like it, there's the door. You're outta ammo sailaway. Nobody's buying your bogus information. The petty insults are only making you look more pathetic :lol:

Edited by Bobbo

Not telling you where you can post but you cry and whine so much about how we are all so mean to Axl I just figured you would be happier on a forum where everyone has drank the Axl coolaid... suit yourself stay here and be miserable but makes no sense to me when you have an alternative where you could be happy...... :shrugs:

Your just repeating yourself now....So basically you can't prove anything you said about me or disprove the fact that what you post is misinformation...........same old bullshit from you Sailaway, can't defend your position so you resort to personal insults to deflect attention.....

As far as saying it to Axl's face I am 6'4" 210 lbs and in shape mate so I can't say a 5'9" tough guy Axl puts much fear into me............... :rofl-lol:

Sure you are,and you turn green when you get angry right?

You are making redundant posts with no facts,not taken from media propaganda to back you up.

Another round of haterade for all your little buddies,its laughable.

You have no idea what is going on or what has gone on,but you have to keep face by pretending,you don't impress me in the least.

Why don't you go gargle with some colon cleanser and wash some of the shit out of your mind.

Duhhh yeah,this is a real band doing a real tour.Your opinion and media propaganda will not change the way GNR operates,not one iota. It's people like you that are ruining this forum,I'll be glad when you are gone.

Some here are actually excited about the upcoming tour,and you are ruining it spamming your heresay trash speculative rumors on the forum. You don't matter to GNR,nor your jumped up jive accusations and labeling.

It won't change a thing,and that is a guaranfuckintee.

Run home and tell mommy now,you are free to go.

Sure you are,and you turn green when you get angry right?

You are making redundant posts with no facts,not taken from media propaganda to back you up.

Another round of haterade for all your little buddies,its laughable.

You have no idea what is going on or what has gone on,but you have to keep face by pretending,you don't impress me in the least.

Why don't you go gargle with some colon cleanser and wash some of the shit out of your mind.

Duhhh yeah,this is a real band doing a real tour.Your opinion and media propaganda will not change the way GNR operates,not one iota. It's people like you that are ruining this forum,I'll be glad when you are gone.

Some here are actually excited about the upcoming tour,and you are ruining it spamming your heresay trash speculative rumors on the forum. You don't matter to GNR,nor your jumped up jive accusations and labeling.

It won't change a thing,and that is a guaranfuckintee.

Run home and tell mommy now,you are free to go.

Resorting to insults are a sign of a weak argument mate...