Detroit, December 1st

RussTCB

It seems to me that Axl's voice hasn't improved that much since Rio, it's still in "mickey mouse" form... I would appreciate to read non-biased objective reviews of the shows, it's like all of a sudden you have all forgotten how amazing he sounded last year. I really don't like what I have been hearing from this year so far, if anyone can prove me wrong...

Are u kidding me?

People attending the shows are saying how great axls voice sounds. After EVERY show. What more do u need?

Is a review only unbiased if the reviewer says that Axl sucks?

Every show this tour has a topic about it. Every one is full or concert attendees giving their opinion of the show. But your YouTube listening gives you greater knowledge than people actually at the show????

Heck, even the newspaper reviews are 90% positive.

Seems like YOU are the one with am unbiased opinion.

People like the person you quoted wouldn't bother to actually download the files I provided to see or hear proof of how awesome Axl's voice was/is. They'd rather sit in their mom's basement and talk about how terrible Axl's voice is or how bad the band is.

Go fuck yourself.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vocal's were right on.

The ONLY thing I caught that was off was during Don't Cry.....sounded like some of the "connections" might have been off....a little fuzzy....but certainly a tech thing.

Something is up. I can't say. I have an opinion.

don't evern try and tell me.....

Edited by Drakestar

It seems to me that Axl's voice hasn't improved that much since Rio, it's still in "mickey mouse" form... I would appreciate to read non-biased objective reviews of the shows, it's like all of a sudden you have all forgotten how amazing he sounded last year. I really don't like what I have been hearing from this year so far, if anyone can prove me wrong...

Are u kidding me?

People attending the shows are saying how great axls voice sounds. After EVERY show. What more do u need?

Is a review only unbiased if the reviewer says that Axl sucks?

Every show this tour has a topic about it. Every one is full or concert attendees giving their opinion of the show. But your YouTube listening gives you greater knowledge than people actually at the show????

Heck, even the newspaper reviews are 90% positive.

Seems like YOU are the one with am unbiased opinion.

People like the person you quoted wouldn't bother to actually download the files I provided to see or hear proof of how awesome Axl's voice was/is. They'd rather sit in their mom's basement and talk about how terrible Axl's voice is or how bad the band is.

Go fuck yourself.

+1

Did a tad more editing. Here's Better from last night for those interested:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Q8ZFEHI

Great recording!

Thank you. My fiancee took time out of her life and enjoyment to do so for GNR fans. I'm glad someone took to the time to appreciate it :)

Yeah, it sounds really good. Is that you screaming "yes" right after Better started?

Thank you and your fiancee for recording the show.

Any ideia about when you guys are releasing it?

Did a tad more editing. Here's Better from last night for those interested:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Q8ZFEHI

Great recording!

Thank you. My fiancee took time out of her life and enjoyment to do so for GNR fans. I'm glad someone took to the time to appreciate it :)

Yeah, it sounds really good. Is that you screaming "yes" right after Better started?

Thank you and your fiancee for recording the show.

Any ideia about when you guys are releasing it?

No, that was my buddy Josh. It was his first GN'R show and he LOVES all of Chinese but Better is his favorite GN'R song. Earlier in the day, we were listening to it and I mentioned that they'd left it out at a few shows. He was super worried as the show went on that he wasn't gonna hear it so when they lit into it, he shit himself :D

And you're very welcome for the recording. The GN'R trading community has provided me with countless memories over the past two decades and I just wanted to try to give something back. :)

I don't know the first thing about eq'ing and editing so I asked estabanf from htgth to help out since he's great with it. I'm uploading the whole file (1.7gb!) to megaupload right now. When it's done, estabanf is going to get it, raise the volume, eq it a little, split it into tracks and get it out to everyone.

I just burned the file to CD for the car and I'm gonna take a listen while driving around for work today. I'm already excited to re-live the show :)

just got back...have to pick up my kids and then go and cut down a Christmas tree.

was backstage (i was working), just a few quick observations:

1. watched the band rehearse Civil War...not played.

2. saw the top half of the first page of the set list...about the 4th or 5th song was Oh My God ... but they did NOT play it.

3. band members are all really nice people

4. thank you to the girl behind us that was wearing the blue heart shaped pasties....and for dancing like a mad woman.

5. the d'evolution band are really nice.

6. Jarmo has really soft hands.

7. ran into Axl in the hallway right after the show, didn't talk to him, but he mocked me...it was funny.

blessed!

Their setlists are only a list of songs they're prepared to play, not what they'll play at every show. Probably the same list as in Hamilton:

gnr.jpg

It's weird how Riad isn't even on the setlists. Wonder if it's a legal thing to do with that Ulrich Schnauss lawsuit? They could just drop the intro. Not that I'm complaining, not a fan of the song anyway.

just got back...have to pick up my kids and then go and cut down a Christmas tree.

was backstage (i was working), just a few quick observations:

1. watched the band rehearse Civil War...not played.

2. saw the top half of the first page of the set list...about the 4th or 5th song was Oh My God ... but they did NOT play it.

3. band members are all really nice people

4. thank you to the girl behind us that was wearing the blue heart shaped pasties....and for dancing like a mad woman.

5. the d'evolution band are really nice.

6. Jarmo has really soft hands.

7. ran into Axl in the hallway right after the show, didn't talk to him, but he mocked me...it was funny.

blessed!

Details on number seven? What'd Axl say?

estabanf posted this message about an hour ago:

done. uploading now. there will be two versions:

- FLAC > 940 mb

- MP3 VBR [Helix] in maximum quality > 288 mb

The recording is good once you raise its volume. It saturates here and there, but its a more than good recording and its complete (what matter in the end...)

Will up the MP3 in a direct server and the FLAC at DIME (and then to the direct server too)

So it shouldn't be too long now!

Here you go:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=63375.new#new

Everyone enjoy!

To everyone who downloads and/or enjoys this:

It goes without saying, but this recording was made with the intent to be shared for FREE so if you see any of "the usual suspect websites" trying to charge absurd prices for this recording, please try to help out your fellow GN'R collectors by directing them here instead. smiley.gif

e5nrtl.jpg

I’ve being trying to find time to post this since I got back…but with Christmas and little kids, finding time as been tough. I made some observation is a quick thread I posted earlier.

We crossed the border in Sarnia at about 3pm on Thursday. The border guard asked us where we were going and then told us that he had just been on the band’s buses about half an hour before us. Said 9 buses, Axl had not come through yet, unless he had crossed in Detroit or on a different day. So he met all the members, said they were all really nice. Side note, he said that when Def Leppard came they were real assholes and that the next time they come through, they “might” have some issues getting a quick clearance. Haha. This guard was stoked about the concert and he wasn’t even going.

I had passes waiting for me and my wife at the loading dock security. I was working the venue. I got the job simply because I asked nicely. I did not know anyone, didn’t blow anyone….ewwwww!

Being backstage before the show is a COMPLETELY different experience than after show. After show is where the meeting and greeting happens, where pictures and autographs can be attained. This does not happen before the show. There are no fans with passes before the show (except me). I did not have after show passes (damn…I tried!). so no pictures, no autographs.

The band members were just walking around like regular people, therefore I was regular people. Talked to them all in very casual conversation.

Saw Ron and DJ having a guitar photo shoot for some Japanese magazine. They are meticulous with their guitars. Watched DJ spend ten minutes taking a lighter to his to give it characteristic, unique burn marks. On one hand I thought he was crazy, but on the other it was like watching an artist at work.

Watched the guys walk out to the stage, so we followed, just to take a peek. They started working on Civil War. It was really cool watching them work on it. Playing a few minutes, stopping, discussing, and trying it again. Very exciting and a highlight. Just us and about 10 venue staff that were wandering around.

We also spent some time talking with the opening band, D’Generation. Really, really nice guys. They were excited to watch the Guns show as well, and they were really head banging out there.

After awhile we grabbed some food in catering and then waited. When Axl arrives, the place is on virtual lockdown. He gets a clear path to his dressing room and then you do not see him again until it is time to go onstage (about 1045ish).

I wasn’t really sure if there was an after show or not, of if there was it was going to be short. On the posted itinerary, it said: AFTERSHOW: DRIVE TO CINNINATI.

The show started and we went out to GA area. We were at the back. The show was fantastic as others have described. 90% of the people did not know any of CD. In fact, as soon as a CD song was played you could see the people in the stands head for the bathrooms. One thing that surprised me about the show was the solos.

Usually I HATE the solos…just not my thing…so I was not really all that thrilled when I saw how many were included in previous setlists. HOWEVER, they were great…I was really surprised, great showmanship. (If you are a Slash lover…stop reading….the previous times I have seen the original line up, when it was time for Slash to do his solo song, he basically stood there, head down, expressionless)…but these guys were actually entertaining. Really like Sonic Reducer, but most people had no idea what the song was.

After the band bowed, Axl grabbed a mic, thanked everyone for coming and for not throwing shit at him!

The mic landed about 5 feet from me, I was not getting invovled in a fight. If you can catch the mic in the air...great! if not, good luck wrestling for it. I heard someone say that it got lost in the confetti. I think we were in the sweet spot for the confetti, since we got blasted with the cannons from the front and from the back.

After the show, I went back to grab my stuff out of my room and get ready to head back to the hotel for my four hours of desperately need sleep.

I was REALLY bummed that I did not get after show passes. I did meet Jarmo, and hoped that he could come through. But no. He was polite, but not really engaging. I was really disappointed. Sat my stuff down by the door, and turned around to take one last look at an opportunity I may never get again.

I told my wife I was going to take a quick walk down the hallway just in case. I was walking down and got almost to the point of the Bands Dressing room, the hallway is curved at the palace so you can only see about 20 feet in front of you.

BAM around the corner is Axl! I stopped dead, kinda put my arms out to the side and jolted….whoa! Well, he mocked me. He copied my posture, gave that great Axl smile/smirk and then ducked into the dressing room. Didn’t say a word. It whole encounter might have been 10 seconds max. But, it made my night. He was on a mission to get into that room. He does not hang out in public spaces (even if they are secured). It’s work for him, he has fun, but takes it very seriously.

If you have not seen this band…do it. A three hour show that seems like half that amount of time (other than sore feet from standing on concrete for hours. This is probably the second best show I have been to, but the best for the experience.

The rest of our trip was pretty uneventful except that we stopped at Bestbuy on the way home to grab some movies for the kids and sitting on the stand when you walk in the door was a vinyl copy of Appetite...so I HAD to buy it! $20.

Edited by Drakestar

BAM around the corner is Axl! I stopped dead, kinda put my arms out to the side and jolted….whoa! Well, he mocked me. He copied my posture, gave that great Axl smile/smirk and then ducked into the dressing room. Didn’t say a word. It whole encounter might have been 10 seconds max. But, it made my night. He was on a mission to get into that room. He does not hang out in public spaces (even if they are secured). It’s work for him, he has fun, but takes it very seriously.

LOL. That's awesome. I can see that. Nice shared moment.

e5nrtl.jpg

I've being trying to find time to post this since I got back…but with Christmas and little kids, finding time as been tough. I made some observation is a quick thread I posted earlier.

We crossed the border in Sarnia at about 3pm on Thursday. The border guard asked us where we were going and then told us that he had just been on the band's buses about half an hour before us. Said 9 buses, Axl had not come through yet, unless he had crossed in Detroit or on a different day. So he met all the members, said they were all really nice. Side note, he said that when Def Leppard came they were real assholes and that the next time they come through, they "might" have some issues getting a quick clearance. Haha. This guard was stoked about the concert and he wasn't even going.

I had passes waiting for me and my wife at the loading dock security. I was working the venue. I got the job simply because I asked nicely. I did not know anyone, didn't blow anyone….ewwwww!

Being backstage before the show is a COMPLETELY different experience than after show. After show is where the meeting and greeting happens, where pictures and autographs can be attained. This does not happen before the show. There are no fans with passes before the show (except me). I did not have after show passes (damn…I tried!). so no pictures, no autographs.

The band members were just walking around like regular people, therefore I was regular people. Talked to them all in very casual conversation.

Saw Ron and DJ having a guitar photo shoot for some Japanese magazine. They are meticulous with their guitars. Watched DJ spend ten minutes taking a lighter to his to give it characteristic, unique burn marks. On one hand I thought he was crazy, but on the other it was like watching an artist at work.

Watched the guys walk out to the stage, so we followed, just to take a peek. They started working on Civil War. It was really cool watching them work on it. Playing a few minutes, stopping, discussing, and trying it again. Very exciting and a highlight. Just us and about 10 venue staff that were wandering around.

We also spent some time talking with the opening band, D'Generation. Really, really nice guys. They were excited to watch the Guns show as well, and they were really head banging out there.

After awhile we grabbed some food in catering and then waited. When Axl arrives, the place is on virtual lockdown. He gets a clear path to his dressing room and then you do not see him again until it is time to go onstage (about 1045ish).

I wasn't really sure if there was an after show or not, of if there was it was going to be short. On the posted itinerary, it said: AFTERSHOW: DRIVE TO CINNINATI.

The show started and we went out to GA area. We were at the back. The show was fantastic as others have described. 90% of the people did not know any of CD. In fact, as soon as a CD song was played you could see the people in the stands head for the bathrooms. One thing that surprised me about the show was the solos.

Usually I HATE the solos…just not my thing…so I was not really all that thrilled when I saw how many were included in previous setlists. HOWEVER, they were great…I was really surprised, great showmanship. (If you are a Slash lover…stop reading….the previous times I have seen the original line up, when it was time for Slash to do his solo song, he basically stood there, head down, expressionless)…but these guys were actually entertaining. Really like Sonic Reducer, but most people had no idea what the song was.

After the band bowed, Axl grabbed a mic, thanked everyone for coming and for not throwing shit at him!

The mic landed about 5 feet from me, I was not getting invovled in a fight. If you can catch the mic in the air...great! if not, good luck wrestling for it. I heard someone say that it got lost in the confetti. I think we were in the sweet spot for the confetti, since we got blasted with the cannons from the front and from the back.

After the show, I went back to grab my stuff out of my room and get ready to head back to the hotel for my four hours of desperately need sleep.

I was REALLY bummed that I did not get after show passes. I did meet Jarmo, and hoped that he could come through. But no. He was polite, but not really engaging. I was really disappointed. Sat my stuff down by the door, and turned around to take one last look at an opportunity I may never get again.

I told my wife I was going to take a quick walk down the hallway just in case. I was walking down and got almost to the point of the Bands Dressing room, the hallway is curved at the palace so you can only see about 20 feet in front of you.

BAM around the corner is Axl! I stopped dead, kinda put my arms out to the side and jolted….whoa! Well, he mocked me. He copied my posture, gave that great Axl smile/smirk and then ducked into the dressing room. Didn't say a word. It whole encounter might have been 10 seconds max. But, it made my night. He was on a mission to get into that room. He does not hang out in public spaces (even if they are secured). It's work for him, he has fun, but takes it very seriously.

If you have not seen this band…do it. A three hour show that seems like half that amount of time (other than sore feet from standing on concrete for hours. This is probably the second best show I have been to, but the best for the experience.

The rest of our trip was pretty uneventful except that we stopped at Bestbuy on the way home to grab some movies for the kids and sitting on the stand when you walk in the door was a vinyl copy of Appetite...so I HAD to buy it! $20.

Awesome. Thank you for sharing. It's always neat to here very unique experiences like that :)

I really didn't think that I was the type to be star struck. but it happened. I've played it in my head, if there was anything I could have said to change the outcome, but really there wasn't...he was on a pace to bust through that door.

Cool moment though!

Edited by Drakestar

I really didn't think that I was the type to be star struck. but it happened. I've played it in my head, if there was anything I could have said to change the outcome, but really there wasn't...he was on a pace to bust through that door.

Cool moment though!

I usually do pretty well with not being star struck but I'm pretty sure I'd be a babbling idiot if confronted with meeting Axl haha