Detroit, December 1st

RussTCB

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that Axl's voice hasn't improved that much since Rio, it's still in "mickey mouse" form... I would appreciate to read non-biased objective reviews of the shows, it's like all of a sudden you have all forgotten how amazing he sounded last year. I really don't like what I have been hearing from this year so far, if anyone can prove me wrong...

It has definitely improved since RIR 'fiasco', but nowhere near 2010 level unfortunately... It still works good though for most songs, except when the rasp is needed most.

Maybe 2012 will bring us the 'mighty rasp' back - who knows? :shrugs:

Considering he's been singing nonstop since 2009, I am not surprised he doesn't sound like 2010, yet I am surprised how he managed to keep it up this whole time without sounding terrible.

just got back...have to pick up my kids and then go and cut down a Christmas tree.

was backstage (i was working), just a few quick observations:

1. watched the band rehearse Civil War...not played.

2. saw the top half of the first page of the set list...about the 4th or 5th song was Oh My God ... but they did NOT play it.

3. band members are all really nice people

4. thank you to the girl behind us that was wearing the blue heart shaped pasties....and for dancing like a mad woman.

5. the d'evolution band are really nice.

6. Jarmo has really soft hands.

7. ran into Axl in the hallway right after the show, didn't talk to him, but he mocked me...it was funny.

blessed!

Holy shit, so they really ARE rehearsing it. I know some of them (Fortus springs to mind) have mentioned a desire to play it, but other than a few rumors about them rehearsing it I don't believe we've ever had confirmation like this. Bring it back! Let's start a new Facebook campaign. :thumbsup:

Holy shit, so they really ARE rehearsing it. I know some of them (Fortus springs to mind) have mentioned a desire to play it, but other than a few rumors about them rehearsing it I don't believe we've ever had confirmation like this. Bring it back! Let's start a new Facebook campaign. :thumbsup:

and not shy about it. there were lots of venue personel around, it was on the mainstage...no Axl (of course) if they were just trying to practice on the down low...they would not be doing it like I saw......and it was FUCKING AWESOME.

and not shy about it. there were lots of venue personel around, it was on the mainstage...no Axl (of course) if they were just trying to practice on the down low...they would not be doing it like I saw......and it was FUCKING AWESOME.

For my own curiosity, do you recall who did what in the song? Like say if DJ did the small solos and Bumble did the main or whatever. Hopefully they rehearse it again and someone snags a video.

For my own curiosity, do you recall who did what in the song? Like say if DJ did the small solos and Bumble did the main or whatever. Hopefully they rehearse it again and someone snags a video.

Like they did to the RIR rehearsals and recorded OMG... that would be wonderful!

sorry, i don't remember all the details, I was just kind of in shock...and they were playing it in small chunks...so they'd play for maybe a minutesand then stop...and discuss. and then repeat, I watched about 10 minutes of that. since I was working, I didn't want it to appear that I was also an undercover fan....so I moved on.

really have to go and get the Christmas tree now....I could go on and on....it was WAY WAY better than the last time I saw them (2 years ago i think).....the third level was not being sold, but I'd guess the rest was maybe 85% sold....but virtually now one around me knew any of the CD songs, and when they played the CD songs people in the seats would exit to pee and get beer.

I was towards the back of the floor....by the "pastie girls"...

okay....kids are in the car literally waiting for me.....hahaha.

It seems to me that Axl's voice hasn't improved that much since Rio, it's still in "mickey mouse" form... I would appreciate to read non-biased objective reviews of the shows, it's like all of a sudden you have all forgotten how amazing he sounded last year. I really don't like what I have been hearing from this year so far, if anyone can prove me wrong...

Non-biased objective review: Axl Rose is in top form. I have not one complaint about his voice from the show I went to. Youtube videos DO NOT do any favors. I know this doesnt really make sense, but it is 100% the truth. I talked to a guy who had been to twenty plus GNR shows and he said its the best he has heard him sound.

Edited by The Wicked Hand

just got back...have to pick up my kids and then go and cut down a Christmas tree.

2. saw the top half of the first page of the set list...about the 4th or 5th song was Oh My God ... but they did NOT play it.

4. thank you to the girl behind us that was wearing the blue heart shaped pasties....and for dancing like a mad woman.

7. ran into Axl in the hallway right after the show, didn't talk to him, but he mocked me...it was funny.

blessed!

Their setlists are only a list of songs they're prepared to play, not what they'll play at every show. Probably the same list as in Hamilton:

gnr.jpg

They were absolutely amazing last night. I never ever thought I'd say this, but fuck a reunion! This band played flawlessly, had fantastic interaction, Axl is having fun, and is most definately on top of his game, his voice was great from beginning to end. This version of the band is so extremly talented it's ridiculous. Absolutely a phenomenal preformance last night at the Palace of Auburn Hills !!

blessed!

Wow that is really cool! Glad you enjoyed the evening!

blessed!

Wow - thats amazing mate ! Good for you. When do the band rehearse ? On the afternoon of the gig date?

How on earth could you run into Axl in a hallway and not even say a quick G'day ??? Thats like running into Jesus Christ in Heaven and not stopping him and saying "Yo - J.C - What's up dude ! " ...

(I don't wanna know how you came about Jarmo's soft hands - but let me say - It's ok to say no... ) :)

Thanks for sharing your experience and have a great Christmas.

blessed!

Wow that is really cool! Glad you enjoyed the evening!

I assume you are referring to #4 :rofl-lol:

saw some really cool stuff....i'll write a full post on it tomorrow probably.

I wonder if Axl has them rehearse until they have there " feel " to it and then when its good he'll do it ?

should be soon then hey ?

Vegas ? ........................ mmmmmmmmm .......................... DVD ? PLEASE?

I will write "Thank You Axl!" one thousand times if a new song is played at this show.

you mean copy and paste , right ?

Are u kidding me?

People attending the shows are saying how great axls voice sounds. After EVERY show. What more do u need?

Is a review only unbiased if the reviewer says that Axl sucks?

Every show this tour has a topic about it. Every one is full or concert attendees giving their opinion of the show. But your YouTube listening gives you greater knowledge than people actually at the show????

Heck, even the newspaper reviews are 90% positive.

Seems like YOU are the one with am unbiased opinion.

I wonder if Axl has them rehearse until they have there " feel " to it and then when its good he'll do it ?

should be soon then hey ?

Vegas ? ........................ mmmmmmmmm .......................... DVD ? PLEASE?

I will write "Thank You Axl!" one thousand times if a new song is played at this show.

you mean copy and paste , right ?

Yes, when I saw it played, it really felt like they were trying to get a "feel".

I don't know how you put the "soul" into it, when it wasn't yours to start with. that is the importance of writting music as a group.

after seeing that I feel humbled.

when Axl reacted to my reaction...I saw the creative...the...ONE...I didn't see a superstar...I just...I just....I don't really know how to say it...i'm not all gobsmaked...proabably b/c i'm very well educated and have a solid philosphical outlook at things...

it was weird. everyone seems to think that he has an EGO. I think not.

ahhhhhh fuck it......i gotta go to bed.....shoulda seen the guy grabbing the mic.....hahahahahaha.......it got lost in all the confetti.....omfg!