Detroit, December 1st

RussTCB

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to both the 02 show and the 06 one. i had crappy seats for 02 but was just stoked i was able to go. i do remember at one point people booing loudly and cups being thrown cause they thought he'd be a no show but when the lights went out people went crazy. the 06 show was fantastic, i was front row and dead center. it was my 2nd fav show i've ever been to behind only one of the nyc warm up shows

AWESOME!

I psyched that so many people are getting ready to go!

I'm thinking we should do the pre-party at Hoops this time. They shuttle people to and from the show and for those that went to The Post Bar in 06, you know how much Suzi Cole and WRIF ruined it for all the true GN'R fans. I don't want that happening again.

Anyone know what the difference in row CC and row E is? E is more expensive and I would think that it would mean CC is farther, but based on the seating chart CC is actually closer. I'm from Ohio and have never been there so any help would be appreciated!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/mornings/weekend/guns-n-roses-back-at-the-palace

myFOXdetroit.com - Guns N' Roses has announced its first U.S. tour in five years, and will perform an intimate small theatre configuration show at The Palace on Thursday, December 1 at 8 p.m.

Tickets at $75 and $49.50 reserved go on sale this Saturday, October 8 at 10 a.m. at Palacenet.com , Livenation.com, The Palace Box Office and all Ticketmaster locations. Special Superfan seating is also available.

Tickets may also be charged by phone to American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard by calling

1-800-745-3000.

Guns N' Roses are Axl Rose, DJ Ashba, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Chris Pitman and Frank Ferrer. GNR spent most of 2010 touring the globe, performing 71 shows in more than 30 countries.

The two and a half hour show played to rave reviews everywhere including South America, Canada, Europe and Southeast Asia, playing close to one million fans worldwide.

Axl Rose started Guns N' Roses more than 25 years ago. Since then, it has become one of the biggest bands in music history, selling in excess of 100 million albums worldwide. GNR's Appetite For Destruction has sold more than 28 million albums in the United States alone.

The band's most recent release, Chinese Democracy, debuted number one on the charts in 13 countries. Chinese Democracy was released on Black Frog/Geffen Records in November 2008 and reached three times Platinum in Canada, Platinum in Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, UK, Argentina, New Zealand and South Africa. The album is Gold in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Holland, Sweden, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Brazil and Colombia. In the U.S., the album was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009.

...Special Superfan seating is also available....

Do what now??

:blink:

I need to know more about this!

I am trying to get more information on this one, unless they don't know what they are talking about?

Maybe that's what the original "$125" tickets were for?

I'm gonna be at The Palace in about 3 or 4 hours grabbing my tickets, I'll inquire then and let you know if I find anything out.

Rock on, got my tickets today!! :shades:

Sweet! You doing floor as well or did you grab something in the lower bowl?

The count right now for me is 4 that I'm definitely bringing besides myself. 2 of the 4 are first timers, the other 2 having seen them in 2006 and 2010 respectively.

The night is gonna rock!

I posted this in the tickets section but thought it might get more exposure here.

I bought 3 tickets for the Detroit show on December 1 and they announced today that they are playing in Youngstown, which is about 3 hours closer to me. So I am selling the three tickets to the Detroit show. Here's the info:

Section 115,

Row CC

Seats 14-16

Will sell them for the price of the tickets ($60 each, $180 total) so you get the tickets without having to pay for the Ticketmaster fees.

Please let me know if you would be interested.

Lady at ticketmaster said they aren't selling tickets in the upper bowl sections...easily won't be a sold out

Yeah, when I went in 2006 the entire upper deck was covered with a tarp. When I went back to The Palace today to get more floor tickets I asked and they told me the same thing; no upper bowl sales at all this time.

Lady at ticketmaster said they aren't selling tickets in the upper bowl sections...easily won't be a sold out

Yeah, when I went in 2006 the entire upper deck was covered with a tarp. When I went back to The Palace today to get more floor tickets I asked and they told me the same thing; no upper bowl sales at all this time.

FOX 2 here in Detroit has been giving away tickets if you can guess the song they show on TV. They did this quite a few times. Good the show is getting some exposure.

FOX 2 here in Detroit has been giving away tickets if you can guess the song they show on TV. They did this quite a few times. Good the show is getting some exposure.

Haha, I couldn't sleep about 2 nights ago and was up almost all night. I could've sworn I heard something like that as I was flipping channels but I'd convinced myself I just made it up from lack of sleep, lol.

That's how Hamilton was in 2010 when I saw them, no upper bowl (covered up) but the lower bowl and floor looked filled. It's nice having a smaller show like that sometimes, plus Axl was in a great mood.

I've been debating about this Auburn Hills show - it's about a five hour drive from me, maybe a bit more. I have family in London, Ontario so I could easily stop in there after the show to avoid having to drive all the way back.

My only concern is I'm totally unfamiliar with that area of the States, plus anybody I know who has gone to Detroit or around there from my area said that if the weather is bad (being it possibly could be at that point) it is an absolutely brutal drive going through to Windsor and then to Detroit. I might just see how things are shaping up by the end of November and maybe try to find some tickets. ;)