Detroit, December 1st

RussTCB

F I N A L L Y !!!!!!

4ujvcm.jpg

Just now snagged the above from The Palace website in case it disappears!

*gunsguy edit*

Band is currently ON STAGE

SETLIST

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

Unknown setlist

Awaiting further updates when avail

Edited by gunsguy
Setlist

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why in the hell Detroit would be $35 more than everywhere else for floor, but that's what's up on The Palace site so I'm guessing it's accurate. I just got floor for Chicago earlier today, so I'll probably just get lower bowl for this.

pretty pricey for those that will travel. It's a 3 hour drive and a day off work, and then pop $250+fees etc.....

who am I kidding...i'm going.

Awesome brother, see you there! I'm going to try to set a better pre-party place than The Post Bar. It's by far the easiest place to have it, but as anyone who was there in 2006 knows, the local radio DJ just killed the fun for everyone.

Good news for Michigan fans! Anyone ever see Patience from the 2002 show where Axl throws his mic?

Oh I was there! Still don't know what happened! lol

I maybe wrong but I think the band screwed up the song.....

According to gnrontour.com:

11.21.02 - The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo [Robin], Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Piano Solo, November Rain, Guitar Solo [buckethead], Rocket Queen, Madagascar, The Blues, Rhiad And The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Patience

notes: First live performance of 'Rhiad And The Bedouins' on the North American tour. Due to several problems while playing 'Patience,' - the show is over after the song.

Oh it definitely sounded screwed up. I just meant that I'm still not sure who's fault it was exactly but I can tell you Axl was PISSED. He lost all interest in the song about 1 minute in. I was shocked when he came back to even finish the song.

Good news for Michigan fans! Anyone ever see Patience from the 2002 show where Axl throws his mic?

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think About You, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo [Robin], Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Piano Solo, November Rain, Guitar Solo [buckethead], Rocket Queen, Madagascar, The Blues, Rhiad And The Bedouins, Chinese Democracy, Patience

notes: First live performance of 'Rhiad And The Bedouins' on the North American tour. Due to several problems while playing 'Patience,' - the show is over after the song.

Oh it definitely sounded screwed up. I just meant that I'm still not sure who's fault it was exactly but I can tell you Axl was PISSED. He lost all interest in the song about 1 minute in. I was shocked when he came back to even finish the song.

were you mad when he cut the show short?

Not even a little bit. I got to hear Riad plus that was the first time I heard Madagascar, The Blues and Chinese live in person. Show was awesome, short or not.

I was there. First time seeing GN'R (holy fucking religious experience...). Wasn't even mad or sad they didn't play PC because it was like, "YESSS... THAT IS AXL." Felt bad the song got fucked up, but was glad to be part of a memorable moment.

As much of a struggle as it was living in Detroit, I do miss it sometimes. Tough city, that place... Wish to God there'd be some kind of a renaissance or comeback.

Not even a little bit. I got to hear Riad plus that was the first time I heard Madagascar, The Blues and Chinese live in person. Show was awesome, short or not.

that's so weird to me....i've been to a lot of shows, a lot of different bands and styles and stuff, and i've seen them mess songs up to the point where they literally start over, but i've never seen anybody just get mad and leave. i remember seeing motley crue in 1990...it was the second or third show i'd ever been to, and they didn't play an encore in a sold out arena. and that just hit me as a dick move, you know? i was 13, and i still remember being really disappointed.

i think i'd be really mad if somebody just stopped in the middle of a show and went home. maybe if they were being pelted with dangerous objects (not a couple of plastic bottles or anything), or if one of the band members passed out or something. but if they were too fucked up to play or got mad because of one or two jerk offs in the crowd or because somebody in the band fucked up a part, i'd be pissed, i think.

I'm a Michigan fan but I'll be seeing them in Chicago. I'd rather go to a libtard city than a violence infested jungle. Just kidding, I'd probably take Detroit over Shitcago but I already bought tickets.

Edited by Sweersa

I'm a Michigan fan but I'll be seeing them in Chicago. I'd rather go to a libtard city than a violence infested jungle.

it's in auburn hills man. tons of money there. in fact (and not to get off topic; sorry mods), most larger towns and cities outside of detroit are insanely wealthy. birmingham, auburn hills, farmington hills, livonia, grosse pointe/isle/woods/farms, etc., even novi.

yeah auburn hills is NOT detroit. west bloomfield, novi, royal oak, birmingham, auburn hills, bloomfield (hills), rochester, etc are completely fine. im from west bloomfield myself (currently living in east lansing for school though)

ive ben to plenty of shows downtown though like kiss, chickenfoot, buckethead, rush, etc. in fact i went to cobo hall downtown last week for a comic show and it was fine.

dont avoid the show cause its in auburn hills, its a fine area =)

that's so weird to me....i've been to a lot of shows, a lot of different bands and styles and stuff, and i've seen them mess songs up to the point where they literally start over, but i've never seen anybody just get mad and leave. i remember seeing motley crue in 1990...it was the second or third show i'd ever been to, and they didn't play an encore in a sold out arena. and that just hit me as a dick move, you know? i was 13, and i still remember being really disappointed.

i think i'd be really mad if somebody just stopped in the middle of a show and went home. maybe if they were being pelted with dangerous objects (not a couple of plastic bottles or anything), or if one of the band members passed out or something. but if they were too fucked up to play or got mad because of one or two jerk offs in the crowd or because somebody in the band fucked up a part, i'd be pissed, i think.

They didn't stop in the middle of the show. They didn't play Nightrain and Paradise City so well over the "middle" and again, I mentioned the reasons why I wasn't mad at all.

They didn't stop in the middle of the show. They didn't play Nightrain and Paradise City so well over the "middle" and again, I mentioned the reasons why I wasn't mad at all.

i see.

REALLY? Same arena, too. I hope it goes better this time around! :xmassrudolph:

Show in 06 was fine...

Gotta change my itinerary now.

People tend to forget that they came here in 06 and the show went off without a hitch. Plus, as I mentioned the 02 show was awesome for many reasons, just cut slightly short because of the Patience thing.